Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Rochdale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20547 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 14:28:35 »

Huh?

Last nights tweets….
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 14:28:43 »

It's better now than it was ahead of the Salford game, big concerns in the lead up to that one..
Yeah did notice it was especially streaky then as well.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 14:29:38 »

Last nights tweets….

Oh, didn't see them..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #198 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 14:30:45 »

HT 1-0

Not bad really.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 14:31:40 »

Oh, didn't see them..

Advisory board thread.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 14:32:12 »

Not a bad start, should have had a couple of goals, however we look cagey at the back, especially down the right hand side. We need another goal.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 14:32:34 »

Rochdale look really poor at times.

Nothing to see here
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 14:32:48 »

My only gripe is that we’re not out of sight.

Very entertaining game but whether that’s down to Dale being so open I don’t know.

Wakeling continues to impress.

Tim Brooke-Taylor looks solid.

Williams and Reed getting up to speed. Khan doing well.

Gladwin has pinched a lot of balls of their midfield but spoiled it by his usual casualness in our own half - playing well, though.

McKirdy a bit meh.

Darcy bit of a revelation.

Can we ride our luck without needing at least another goal or 2?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 14:33:52 »

Advisory board thread.

I have been staying away from pretty much anything to do with Swindon on SM recently, my life is a lot better off for it - haven't seen anything of the Advisory board stuff tbh

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 14:35:10 »

We won't learn much about ourselves from this game, other than don't play Darcy at right back against any other team than Rochdale.

They are awful, truly awful.  Very pretty on the ball before they lose it in dangerous positions, over and over again.

We'd be about 3 down against a proper team, but as it is we should already be home and dry.  We will win this easily, they simply can't stop giving away chances and where we do have talent is going forward.

Make hay while the sun is shining.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 14:35:26 »

Interesting half that one. Rochdale aren't very good, but they're unusually not very good in that they absolutely are trying stuff and attacking, just look shaky as fuck at the back and can't really finish either. Their #11 Odoh is the epitome of that, looks really good on the ball but missed a really good opportunity. Bad in both boxes, quite fun in between them.

Most of our attacking players are having their best games of the season (probably because Rochdale are really quite dodgy defensively) - Gladwin is drifting around all over the place and starting attacks, they can't pick him up at all - he has also been caught in possession in our own final third twice however. Reed looks much brighter. Khan hasn't done much with the ball, but has had a couple of really good wins of possession. Wakeling is an absolute pest, pressing their defence who look likely to give him the ball at every opportunity. FBT has made a couple of excellent tackles.

Darcy at RB (most of the time, Khan has swapped in/out at least once) is good going forward and linking up really well but has been out of position defensively a fair bit as you'd expect. To be fair, Hutton was out of position plenty too, so no worse defensively and contributing a lot more in posession.

We're winning, we deserve to be ahead, but we've been a little open to their attacks too.  
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 14:37:28 »

Darcy should be given a chance in a proper position for him, quite lively.  Wakeling is a bit Yates like, he will have a good season I think.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 14:39:02 »

Darcy should be given a chance in a proper position for him, quite lively.  Wakeling is a bit Yates like, he will have a good season I think.

Yates is the obvious comparison, but I'm seeing a bit of Simon Cox - not a big guy, but very happy to put himself about physically and discomforts defenders. Not shown a penchant for long range wonder goals yet but I'm excited to see it...
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 14:39:28 »

Promising half. Clearly better than them for me.

Need a second if we can, feel like they could really die off if we do.

Would like to see us press their defence as they are trying to pass it about but do not look comfortable at doing it.

Nobody has been notably poor I don’t think. Would be good to see Williams and McKirdy get on the ball a bit more.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 14:45:32 »

We won't learn much about ourselves from this game, other than don't play Darcy at right back against any other team than Rochdale.

They are awful, truly awful.  Very pretty on the ball before they lose it in dangerous positions, over and over again.

We'd be about 3 down against a proper team, but as it is we should already be home and dry.  We will win this easily, they simply can't stop giving away chances and where we do have talent is going forward.

Make hay while the sun is shining.

Not sure that’s true, we were more open on Tuesday against the leagues best so far and largely got away with it. League 2 and all that.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: