Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stockport County v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 18797 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 16:44:43 »

Happy with that. Good point.
Encouraging whole is greater than than the sum of its parts type performance that bodes well for the season.

No doubt the equaliser will be analysed in depth which is fair enough.

The result was vehemently disagreed with by the usual small but vocal minority.
I remember my first away game as well, can't win em all 3 or 4 nil.

One defeat in 6. It's absolute shite isn't it.

Fair point, but it depends on your expectations. For those that expected us to be as good/better than last year, the evidence isn’t there *yet* and that creates worry, when you consider how the club came to select the manager.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 16:47:18 »

Today's attendances

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/fixtures/_/date/2021000826

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 16:49:04 »

Rochdale 273 with 113 away fans  Huh? Huh?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 16:54:49 »

Surely a digit missing there.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 16:56:29 »

Rochdale 273 with 113 away fans  Huh? Huh?

Imagine it's a 2 missing😀

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 16:58:22 »

Att: 8,233 no away figure given yet.

701 the stockport commentary team said it was

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 17:12:38 »

Thought we controlled the game well today but we are definitely lacking a right back and striker.  For me Darcy is wasted in the RB position but with the midfield we have I don’t know how we can accommodate him.
The Defence is definitely a work in progress but has the makings to be a good set up if we can find the right player. Today called out for a Rob Hunt type RB.

Not sure about Shade but it’s not helped that Lindsay doesn’t play to his strengths. Not sure if Adeloye is lazy or whether Lindsay tells him to play like that but I just can’t see how he’s going to fit in at STFC if Lindsay utilises him the way he did today.

Disappointed not to get all 3 points but we are a work in progress and I think we will improve as the season goes on it just might be too late to push for a promotion spot.

We were spoilt last season and we are going to have the season we should have had last season
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 17:27:35 »

Imagine it's a 2 missing😀

275?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 17:27:58 »

Thought we controlled the game well today but we are definitely lacking a right back and striker.  For me Darcy is wasted in the RB position but with the midfield we have I don’t know how we can accommodate him.
The Defence is definitely a work in progress but has the makings to be a good set up if we can find the right player. Today called out for a Rob Hunt type RB.

Not sure about Shade but it’s not helped that Lindsay doesn’t play to his strengths. Not sure if Adeloye is lazy or whether Lindsay tells him to play like that but I just can’t see how he’s going to fit in at STFC if Lindsay utilises him the way he did today.

Disappointed not to get all 3 points but we are a work in progress and I think we will improve as the season goes on it just might be too late to push for a promotion spot.

We were spoilt last season and we are going to have the season we should have had last season

Decent post and agree.
On train back home and feels like a loss.
A decent striker and right back and we are in with a shout. In control today against a very average fancied side. Never picked up the flick on and got punished.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 17:28:34 »

Maybe that's the difference between a Wellens & Garner who know how to organise teams and get the best out of players

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 18:04:27 »

Maybe that's the difference between a Wellens & Garner who know how to organise teams and get the best out of players

Garner was fucking crap at game management and the dark arts.
We threw away a lead to a team with 9 men last season ffs

Same thing happened today to a lesser extent (they had 10 men)

So let’s not change the narrative to fit in with everyone’s negative opinion of Lindsey.

Is failing to see out the last 10 minutes of a game with a man advantage shit? Yes absolutely. Is it any shitter than when Garner did the same thing last season - several times, nope
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 18:10:28 »

…and of course we might have had enough win the game if McKirdy wasn’t a childish prick
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 18:32:44 »

Garner was fucking crap at game management and the dark arts.
We threw away a lead to a team with 9 men last season ffs

Same thing happened today to a lesser extent (they had 10 men)

So let’s not change the narrative to fit in with everyone’s negative opinion of Lindsey.

Is failing to see out the last 10 minutes of a game with a man advantage shit? Yes absolutely. Is it any shitter than when Garner did the same thing last season - several times, nope

I haven't been convinced he's the right man for the job from day one  that's my opinion but happy to eat humble pie later on If he proves me wrong. Neither convinced of most of the signings no matter what analysis they have on them.

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 18:36:23 »

Garner could set up a team midweek and had a clear game plan, but he wasn't one for changing a game in play. Lindsay has generally done a bit better on that side, it's just the team tends to start without much of an obvious plan.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 18:38:58 »

I haven't been convinced he's the right man for the job from day one  that's my opinion but happy to eat humble pie later on If he proves me wrong. Neither convinced of most of the signings no matter what analysis they have on them.

You’re thoughts and opinions on Lindsey are fair enough and I have no issue with that.

Not a fan of the fact that Garner seems to have gone up on everyone’s estimations. As I said throwing away a lead with a man advantage and less than 10 on the clock is shit but the same would have happened (and did) with Garner and last seasons squad.

It’s definitely not a Lindsey specific thing that happened today.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: