Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon Pre Match & Match Day Thread  (Read 33971 times)
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 06:59:34 »

if we had converted just 2 games into wins we’d be in the play-offs… and I’ve no doubt there’d still be some of you complaining

I think that could be justified. Say Stockport's equaliser was incorrectly chalked off for an offside, and yesterday FBTs header goes in, all else being equal we would have 4 more points but not played any better.

The luck element would perhaps afford more time for people to male their mind up, but the concerns would be exactly the same, masked only by the results.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 07:51:05 »

if we were getting dicked every week after just 7 games I’d be saying Lindsey out… 6 games unbeaten - if we had converted just 2 games into wins we’d be in the play-offs… and I’ve no doubt there’d still be some of you complaining
Battling draws against good teams or away from home are to be applauded but for the most part that's not what we've seen.  We don't appear to have a plan to win games and the manager seems incapable of adapting to situations or even using his subs sensibly, amazed he only used 2, clearly doesn't trust the squad he's happy with. 

It's been the same all season and I can't see it changing, finding a way to win is the most important quality of any manager/team and we just don't have it.    We don't create enough or look solid enough to be anything other than a team making up the numbers. 

Now the crowd has started to turn it's going to be even harder to change that.   Have bought Doncaster and Grimsby tickets but if we're still shit at the end of the month, I'll find something else to do rather than waste time and money turning up out of duty.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 08:05:11 »

We were poor yesterday, which is a shame as after last week I was slightly more optimistic as we had shown signs of improvement every game. Even though we were poor yesterday, we had chances to win the game, Jephcott somehow hit it over from a yard and Blake-Tracy had a great chance with a header, there were a couple of others too.

Lindsey was up against it from day one as he was seen as a last resort/cheap option, so the indifferent start hasn't helped. I don't like the coaching set up, it smacks of non league and I can't honestly see them taking us forward.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 08:07:25 »

Totally agree don’t wish anyone to have mental health issues over it.  Read his bio on Wikipedia as a refresher and two things strike me one is how little experience he really has and the second was the personal tragedies he has gone through.  So my hope is either he turns this round fast or that the club give him plenty of pathways to just going back to being a coach under the tutelage of someone new with more experience. 

I cannot see Sandro allowing this to carry on for long as his reputation is also on the line.

I'm not sure if Lindsey still travels to Kent daily or stays down here away from his kids during the week. Either way none are ideal and good for family life etc.

So, give no fucks
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 08:35:30 »

I'm not sure if Lindsey still travels to Kent daily or stays down here away from his kids during the week. Either way none are ideal and good for family life etc.
I thought that as well. If that is the case, reuniting with Garner at Charlton could be a win/win for all concerned I would have thought...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 08:57:47 »

I thought that as well. If that is the case, reuniting with Garner at Charlton could be a win/win for all concerned I would have thought...

Good post and that's not knocking Lindsey but that would be better for all concerned.

So, give no fucks
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 09:01:28 »

if we were getting dicked every week after just 7 games I’d be saying Lindsey out… 6 games unbeaten - if we had converted just 2 games into wins we’d be in the play-offs… and I’ve no doubt there’d still be some of you complaining
To me multiple if's don't make a solid case I'm afraid.
I think if we'd played the same and scabbed a few extra wins I think the lack of direction from the recruitment and on the pitch would've only papered over the cracks that we're a shadow of last year's team

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 09:38:31 »

I'll start this by saying I don't think 7 games is long enough to see. He hasn't even used some of his new players yet.

so no, I'm not calling for his head

But to my eyes, which have admittedly mostly been ifollow so far, we look so disjointed and without a plan. Many of the games I've seen we've created very little, look shakey at the back* and the midfield just isn't clicking. it's slow and methodical.

*yet have somehow only conceded 6

so yeah I have a bad feeling.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 09:41:58 »

Back line has been ok I think
It doesn’t look as composed as last year and sees a bit more ‘get it away’ than ‘pass it out’

I guess you could say we have better defenders there this year but not better footballers.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 10:06:56 »

if our goals conceded keeps this up I'll be delighted
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 10:07:32 »

It's an odd one isn't it, the defence looks shaky but we've barely conceded a goal since Harrogate. Either they're better than they look or we've been getting very lucky.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 10:11:38 »

Or we have a better goalkeeper & the opposing forwards are poorer!

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 10:14:31 »

It's an odd one isn't it, the defence looks shaky but we've barely conceded a goal since Harrogate. Either they're better than they look or we've been getting very lucky.

As I said above I think they are better defenders but worse footballers
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 10:15:17 »

Weirdly, we’re only 3 points worse off than at this stage - 7 games - last season. Bearing in mind 3 of those points last season was v Scunthorpe.

Both Mansfield and BRovers were worse off than us now. But, of course, we don’t know if those 2 were actually playing alright but just not getting the results..

Don’t get fixated on results - it’s about performance at this early stage. And ours are shite.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 10:15:25 »

Interesting that. Luck by its very nature is a game of chance to some degree or other. Another three games conceding on the level we have so far then I’d say it can’t be luck.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: