Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon Pre Match & Match Day Thread  (Read 34252 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 15:42:31 »

Goals win games!

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #346 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 15:43:06 »

If only we took some chances in and arund the box rather than just passing the ball to keep possession.

30+ times we beat our man and then pulled the ball back and then it was passed 3 times sideways.....rinse and repeat. Just have a fucking shot like Shade tried to.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 15:43:17 »

Time for a chance, 90 of the last 180 spent playing against 10 men and we have created nothing with an aggregate score of 0-1. At the very least Lindsey needs help by bringing in an experienced number 2 or moving on altogether. It’s not just the score it’s the pedestrian nature of our performances and how lost the players look.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 15:44:23 »

That is enough for me to show that my early fears are correct.  We have enough talent in this squad to be doing much better than this, this says to me that the coaching team do not have enough about them to get the best out of this group.

Time to make a change Mr Morfuni, the experiment hasn't worked.

I agree.  Players are not bad just look uninspired and at the end of a game like this just defeated.  Not sure if manager just insists that they don’t play creatively and fast when have the advantage and just stresses possession above all else ?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 15:45:52 »

We've drawn 5 games out of 7 more than any other team in league 2

So, give no fucks
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 15:46:09 »

Hang on, let's not let the players off the hook here.

It shouldn't matter who the manager is. We are playing against 10 men for 80+ minutes.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 15:46:57 »

We have the players,

Lindsay is just jot good enough to get the best out of them....

Mid table is all I can see for this season
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 15:48:19 »

Unacceptable.

Pretty pissed off.

Poor management and nobody on the pitch stepped up.

Shite.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 15:48:24 »

That useless cunt should resign tonight. Fucking woeful. Pricks in charge, learn that he hasn't got it
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 15:48:31 »

For me at the moment the problem is squarely a coaching one. There is no real pattern of play and there is a lack of dynamism in the forward areas despite having picked most of our creative players. Williams is better breaking late, not as a front 3. Jury out on Shade there as well. Wakeling has done well so far. But that three compared to Barry/Mckirdy/Davison of last season is so far short of whats needed.

This is it for me.  Even if the results aren't there yet, it's a worry that we can't yet discern a plan from the stands.  And neither does the manager seem to be able to articulate one.  Of the games I've seen this season, Stockport was better than Carlisle.  The midfield held together at least and competed.  But even then, I couldn't work out a formation - let alone a game plan.

Really want Lindsey to succeed.  But I'd like to know what it is we all need to get behind.  What's the vision?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 15:49:51 »

Well, that was bad.  I know people will disagree with my next statement, but I don't really care.

We have only been the better side and worthy of a win in one game, against the worst team in the division.  So what if we have been a little bit better each time - the starting point was fucking hopeless and we have shown no ability to create.

I really don't know if this is a management problem, but I think we have recruited really badly this summer, despite everyone getting excited by deadline day deals.  

We have utterly negated the point of having Reed in your team.  The way we play means he only brings negatives to the game now.  A good player for how we set-up last season, no point whatsoever in this team.  Very little upfront - I know it was Jephcott's first game, so will cut him some slack and accept his reputation, but Wakeling is not a lone striker and Jephcott, on that showing, does not look like the type of player we have been missing.

Shade, Hutton, MacDonald, several others - bring nothing to the table for having a go at promotion this season as far as I can see.  A couple of our signings may turn out OK in the long run, but our club should be looking to put together a team that can get out of this fucking division.

Williams/Gladwin - it doesn't work having both of them.  Spend far too much time on the periphery of the game.

There is no drive, no pace, no presence, just a lot of players who can pass the ball 10 yards between each other.  We won't be in danger this season, not by a long shot, but we also don't look like we be a dangerous team this year.  Mid table mediocrity - and frankly that is simply not good enough.  I don't care who wants to take the blame, I doubt they will anyway.  Manager, recruitment guru, coaches, players, anyone.  None of it has been good enough thus far.

And breathe.

On the plus side, we have somehow only lost one game.  It can all be fixed, I think.
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 15:50:28 »

Lindsey always felt like the cheap appointment (more of caretaker mould you’d deploy mid season after a manager is fired).  

We need to get a change and move him aside as a matter of urgency.  Truly awful start to the season whilst we all want to be patient you cannot escape the inability for us to adapt and have a plan b.  He has two home league games to get four or more points (can’t see it though)

Even this early I think a change is needed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 15:50:31 »

Quote from: Berniman

Time to make a change Mr Morfuni, the experiment hasn't worked.

it's too early for me, but I'm not sure what I expect to change

there are some very (generally) balanced people out there with a similar view.

the next 3 are crucial
Whingy the poo

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 15:50:51 »

That useless cunt should resign tonight. Fucking woeful. Pricks in charge, learn that he hasn't got it

He won't go and won't be sacked.
Not just after the transfer window has shut, we will have to put up with this for a while yet.  Crying
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 15:53:48 »

Does anyone think Lindsey can turn this around?

Time to get Big Dunc’ on the phone…
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: