Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Newport County pre match chat and matchday thread 22/23  (Read 37708 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 09:05:57 »

Take tomorrow as an example. It’s Newport, there will be trouble, lots of Police will be needed and it’s hardly appropriate during a National period of mourning.

This, today's Tour of Britain stage was cancelled straight after she passed as a mark of respect, later on last night the whole race has been knocked on the head as they just cannot police it as police have been recalled to their home forces, leave cancelled etc, I suspect football will be the same.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 09:14:34 »

I've just been reading about what sports are doing this weekend and I guess it's down to the relevant governing bodies as to what they do - in football there is an official mourning guidance apparently.

A lot of the events on Friday have been cancelled. A few events, such as all the Scottish domestic Rugby fixtures and the Northern Ireland football fixtures have all been postponed for Saturday/Sunday. Further afield the Formula One and US Open will continue with a minute's silence. I guess by later this morning we should know about whether events will happen tomorrow or not.

My personal opinion, which isn't vehement, is that sporting events should go ahead with a period of silence/celebration/remembrance before matches. I just hope that if that is the case that our Welsh counterparts don't ruin this, the same with Celtic up in Scotland as well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 09:30:05 »

Trouble is I remember we were away at Cardiff City just after Princess Margaret died. A few unsavouries ruined the minutes silence, I heard it on the radio. Disrespectful scum.

I was at that game & the ref ended the 2mins silence early.

My personal opinion on this matter is that sport, events etc should continue this weekend if the policing etc isn't an issue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 09:31:04 »

Yeah the Government says its up to the EDL EFL/Prem.
I reckon they'll cancel because the wrath of footy fans is less than the "didn't show respect" backlash

Anyway, apparently they are meeting at 11. Or the Prem are.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 9, 2022, 09:36:54 by Batch » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #79 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 09:31:20 »

My personal opinion, which isn't vehement, is that sporting events should go ahead with a period of silence/celebration/remembrance before matches. I just hope that if that is the case that our Welsh counterparts don't ruin this, the same with Celtic up in Scotland as well.
This makes the most sense to me too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 09:32:06 »

Yeah the Government says its up to the EDL/Prem.
I reckon they'll cancel because the wrath of footy fans is less than the "didn't show respect" backlash

EDL?  Huh?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #81 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 09:32:40 »

The EFL will follow suit with the Prem.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 09:34:22 »

EDL?  Huh?

Oh FFS.

Probably best not to involve them
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 09:35:10 »

EDL?  Huh?

Yeah it's up to Tommy Robinson whether the football goes ahead or not! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman

« Reply #84 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 09:35:44 »

Yeah it's up to Tommy Robinson whether the football goes ahead or not! Smiley
LOOOOOOTOOOOOON.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 09:41:25 »

Apparently it's going to be up to the clubs as to whether they postpone or not. Not sure how accurate that snippet of information I have been sent is!

DMC

« Reply #86 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 09:44:19 »

As Clem is currently mid flight on his way over i am sure he would want it to go ahead
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 09:46:14 »

Rugby set to go ahead
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 09:46:43 »

Further afield the Formula One and US Open will continue with a minute's silence.

I see no reason whatsoever why anything should be postponed outside the UK, its not like we would do likewise if the king of Spain died?

Apparently it's going to be up to the clubs as to whether they postpone or not. Not sure how accurate that snippet of information I have been sent is!

Oh great, once again drop it down to the lowest level so there will be no consistency and clubs that choose to postpone (or not) will get all the shit, its like the dithering over lockdowns all over again!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 09:50:38 »

I am not doubting that's what you were told. But surely its all or nowt from the EFL.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: