Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stockport County v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 18929 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 15:44:45 »

Two poor teams out there today.

When they went down to 10 men, nothing changed in the flow of the game.

Adeloye - decision made, he's awful.  He had one good pass to put Hutton through but then stood still and admired it.  Hutton has his shot saved and Adeloye is about 18 yards from goal still stood there watching.  He has no instinct for football - I think we haven't been able to judge him because of that problem.  He just doesn't get into the game at all, a bystander watching it all go on around him.

Shade, meh.  Certainly not an upgrade on anyone, not even a match for anyone we lost.

MacDonald - he's a bit of an issue for me.  He is not bad, not by any stretch.  He just doesn't have any control over the defence and has terrible moments, like Baudry would have as well (shown up when we were in L1).

Darcy at right back is some sort of sick joke from the Management team.  I simply cannot believe a professional football club would persist.  he has no idea where to be or how to defend in a back line.  I feel really sorry for him because he is a bright spark on the ball, as shown from his involvement in the goal, when he got into the middle of the pitch just outside there box.  Precisely where he should be as a player.

Left back is OK, solid, but you'd take Tomlinson over him every day of the week.  He was also at fault for the goal but scored, so it balances itself I guess.  He is a Rob Hunt type of player, reliable to an extent, good squad player.

Clayton - seems a good player, would still like to see him play just on front of the back four.

Wakeling - a positive, but had to do all the running himself today.

Williams - I'm going to get some feedback on this!  Lovely flashes on the ball, finds space so well, delivers next to nothing most of the time.  I am not sure if that is the players around him or not, but for all his talent, what do we create?

Gladwin - again, nice touches when he gets to drive at goal, no legs to provide any sort of proper defensive solidity.

Reed - playing for the wrong team this season.  Great fit last time out, no real impact on a team that wanders around not giving him options.

Overall, still enough here to improve upon, but the signs are for a season of struggle.  I am not sure we'll take big beatings, but we equally create very little by way of clear chances.  It's all a bit meh - no idea what we are trying to do, which I think sums us up.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 15:44:55 »

Just have to plug away, get Ellis fit, sign a decent forward and hope the rest keep improving.

When do I get the managers job?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 15:47:17 »

You won't have to wait for the managers job very long but the problem is you will be stuck with the Shite Sandro got in😀

So, give no fucks
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 15:49:21 »

Some bizarre decisions.

Darcy at right back is a joke, then brought on Hutton at RW? I’m not convinced by Hutton but surely when a team is sending it long you move him to right back? Also decision to try to soak it up against 10 is stupid anyway, but then try to soak it up without bringing on another centre back when they brought on a big player up top? Again brainless.

Maybe I’m completely wrong because I’m not a professional manager but so many stupid decisions
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 15:49:24 »

Two poor teams out there today.

When they went down to 10 men, nothing changed in the flow of the game.

Adeloye - decision made, he's awful.  He had one good pass to put Hutton through but then stood still and admired it.  Hutton has his shot saved and Adeloye is about 18 yards from goal still stood there watching.  He has no instinct for football - I think we haven't been able to judge him because of that problem.  He just doesn't get into the game at all, a bystander watching it all go on around him.

Shade, meh.  Certainly not an upgrade on anyone, not even a match for anyone we lost.

MacDonald - he's a bit of an issue for me.  He is not bad, not by any stretch.  He just doesn't have any control over the defence and has terrible moments, like Baudry would have as well (shown up when we were in L1).

Darcy at right back is some sort of sick joke from the Management team.  I simply cannot believe a professional football club would persist.  he has no idea where to be or how to defend in a back line.  I feel really sorry for him because he is a bright spark on the ball, as shown from his involvement in the goal, when he got into the middle of the pitch just outside there box.  Precisely where he should be as a player.

Left back is OK, solid, but you'd take Tomlinson over him every day of the week.  He was also at fault for the goal but scored, so it balances itself I guess.  He is a Rob Hunt type of player, reliable to an extent, good squad player.

Clayton - seems a good player, would still like to see him play just on front of the back four.

Wakeling - a positive, but had to do all the running himself today.

Williams - I'm going to get some feedback on this!  Lovely flashes on the ball, finds space so well, delivers next to nothing most of the time.  I am not sure if that is the players around him or not, but for all his talent, what do we create?

Gladwin - again, nice touches when he gets to drive at goal, no legs to provide any sort of proper defensive solidity.

Reed - playing for the wrong team this season.  Great fit last time out, no real impact on a team that wanders around not giving him options.

Overall, still enough here to improve upon, but the signs are for a season of struggle.  I am not sure we'll take big beatings, but we equally create very little by way of clear chances.  It's all a bit meh - no idea what we are trying to do, which I think sums us up.

Thought Darcy did ok last game at right back and was probably fine for a very short term stop gap.
I expect he’d have done ok again today with McKirdy in front of him - as Stockport would probably double up on him.

Bizarre to bring a right back into the XI but leave Darcy at RB
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 15:49:31 »

Overall, still enough here to improve upon, but the signs are for a season of struggle.  I am not sure we'll take big beatings, but we equally create very little by way of clear chances.  It's all a bit meh - no idea what we are trying to do, which I think sums us up.

Tend to agree with most of your individual analysis, but think you're overestimating the quality of the league. At the moment, we're a midtable L2 team. Not threatening to go up, but we're not going to be anywhere near struggling. "Poor" in historic STFC terms sure, but average for the division. All a bit meh, like you say.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 15:49:49 »

2 strikers and a winger  is whats needed at least.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 15:51:01 »

Shame that we couldn’t defend route one. Our goal was a lovely move and fine finish, so annoying when the opposition do not have to work hard for theirs.

Had to make substitutions when we did I think, but cannot say the impact was great. Lindsey must really not fancy Hutton’s RB pedigree. I like Darcy, but not so much at RB. To compare I think every RB last year was better than any we have seen this season. There was nothing particularly exciting on our bench, to bring on once we did concede, though would have brought  Aguiar on as Gladwin seemed spent.

Whatever Adeloye is meant to be good at he has not been able to show it yet.

On the plus side not lost since the opening day. That is the first draw where you feel like we really should have won the game.

Williams had easily his best game this season, ditto Khan and nice to see FBT can finish, who knew. Brynn inspires confidence even when horribly exposed.

Edit much better last 2 games for Reed as well.

It has not been an awful August, just hard to see without additions how this squad gets promoted. We are slightly worse defensively and unlike last season are not scoring enough to make up for our frailties. Hopefully I’m wrong and we are performing well below the sum of our parts, in which case coaches to blame  Hmmm
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 15:53:12 by oxonrobin » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 15:51:23 »

I will say this though.

In 30 years time when someone starts a thread on worst Town players of all time Adeloye will get a few mentions
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 15:51:36 »

It’s already started

Hate to say it but Town gave gone from a relatively middling L1 Club (with flirtations of POs/League titles) to a middling L2 Club.

But we've "...got our club back." after all...haven't we?! Hmmm

Serious question...Does it actually feel like we (the lifelong fan) have got our club back?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 15:51:52 »

Tend to agree with most of your individual analysis, but think you're overestimating the quality of the league. At the moment, we're a midtable L2 team. Not threatening to go up, but we're not going to be anywhere near struggling. "Poor" in historic STFC terms sure, but average for the division. All a bit meh, like you say.

I count mid table as a struggle for us, it will be one of our worst seasons ever as a club if that is where we finish.  Not good enough and gets Managers sacked in our history.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 15:53:27 »

I count mid table as a struggle for us, it will be one of our worst seasons ever as a club if that is where we finish.  Not good enough and gets Managers sacked in our history.

Anything outside top 7 ain’t acceptable
adje

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 15:55:23 »

Shame that we couldn’t defend route one. Our goal was a lovely move and fine finish, so annoying when the opposition do not have to work hard for theirs.

Had to make substitutions when we did I think, but cannot say the impact was great. Lindsey must really not fancy Hutton’s RB pedigree. I like Darcy, but not so much at RB. To compare I think every RB last year was better than any we have seen this season.

I agree. Odimayo would walk into this side

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 15:55:36 »

Adeloye, Hutton and Shade. Haven't seen anything yet from these three.

Great chance for Hutton to score today as well, shame.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 15:56:04 »

Adeloye is that crap forward that gets brought on in the 80th minute by mid table teams. The type that comes on and offers no kind of danger at all.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: