Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon Pre Match & Match Day Thread  (Read 33966 times)
DMC

« Reply #510 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 21:20:16 »

and then not making any other subs. 10 men absolutely knackered and makes 2 subs? In regards to full backs i really felt for them at times today. The new lad making his league debut put in a back 3 after 10 mins, Shade played in a back 3 at 1 point then rb then central ten ended up in a position he played superbly in last season and suprise suprise looked a different player.At one point we had a free kick and Wakeling was wide right and Khan was up top

Madness
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 21:24:24 »

and then not making any other subs. 10 men absolutely knackered and makes 2 subs? In regards to full backs i really felt for them at times today. The new lad making his league debut put in a back 3 after 10 mins, Shade played in a back 3 at 1 point then rb then central ten ended up in a position he played superbly in last season and suprise suprise looked a different player.At one point we had a free kick and Wakeling was wide right and Khan was up top

Madness

The players genuinely don’t have a clue where to be in this “system”, do they? awful and painful to watch.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 21:27:20 »

I posted earlier that I don’t think Lindsey has he balls to either drop or even sub a senior player from last season.

Got to the stage now where I reckon the players take no notice of him.

He’s way out of his depth.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 21:34:38 »

I posted earlier that I don’t think Lindsey has he balls to either drop or even sub a senior player from last season.

Got to the stage now where I reckon the players take no notice of him.

He’s way out of his depth.

100%. No way these players trust/believe in him.

Scenes at the end today tell you how bad things are and how toxic things are. Only gonna get a whole lot worse if it continues like this.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 21:43:44 »

Doesn't sound great; with so many normally level headed and balanced posters in despair.
In an ironic twist Harry came on for Hibs today; who were also weirdly enough up against a team who were down to 10 men after 10 minutes. Only they won the game.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 22:17:29 »

100%. No way these players trust/believe in him.

Scenes at the end today tell you how bad things are and how toxic things are. Only gonna get a whole lot worse if it continues like this.
What happened at the end?

Seen a few Luke Williams comparisons, he was close to coming here wasn't he with that Brighton matey? Any way, Williams' Notts County are currently undefeated in the Conference, only they've won 4 from 7

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 22:46:31 »

Heard the interview earlier but just watched the interview with Hawes after the game. It’s the most awkward thing I have seen in longtime. Lindsey either can’t or won’t look at the interviewer will he? Spent the whole time looking at the floor or around the stadium, I get some people are less comfortable with the media than others but at least have the courtesy to look at the interviewer. He looks as much out of place off the pitch as he does on it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 23:00:58 »

It's bizarre yo say the least. Media work is a big part of the job so if you're not comfortable doing it why take the job. To me it looks like he's really down which is sad to see but if being a manager is going to be too much maybe ask to step down and get a role coaching again which he obviously enjoys and comes with no stress.

So, give no fucks
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 05:37:16 »

It's bizarre yo say the least. Media work is a big part of the job so if you're not comfortable doing it why take the job. To me it looks like he's really down which is sad to see but if being a manager is going to be too much maybe ask to step down and get a role coaching again which he obviously enjoys and comes with no stress.

Totally agree don’t wish anyone to have mental health issues over it.  Read his bio on Wikipedia as a refresher and two things strike me one is how little experience he really has and the second was the personal tragedies he has gone through.  So my hope is either he turns this round fast or that the club give him plenty of pathways to just going back to being a coach under the tutelage of someone new with more experience. 

I cannot see Sandro allowing this to carry on for long as his reputation is also on the line.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 06:45:17 »

Fucking dross. Spineless performance once again. Weak mentality. No game plan, nothing. Game was gifted to us on a plate today, ref done us a massive favour 10 mins and we still couldn’t trouble a side with 10 men for 80 mins. If anything, they come closest by hitting the post.

Angus McDonald absolute pony today, passed ball to gillingham attackers whilst under no pressure way too many times.
No idea what shade was doing again.

Classic Lindsey taking Wakeling and Khan off and leaving Shade (who actually had 1 or 2 good efforts at end) amongst others on pitch. Bottle job management not going for the win. Was like we played for the draw and it was us with 10 men. Boring to watch, no style, no identity, players not sure on roles. Highlight of game had to be FBT in the 80th min screaming get in the fucking box to his attacking team mates.

No positives from today, unless you wanna say we didn’t lose the game and are 1 more draw away from a second win as 6 draws= 2 wins? 💦😂

10 games in now? He’s not up to it, clearly. Squads good enough. Fans loud and clear at end chanting Lindsey out and telling players to fuck off - good on them. Two expensive and underwhelming weekends wasted.

Post of the thread.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 06:46:31 »

This has gotta be the weirdest take of the day. Opinions and arseholes, sound. Sounds like something Sheridan woulda spouted out mind you.

Louis Reed, promotion to the championship season before, carried our midfield last season and look lost when he didn’t play, started this season rough, getting back to his old self. But he’s now useless. Bad patch of form for fuck sake. Rolls Royce of a midfielder at this level. Reed was absolutely fine today. Sprayed ball well, not his fault the full backs/wingers or whatever Lindsey calls them were useless.

Lindsey’s useless. Not Reed.

I think some people don’t watch the game.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 06:49:00 »

Madness

Credit to the Gillingham Manager mind for the substitutions he was using and the time introduced.
He maintained the energy and tempo using up the full quota.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 06:50:32 »

if we were getting dicked every week after just 7 games I’d be saying Lindsey out… 6 games unbeaten - if we had converted just 2 games into wins we’d be in the play-offs… and I’ve no doubt there’d still be some of you complaining
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 06:57:28 »

if we were getting dicked every week after just 7 games I’d be saying Lindsey out… 6 games unbeaten - if we had converted just 2 games into wins we’d be in the play-offs… and I’ve no doubt there’d still be some of you complaining

Two games against 10 men, dropped points.
It doesn’t look right on the pitch, create very little and with 3 points for a win just falling behind a pack that are winning games.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 06:57:39 »

There’s 2 ways of looking at teams that draw a lot of games.

1. Unlucky not to win more of them

2. Lucky not to lose more of them.

We got lucky with Salford and Orient at home and Carlisle away

We were too poor to take advantage at Stockport and Gillingham.

The less said about Harrogate the better.

Sorry, but there’s virtually nothing amongst these first 7 games to think things will improve hugely.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: