Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon Pre Match & Match Day Thread  (Read 34228 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 19:46:18 »

I still don’t see what Day and Gunning bring to the table, just come across as a pair of louts!
DMC

« Reply #496 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 19:52:03 »

I still don’t see what Day and Gunning bring to the table, just come across as a pair of louts!
Yeah far too many involved. That was what actually set my alarm bells ringing regarding Lindsay as he should be telling them to shut the fuck up
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 19:55:37 »

Reed can’t do shit other than pass it 3 yards sideways. He adds nothing to this team.

Clearly missed some of his passes today?
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 20:03:47 »

Interview with Lindsey was very bad. Seems a bit overwhelmed with the responsibility of being in charge. A very poor communicator. I would have thought that Clem will be thinking his appointment was a mistake.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 20:04:36 »

Clearly missed some of his passes today?

All those passes which created and led to absolutely fuck all - as per usual.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 20:11:20 »

From what I’ve seen this season, and I assume it was the same today - reeds issue is he has nowhere near the options in front of him as last year

Full backs are far more nervous, midfield is much more static, center backs are much more uncomfortable on the ball, centre forward doesn’t drop deep

So whereas last year the team (when playing well) worked with much more fluidity, giving reed more time and space and ability to manipulate the opposition with his ‘three yard passes’ - this year it just adds to the stodge

Things get better but they never get good
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 20:13:34 »

We play like we read about garners tactics in a book, and just understood it to mean ‘pass the ball’. When I’ve seen us this year it’s been like watching a pinball line up - very rigid and inflexible

Things get better but they never get good
adje

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 20:14:06 »

Not condoning the performance by any means but I wonder if Salford fans were as apoplectic when they couldn't beat our ten men.To be fair,we should have won. Point blank header from Blake-Tracey and an incredible miss by Jephcott from 1 yard plus their keeper made a couple of decent saves but generally the team does lack impetus and Lindsey doesn't instil confidence but I'm willing to give it a while for new signings to bed in. I know one thing I'd rather be in our shoes than Gillingham's, I think they're nailed on relegation candidates
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 20:17:19 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 20:27:01 »

All those passes which created and led to absolutely fuck all - as per usual.

Can’t point the finger at Reed when he hit the wing backs to feet in acres of space.
A lot that was wrong today was when the ball was played out wide.
Reed is missing both Conroy and Payne without doubt but I am more concerned with what we are doing in the oppositions half.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 20:35:16 »

Can’t point the finger at Reed when he hit the wing backs to feet in acres of space.
A lot that was wrong today was when the ball was played out wide.
Reed is missing both Conroy and Payne without doubt but I am more concerned with what we are doing in the oppositions half.

I disagree with the first part, we can point the finger at Reed. He should not get a free pass in all of this.
However, I agree he is not the main issue or the worst player we have.

My opinion on him is clear and if it differs from other people opinions that is fine - however, he should not be above criticism for his poor performances.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 20:59:23 »

Fucking dross. Spineless performance once again. Weak mentality. No game plan, nothing. Game was gifted to us on a plate today, ref done us a massive favour 10 mins and we still couldn’t trouble a side with 10 men for 80 mins. If anything, they come closest by hitting the post.

Angus McDonald absolute pony today, passed ball to gillingham attackers whilst under no pressure way too many times.
No idea what shade was doing again.

Classic Lindsey taking Wakeling and Khan off and leaving Shade (who actually had 1 or 2 good efforts at end) amongst others on pitch. Bottle job management not going for the win. Was like we played for the draw and it was us with 10 men. Boring to watch, no style, no identity, players not sure on roles. Highlight of game had to be FBT in the 80th min screaming get in the fucking box to his attacking team mates.

No positives from today, unless you wanna say we didn’t lose the game and are 1 more draw away from a second win as 6 draws= 2 wins? 💦😂

10 games in now? He’s not up to it, clearly. Squads good enough. Fans loud and clear at end chanting Lindsey out and telling players to fuck off - good on them. Two expensive and underwhelming weekends wasted.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 21:02:26 »

I guess it’s not been clarified one way or the other but seen as Wakeling went off not long after a bang to the head - I assume they are related
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 21:03:41 »

Reed can’t do shit other than pass it 3 yards sideways. He adds nothing to this team.

This has gotta be the weirdest take of the day. Opinions and arseholes, sound. Sounds like something Sheridan woulda spouted out mind you.

Louis Reed, promotion to the championship season before, carried our midfield last season and look lost when he didn’t play, started this season rough, getting back to his old self. But he’s now useless. Bad patch of form for fuck sake. Rolls Royce of a midfielder at this level. Reed was absolutely fine today. Sprayed ball well, not his fault the full backs/wingers or whatever Lindsey calls them were useless.

Lindsey’s useless. Not Reed.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 21:04:15 »

I guess it’s not been clarified one way or the other but seen as Wakeling went off not long after a bang to the head - I assume they are related

Didn’t realise. Still, Ridiculous subbing Khan.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 21:18:49 »

Can't remember watching a Town side with less of a clear plan of how to supply the strikers (and this goes back to game 1 with Adeloye up front).

Big big week for the coaching staff on the training ground to show if they are semi-competent.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: