Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Rochdale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20589 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 15:48:25 »

Good lift for us, a couple of town end stewards being pricks though. I only kicked off because they decided to try and rough a couple of blokes up which nearly flattened me as I was walking by. Twats.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 15:49:39 »

Still have no idea about Adeloye - how can a player manage to be nowhere near anything - did he even manage to get a touch?.

Agreed, seen nothing to shake the feeling that he is stealing a wage so far. That said he hasn’t exactly been given that much time to show what he can do. Hope I’m entirely wrong and we are nervously hoping to hold onto him in the Jan window as he races into double figures...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 15:52:01 »

So, if we actually sign this fabled striker, who drops out?
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 15:54:49 »

Agree Darcy at right back is a defensive issue, but it's not exactly like Hutton has shown any semblance of defensive positioning and Darcy was excellent going forwards.

RB has been a notable weak link for us. The Stockport scouts will not have to watch much to know to target that area.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 15:57:47 »

So, not all hope lost then?

Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 16:03:24 »

So, if we actually sign this fabled striker, who drops out?

On merit possibly Khan or Williams, by the sounds of it some on here would go with Gladwin. Has been our best midfielder this season IMO though.

That said take out Khan and we suddenly look a little light on the box-to-box engine front. Not an easy decision for sure.

Williams looked less effective in the first few games than last year. Felt he had a good understanding with Iandolo and Payne. The interplay with FBT is getting somewhere though, hopefully that develops a bit more.

Do we know how long Ellis is out for?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 16:05:51 »

Williams would rotate with Gladwin and Wakeling would move wider.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 16:08:26 »

On merit possibly Khan or Williams, by the sounds of it some on here would go with Gladwin. Has been our best midfielder this season IMO though.

That said take out Khan and we suddenly look a little light on the box-to-box engine front. Not an easy decision for sure.

Williams looked less effective in the first few games than last year. Felt he had a good understanding with Iandolo and Payne. The interplay with FBT is getting somewhere though, hopefully that develops a bit more.

Do we know how long Ellis is out for?

Williams 100%. I think he’s better off the bench anyway

Be criminal dropping Khan. Recovered ball really well today and once again played the pass that led to a goal.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 16:10:40 »

and relax

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 16:36:01 »

Strange we had more home fans on a wet Tuesday evening then we did on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

Still decent, like.

Pleased for Lindsey.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 16:36:29 »

Finally a win. Relieved. Much needed 3 pts, clean sheet also. Wakeling brilliant, just terrorises the opposition and doesn’t stop and once more it earns him a goal and assist. Gladwin brilliant- key player this season. Khan brilliant again for me, wins ball back, can run up and down the pitch and did well to play the pass for the second goal. Darcy looked going forward, but as a right back, defensively he was abysmal (not his fault, he’s out of position). Rochdale carved us open 2 or 3 times down that side, no way he can play there again. A good side woulda taken advantage, Rochdale 100% will be one of, if not the, poorest sides we play this season. Blake Tracey was the standout defender, did everything well, Clayton and McDonald look good together.

Onwards and upwards, roll on Stockport away.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 16:40:39 »

Couldn’t watch today, but good result and let’s hope we can use that to kick on. Big week ahead to get those reinforcements (come on Simpson, you know you want to) and hold onto Louis and Harry. Sounds like my initial gripe about signing a Burton reserve was wrong. Good 2nd half on Tuesday, and sounds like he was good today.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 16:42:54 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 16:40:59 »

Strange we had more home fans on a wet Tuesday evening then we did on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

Still decent, like.

Pleased for Lindsey.

Orient brought 300+ more than Rochdale

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 16:50:21 »

I was on about home fans only
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 16:53:10 »

As you know money is tight and two games within four days was too much for some.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: