Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Rochdale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20428 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 19:43:20 »

Yes - a fair proportion of those attending Swindon games come from the surrounding towns, like a Coty Metro area over here.  Train travel is far more common in the Uk and Europe in general, so people will travel 20-30 miles on the train for very little cost.  Until they go on strike!

Best fans in the land us out of Town Swindon Supporters Wink
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 05:38:58 »

Couldn't agree more Pint
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 06:00:26 »

Yes - a fair proportion of those attending Swindon games come from the surrounding towns, like a City Metro area over here.  Train travel is far more common in the Uk and Europe in general, so people will travel 20-30 miles on the train for very little cost.  Until they go on strike!
very little cost 😳 I would love to use the train more. sometimes for a joke I will jump on the trainline (website) and see for away day travel. when it comes back at a few hundred I end up just driving. I do know of people who get cheap tickets just don't know how
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 06:04:35 »

very little cost 😳 I would love to use the train more. sometimes for a joke I will jump on the trainline (website) and see for away day travel. when it comes back at a few hundred I end up just driving. I do know of people who get cheap tickets just don't know how

Where do you travel from.  Depending on the distance have you looked at buying a rail card, splitting the ticket and booking in advance?

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 06:36:16 »

Using my tried and tested wasp killing technique, I confidently predict a 4-0 win.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 07:23:00 »

Using my tried and tested wasp killing technique, I confidently predict a 4-0 win.

"No piece of piss tho" maybe you're not convinced😀

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 07:23:35 »

Hope we don’t get stung.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 07:25:45 »

Streaky 1-0 win. Any win today is really needed.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 07:31:02 »

Where do you travel from.  Depending on the distance have you looked at buying a rail card, splitting the ticket and booking in advance?

I can easily get to Swindon Station or Kemble is nearer. its not the best example as its far but Stockport is 3.5 hours for £101. going with other people it will.always be cheaper to drive but I guess if people want to drink they would pay more to train it
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 07:37:50 »

I can easily get to Swindon Station or Kemble is nearer. its not the best example as its far but Stockport is 3.5 hours for £101. going with other people it will.always be cheaper to drive but I guess if people want to drink they would pay more to train it

The only way for you Mate is to pre book months in advance unless you have a railcard.
I use my friends and family meaning I have to bully my youngest into going because it knocks a third of the cost of my ticket.
My eldest has his own railcard.

Some do those spilt ticket deals and others group deals where more than one paying adult.
However they don’t make it easy for you.

Without doubt I would travel by train far more if it wasn’t so expensive.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 07:44:08 »

"No piece of piss tho" maybe you're not convinced😀
I reserve ‘piece of piss’ for all the 4-1s we have!

My wasp prediction worked perfectly when England beat Ukraine 4-0 in the last Euros. It consists of throwing my flip flop as a wasp hovers close to the ground - I got 4 that day. I got 4 last evening.

What can go wrong?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 07:47:59 »

I used to fall into that category but been here 7 years now  Huh?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 07:53:56 »

I reserve ‘piece of piss’ for all the 4-1s we have!

My wasp prediction worked perfectly when England beat Ukraine 4-0 in the last Euros. It consists of throwing my flip flop as a wasp hovers close to the ground - I got 4 that day. I got 4 last evening.

What can go wrong?

If it works keep doing it😀

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 07:54:52 »

I used to fall into that category but been here 7 years now  Huh?

You're one of us now😀

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 08:18:34 »

The only way for you Mate is to pre book months in advance unless you have a railcard.
I use my friends and family meaning I have to bully my youngest into going because it knocks a third of the cost of my ticket.
My eldest has his own railcard.

Some do those spilt ticket deals and others group deals where more than one paying adult.
However they don’t make it easy for you.

Without doubt I would travel by train far more if it wasn’t so expensive.

makes sense. the thing with swindon is I don't plan in advance that much. we could lose 10 in a row then win a game and il be desperate to go to the next one
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: