Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon Pre Match & Match Day Thread  (Read 33910 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 17:28:44 »

as i understand it, the owner has to keep on eye on the spending and finances to make sure that we live within our means and survive. it looks like this might mean hanging around in league 2 for quite a while but isn't having a club the main thing.  If the books are balanced and a few quid can be made from player sales and property deals, every one must be happy.

…everyone apart from the fans, who are the main customers.

Like if our goal is to just sit tight in L2 and make a few quid we might as just fold the football club and be done with it for life.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 17:28:55 »

Gillingham forum saying our fans booed the players at full time.

Audible boos, and Lindsey out chanting.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 17:30:02 »

Audible boos, and Lindsey out chanting.

Cheers😀

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 17:35:09 »

Absolute dickheads at the end abusing the players "fuck off MacDonald you cunt and take that armband off" one of the more repeatable ones. Yeah,it's the centre half's fault we didn't win. Absolute half wits. I understand frustration but how is that sort of thing gonna help?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 17:36:50 »

That SL interview is terrible.  As a manager/coach it’s pretty fundamental that you have some basic communication skills.  Either that or the interviewer mislead him and told him the camera was over his shoulder or on the interviewers shoe.

Very very worrying as that’s not the body language of a leader.  He will not command any respect if he cannot hold eye contact during difficult conversations.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 17:38:20 »

One positive. At least we have two half decent full backs now. New lad showed promise for me

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 17:38:35 »

@doomster, I've just seen the interview and you are spot on, it's exactly what I thought and was about to say. His body language is how the players play, lost and desperately looking to find the right path without proper leadership.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 17:40:55 »

That SL interview is terrible.  As a manager/coach it’s pretty fundamental that you have some basic communication skills.  Either that or the interviewer mislead him and told him the camera was over his shoulder or on the interviewers shoe.

Very very worrying as that’s not the body language of a leader.  He will not command any respect if he cannot hold eye contact during difficult conversations.

He sounded clueless!!
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 17:44:26 »

On paper we have a decent squad but after watching todays game it’s pretty evident that Lindsay has no tactical nous.
Boring sideways football with no end product.  I don’t blame the players for the way they’ve been told to play and they certainly don’t deserve being booed.  There was plenty of effort but no real real game plan or direction.
Have a feeling if Lindsay goes we’ll end up with the No2 being his replacement
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 17:46:40 »

He sounded clueless!!
There’s a reason for that - he is.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 17:47:24 »

Yes Frigby,I was just across from him. What a miserable man,I too wonder why he bothers

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 17:49:41 »

There were some mindless idiots in there today. The aging bald headed chap in the grey t shirt on the aisle gets a special mention. Abusing the “Tottenham div” and “Welsh c***” even in the first half. He looked positively disappointed when someone did something positive (limited, admittedly) because it denied him the chance to abuse someone. My 7 year olds comment was “why does he bother coming?”. And he had a point.

Lots wrong with the management, but it’s not right to abuse them, and certainly not right to abuse the players.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 17:55:44 »

Quote from: OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR
Does anyone from the "give him 10 games" gang really, seriously,  genuinely believe SL is going to turn this round??

Nope.

But I also think it's too early to make the change.

I know it is contradictory and makes no sense.

You have to let this transfer window latest editions give him a chance. I think Christmas or just before at the earliest.

yet, as I said, I have no confidence.

I guess it ultimately depends what the club defines as success is this season. Gate receipts will as pressure but maybe a break even season with survival is the brief.

it's probably  going to take years to get this club moving up. This is the start.

I still maintain this should be being done in league 1
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 17:57:38 »

Quote from: Steak supper
as i understand it, the owner has to keep on eye on the spending and finances to make sure that we live within our means and survive. it looks like this might mean hanging around in league 2 for quite a while but isn't having a club the main thing.  If the books are balanced and a few quid can be made from player sales and property deals, every one must be happy.

not sure if this is serious or not.

if we are genuinely expected to hang around l2 for a long time, then Clem needs to get external investment or sell. It will be death by apathy
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 17:58:12 »

We were moving forward last season now we're stagnating, how long before we move backwards!

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: