Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon Pre Match & Match Day Thread  (Read 33939 times)
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 18:04:33 »

would a return to attendances of 5-6k affect the finances that much?
Yes of course it would by about £1.5m per season, lots of variables there of course, but would be a shit load of cash.
DMC

« Reply #451 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 18:10:15 »

Don’t think a better manager would have this team as high as the play offs
A better manager *might* have recruited better in the summer though.
You dont think we would have 4 points more than we have now. You honestly don't believe for one minute that we don't beat Stockport or Gillls with a better manager
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 18:15:57 »

as i understand it, the owner has to keep on eye on the spending and finances to make sure that we live within our means and survive. it looks like this might mean hanging around in league 2 for quite a while but isn't having a club the main thing.  If the books are balanced and a few quid can be made from player sales and property deals, every one must be happy.
As someone who watches 40+ games a season and is an accountant I think that's total copoutery bollox.
Last season was a firefight, we over performed without doubt but we paid off a shit load of debt and had higher turnover than expected due to the gates/playoffs/cup run.

This season we chose to hire the cheapest manager who was a massive gamble and it hasn't worked.   Paying a proper manager an extra £20k per annum would not have broken the bank.

Penny pinching doesn't work in any service industry, yes be sensible but dont limit your decision making though cost control over everything else.  
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 18:18:41 »

As much as I'm sure he is cheap, I don't think cheapness was the primary motivation for hiring Lindsay - it was that he would work with the transfer model we're aiming for and 'bought in' to it - Sandro said on the radio that managers had been discounted for not doing it.
DMC

« Reply #454 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 18:18:53 »

As someone who watches 40+ games a season and is an accountant I think that's total copoutery bollox.
Last season was a firefight, we over performed without doubt but we paid off a shit load of debt and had higher turnover than expected due to the gates/playoffs/cup run.

This season we chose to hire the cheapest manager who was a massive gamble and it hasn't worked.   Paying a proper manager an extra £20k per annum would not have broken the bank.

Penny pinching doesn't work in any service industry, yes be sensible but dont limit your decision making though cost control over everything else.  

I don't think that is what they are thinking, they want to get out of the league. I think it's simply what Rob T said, they made a mistake, simple as that
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 18:19:40 »

thats great as I also go to around 40 per season
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 18:30:09 »

thats great as I also go to around 40 per season

You probably work for the club haha
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 18:32:18 »

Good day out. Got the step count up

Normally a point & clean sheet away would be ok.

The setup v 11 was fine.
Against 10 the tactical approach was piss poor & it didn't change bar some minor tweaks.

That kind of patient, play the percentages game stank the place out.

Calls for Lindsay to go at the end. Premature to my mind.
He'll need to nip it in the bud & deliver on the fast, aggressive attacking football otherwise the Lindsay out bandwagon will gather momentum.

Hate the in game casual abuse of players.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 18:39:19 »

Quote from: Wobbly Bob
Hate the in game casual abuse of players.

I don't get individual abuse.

Have to hold my hands up to booing in the past, and probably future!

Not yet though.. it's 7 games.

_----------------
is it possible the club see the promotion building as a 2 year project, this setting the foundations for next?

we have dished out a few 2 year contracts.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 18:42:58 »

I can live with a 2 year project.

Many will not be able to & that would be understandable.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 18:45:00 »

2 year project...utter bullshit...please lets stop the excuses...
DMC

« Reply #461 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 18:47:14 »

I agree, it doesn't help the club saying it either as their objective is promotion.It just becomes a stick to hit the club with when it's not what they have said
DMC

« Reply #462 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 18:52:19 »

What worries me more is what does he do when Ellis is fit and returns. He will shoe horn him in somehow but seems reluctant to split Williams and Gladwin up so no doubt soon we are going to see a big shift in style and formation again
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 19:00:24 »

Agreed, the priority in L2 should always be to get out of it as soon as possible. A ‘2 year project’ to get out of this division would be pathetic and if that is the clubs view then they are going to see income rapidly nose dive as a lot of fans rightly won’t stomach it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 19:03:29 »

I include last season as the first year so this season needs to be promotion.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: