Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: House of the Dragon vs Rings of Power  (Read 606 times)
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« on: Monday, September 5, 2022, 12:47:07 »

Ok we're 2 or 3 episodes in, which fantasy behemoth is floating your boat?

I'm going with HotD and not just because Matt Smith in a long white wig is hysterically funny.

RoP still seems wedded to the Tolkien standard, let's not be remotely curious about anyone's motivation thing. Good races are good, orcs are evil, just because the are. Only humans seem to be able to choose which side they join and even that seems a bit random. It's all pretty black and white. Characters seem unlikely to develop much depth and the proto-hobbits are fucking annoying (would it be too much to ask for a small, isolated nomadic tribes accents to sound at least vaguely similar?). And Lenny Henry is about 6'2 ffs, could you not find a role that doesn't make my head spin quite so much for him. I'm struggling to imagine him being  a little person hiding in the undergrowth from people, my mental image of him is too big and loud.

HotD is already paying the ground for the sort of political backstabbing intrigues that made the early seasons of GofT  so much fun. And it has Paddy Constantine and Rhys Ifans. I think it's taken a very early two goal lead.

..never go back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: