Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stockport County v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 18792 times)
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Sunday, August 28, 2022, 13:39:12 »

I did suggest Brennan but got knocked back😀
With him it's a case of dunno as not played much, but what we have seen hasn't exactly oozed class even when playing in his preferred position.  

Not sure we should be making do anyway, just get in a fucking right back like they should have done in the first place.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 28, 2022, 13:41:13 by Pookemon » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, August 28, 2022, 13:47:32 »

The thing with Brennan he probably hasn't come here to sit on the bench when fully fit so it will be interesting to see he if he starts many games. I would have offered better deals to Odimayo & Hunt at least you knew what you were getting.

So, give no fucks
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Sunday, August 28, 2022, 13:49:36 »

With him it's a case of dunno as not played much, but what we have seen hasn't exactly oozed class even when playing in his preferred position.  

Not sure we should be making do anyway, just get in a fucking right back like they should have done in the first place.

The issue of recruiting for 3/5 at the back and then realising we play better football as a 4. Still may be worth giving Brennan a go. Was noticeable yesterday that in possession the full backs tucked in and Williams and Shade dropped back to create a triangle. Worked quite well to be fair and could see why Darcy was there when in possession. When having to defend though he looked all at sea which isn't too surprising.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Sunday, August 28, 2022, 14:02:13 »

I think it’s a bit early to completely right off all our right backs.
Sure, it’s not been great so far. Still possible it gets no better but still a chance it might.
It’s still early on the season.

Agreed our recruitment was obviously too heavily focused on CBs & WBs for 352
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Sunday, August 28, 2022, 14:06:04 »

I think it’s a bit early to completely right off all our right backs.
Not writing them off as we never actually recruited any.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Sunday, August 28, 2022, 14:10:11 »

Not writing them off as we never actually recruited any.

Hutton played full back last season at Barrow didn’t he?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Sunday, August 28, 2022, 14:17:35 »

Need a competent right back and a Centre Forward that can be bothered to close down.
Hoping we see some activity this week to at least give us all some much needed optimism.

I saw enough yesterday to convince me that we can improve.
Was expecting a lot more from Stockport but we bossed large parts of that game.

However the Stockport vocal support was magnificent all game, except they had a tinpot drum.
Good club and fans.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Sunday, August 28, 2022, 14:44:22 »

Hutton, Shade, Darcy and when back in contention Iandolo and Brennan as possibilities for right back?

None of them frankly - bar possibly Brennan, whom it would be unfair to dismiss quite yet based on his minimal game time.

Even if our first impressions of Brennan turned out to be wrong, we'd still need respectable cover for a right back in a 4.  A first choice right back would be my priority this week.

Having abandoned, for now, a 3.5.2, we appear to have over-recruited RWBs.  Regardless of quality debates, this seems expensive at this juncture.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Sunday, August 28, 2022, 14:53:42 »

Need a competent right back and a Centre Forward that can be bothered to close down.
Hoping we see some activity this week to at least give us all some much needed optimism.

I saw enough yesterday to convince me that we can improve.
Was expecting a lot more from Stockport but we bossed large parts of that game.

However the Stockport vocal support was magnificent all game, except they had a tinpot drum.
Good club and fans.

Any trouble after Duke as reports a few Swindon were assaulted going back to their car.

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, August 28, 2022, 14:59:19 »

Hutton played full back last season at Barrow didn’t he?

Yes

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Sunday, August 28, 2022, 15:03:33 »

Hutton, Shade, Darcy and when back in contention Iandolo and Brennan as possibilities for right back?

None of them frankly - bar possibly Brennan, whom it would be unfair to dismiss quite yet based on his minimal game time.

Even if our first impressions of Brennan turned out to be wrong, we'd still need respectable cover for a right back in a 4.  A first choice right back would be my priority this week.

Having abandoned, for now, a 3.5.2, we appear to have over-recruited RWBs.  Regardless of quality debates, this seems expensive at this juncture.

I initially read that as Royal Wotton Bassetts 🤣
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Sunday, August 28, 2022, 16:13:40 »

Any trouble after Duke as reports a few Swindon were assaulted going back to their car.

Didn’t see any whatsoever and drank in their home pub prior to moving on.
Never had an issue however they moved a few Swindon fans on who came in with colours.
The designated away end had a few Stockport mixed in and all good behaviour.

Been the Stockport away a fair few times and have to say always find their fans decent.
Would go so far to say we have similarities.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Sunday, August 28, 2022, 16:20:40 »

Didn’t see any whatsoever and drank in their home pub prior to moving on.
Never had an issue however they moved a few Swindon fans on who came in with colours.
The designated away end had a few Stockport mixed in and all good behaviour.

Been the Stockport away a fair few times and have to say always find their fans decent.
Would go so far to say we have similarities.

Good to hear as we don't want to go back to the hooligan days we all remember. The thing with social media is you don't get the full story and whether a few of ours were Leary or not.

So, give no fucks
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2022, 13:36:35 »

Surely we can get a passable right back out of Shade, Hutton & Brennan

<B&W filum Dr Frankenstein mode ON> It's ALIVE mwah ha haaaaaa!<<B&W filum Dr Frankenstein mode OFF>
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2022, 15:18:27 »

Little late, but went to this, thought it was a decent enough performance and probably one of our better ones this season untill the sending off.

Khan brilliant again, getting quite a few MOTM votes from me, Brynn, FBT, Williams, Clayton, Gladwin all solid. Reed and McDonald much better also.

Folded like a cheap suit after that red card. Spineless weasel like performance in the last 20. Completely deserved to only come away with a point. Standard BS long ball into box goal to concede.

Adeloye hopeless. Need attackers sharpish. Darcy got destroyed down that right side the entire game. Lindsey’s response was to bring a right back on to play at right wing. Bizarre. Shade needs to step it up. Need an out and out right back.

Roll on Saturday. Need to start winning games sharpish.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: