Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Rochdale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20406 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Sunday, August 21, 2022, 19:19:38 »

Gladwin felt like the "main character" yesterday - he was at the centre of almost everything good we did, but also gave the ball away in really dangerous areas at least twice. Would imagine (not seen the stats) that he had more touches than anyone else in our team. He's clearly been made central to the way we play.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Sunday, August 21, 2022, 20:10:50 »

In part, Conroy-esque.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 05:06:07 »

That is either top angling or the most downbeat post of the season so far!🙂

oh come on.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 08:15:46 »

Top angling then. Fair play

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 08:41:56 »

Well another home game missed due to commitments made prior fixture day. Not back til the 1st October...holidays blah blah.

A much welcome win and a relief.....the whole place would of melted down if we had lost that one!

Hope we kick on.

Now read back...

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 09:02:07 »

Good solid win against a side completely devoid of confidence. A gift after 24 seconds gratefully gobbled up and second half could and should have scored more. The second goal also came at a good time as it completely deflated an already fragile Rochdale. We looked a lot more cohesive on Saturday, yes the defence at times at sixes and sevens and that is still a worry but there are signs Lindsey is beginning to know his best team and tactics. Darcy is a good player but is not a Right back. That might work at home when we are dominating teams (hopefully) but I suspect he won't be adopted in that position away. That said, he played very well. Reed much improved, Gladwin a Rolls-Royce of a performance and great energy by Harry and Wakeling up front. Wakeling impresses me every time I see us, never stops running and leads by example. Good goal and assist and a general nuisance.

Defensively still requires work. Angus M looks rusty at times but classy at others and I think Clayton also looks good alongside him. I wonder whether he might go with 4 at home (Mac and Clayton) and 5 away eventually. (Mac, Baudry and Clayton) We certainly have options with the squad depth. Overall not getting carried away as it was only Rochdale but surely that win will have confidence oozing through the side and we can get a result at Stockport next week.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #321 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 09:25:10 »

I may have also been a little harsh on Adeloye. He had very little service as by the time he came on we were in full see this out mode. He won his only header, which seemed to catch everyone else by surprise as nobody anticipated it. Also had a keenly won throw-in, so that’s 2 more touches than I thought first time around!
I have been pondering Tomi Adeloye.

He has played a part in 6 games for us so far, starting at Harrogate and Walsall (I didnt see the game vs Walsall but have the rest) he came off the bench in every league game and he has probably had a total of 5 or 6 touches of the ball in those 5 games I have watched.

I have no idea if he is a good player, a decent striker/target man or even a man who can pass the ball as hes had zero service so far.

I cannot think of any player I have seen in a Town shirt that after 6 games I don't have any idea what sort of player he is yet. Admittedly in 4 games he has been on the pitch for 14, 16, 10 and 7 mins but in that time he hasnt even really got close to the ball yet, certainly not in a meaningful way.

Its quite bizarre.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 09:29:20 »

After reading back a couple things I also noted that I had forgotten about. The pitch seemed either too dry or the grass was too long or something. A lot of balls first half were underhit/held up because of the pitch. Couple of times players seemed to go over on their ankles as they were caught in the pitch. I saw that there have been issues with the head groundsman and the assistant groundsman leaving so hopefully that can be sorted out. If Marcus is taking the piss after the club have taken him back on after his drink-driving offence then he needs to be given his jotters and someone more reliable taken on - obviously this is just hearsay based on some drunken deleted tweets so hopefully it's nothing more sinister at play.

Second thing that made me laugh was when Hawes was going through the scores he mentioned Doncaster had taken the lead and the conversation went something like this:

Hawes: Doncaster have taken the lead at their new stadium. Of course I remember the times before all these new fancy stadiums had been built but of course Doncaster had no choice as their ground had been destroyed in a fire. (I'm paraphrasing here, I can't remember exactly what he said)
Hockaday: Ah yeah they were the good old days
(Dramatic Pause)
Hawes: Not for the people of Doncaster during that time I suspect.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 09:31:57 »

I have been pondering Tomi Adeloye.

He has played a part in 6 games for us so far, starting at Harrogate and Walsall (I didnt see the game vs Walsall but have the rest) he came off the bench in every league game and he has probably had a total of 5 or 6 touches of the ball in those 5 games I have watched.

I have no idea if he is a good player, a decent striker/target man or even a man who can pass the ball as hes had zero service so far.

I cannot think of any player I have seen in a Town shirt that after 6 games I don't have any idea what sort of player he is yet. Admittedly in 4 games he has been on the pitch for 14, 16, 10 and 7 mins but in that time he hasnt even really got close to the ball yet, certainly not in a meaningful way.

Its quite bizarre.

The game at Harrogate he ran around a lot, and hassled their defenders, but had so little service in an attacking sense.

I don’t know if he just doesn’t fit our style very well, or we don’t know how to use him but he’s not really had any sort of impact yet.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #324 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 09:34:24 »

Second thing that made me laugh was when Hawes was going through the scores he mentioned Doncaster had taken the lead and the conversation went something like this:

Hawes: Doncaster have taken the lead at their new stadium. Of course I remember the times before all these new fancy stadiums had been built but of course Doncaster had no choice as their ground had been destroyed in a fire. (I'm paraphrasing here, I can't remember exactly what he said)
Hockaday: Ah yeah they were the good old days
(Dramatic Pause)
Hawes: Not for the people of Doncaster during that time I suspect.
I heard that too and wasn't sure if it was real or a wind up, what a genuinely bizarre conversation that was.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #325 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 09:40:46 »

The game at Harrogate he ran around a lot, and hassled their defenders, but had so little service in an attacking sense.
He did run around a lot but I only remember him winning one tackle in the box and then getting us a corner, that was the sum total of him that day to me.

I don’t know if he just doesn’t fit our style very well, or we don’t know how to use him but he’s not really had any sort of impact yet.
Has he got a "style"? I genuinely don't know, he has the build but he just doesn't seem anywhere near the play most of the time.

I don't blame him but I do blame Lindsey and the other players  for not playing to his strengths as I am sure in training Lindsey must know how good he is or can be?

So far it seems like he tells him to come on the pitch and "disrupt things in the box and cause them problems".

He does put himself about but often that is to try and win the ball from a service to him thats non existant.

I hope he comes good, he has the build and pace of Theo Robinson but so far hasn't had a chance to show us what he can do, I hope he starts in the Mickey Mouse cup next week so we can see more of him, maybe do a Fjortoft and score in that and then not stop scoring then on Smiley

RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 10:02:28 »

We saw him close up in his cameo at Carlisle, a d I thought he worked hard abd showed a couple of good touches, including a difficult shot - no power on it, but it got through and the gk had to stop it. I say there is potential......
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 11:45:04 »

Maybe a Fjortoft in waiting.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 11:48:44 »

Early days but getting serious Vincent Pericard vibs from Adeloye
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 11:52:08 »

Much more mobile than Pericard going by the LC game.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: