Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Rochdale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20411 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 10:52:09 »

They have in the league cup, if you include that game then they have scored as many goals in total as we have.

Not allowed to include The League Cup when judging where a team may be going this season according to some though.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 11:05:29 »

Why the club wouldn't want to try and progress in the league cup is beyond me considering out history and the money to be made later on in the competition.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #47 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 11:05:35 »

Not allowed to include The League Cup when judging where a team may be going this season according to some though.
Admittedly the LC and the JPT we often play weakened sides so it sways it often in favour of the opposition stats wise, the side we put up against Walsall was frankly a pathetic excuse for a team IMO and it shows we arent taking it seriously whereas Rochdale played the first team against Burton and easily beat them 2-0.

I prefer to take into account just league ties but this early in the season its about every game played.

If you take that into account then Rochdale have already won more games than we have Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 11:40:45 »

I think you can logically say we put out a shit team in the LC and therefore read little into it, BUT, we were told we had recruited a bigger squad and that we didn't have just a first XI this season.  In that case we can use the game to concur that assessment of our squad by those managing it is utter bullshit.  The squad doesn't pass the sniff test for me if the question is whether or not it is as good as what we put together last season - at first team and overall levels.

Still a little time for that to change with signings, but there doesn't seem to be much by way of urgency on that front (not saying I expect a signing a day, but we are only hearing anything when it is in response to a direct question).

We will still beat Rochdale.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 19, 2022, 11:44:44 by RobertT » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #49 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 11:42:04 »

We will still beat Rochdale.
I really really hope we can.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 11:44:58 »

Fuck me. Has it really come to this? Worrying if we can beat fucking Rochdale!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 12:04:25 »

Which is why I will be having a few pints beforehand  Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #52 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 12:05:45 »

Fuck me. Has it really come to this? Worrying if we can beat fucking Rochdale!
It would seem to so yes mate.

I have seen very little so far to give me confidence that we are able to outscore the opposition, of course that can change very quickly in football but I don't see where the goals are coming from at the moment.

Also Rochdales unrest in the dressing room could well have been eased by removing the manager and assistant manager yesterday which may well give them a huge lift, we will soon see. It could of course have no effect, it really is so many variables.

If we don't come out of the blocks fast and press them then I think we could struggle to break them down creating a frustated atmosphere at the CG putting more pressure on the players.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #53 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 14:44:51 »

Rochdale appoint long serving 37 year old player Jim McNulty as temporary boss for tomorrows game, he is a bit of a fan favourite and several of them would like him to be the new manager with Graham Alexander the next most wanted.

They have 1 current ex Town player in Toumani Diagouraga but they do have last seasons Swindon loan target from WBA Rayhaan Tulloch who we apparently made a bid for, the speedy striker chose to stay at WBA and get over his serious injury.

I noticed they have Richard O'Donnell in goal this season, a keeper who in his previous 7 appearances has yet to keep a clean sheet against Swindon conceding 12 goals including a 3 and a 4 goal haul while playing for Walsall in his 18 club career and he always looks shakey against us.

Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 15:47:14 »

Tomorrow is when it all gets on track!!
Get a few goals and victory and confidence...
the only unknow is if i am going to wake up early morning to cook breakfast casserols
 Beers
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 17:17:08 »

Traffic is going to be a nightmare tomorrow. Hopefully, my commitment will be rewarded with a well fought nil - nil draw rather than a good hiding by the team currently propping up div 4. 

Nothing to see here
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 17:48:36 »

Traffic is going to be a nightmare tomorrow. Hopefully, my commitment will be rewarded with a well fought nil - nil draw rather than a good hiding by the team currently propping up div 4. 
Yup, people probably need reminding that there’s no trains again tomorrow as the greedy fuckers are striking again!
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 18:46:26 »

Yup, people probably need reminding that there’s no trains again tomorrow as the greedy fuckers are striking again!

I ask because I dont know...is train travel a huge service that is used to get around there?  who would be using it to get to a match. people that dont live in swindon?  or are there trains within Swindon?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 19:00:53 »

I ask because I dont know...is train travel a huge service that is used to get around there?  who would be using it to get to a match. people that dont live in swindon?  or are there trains within Swindon?

Yes - a fair proportion of those attending Swindon games come from the surrounding towns, like a City Metro area over here.  Train travel is far more common in the Uk and Europe in general, so people will travel 20-30 miles on the train for very little cost.  Until they go on strike!
« Last Edit: Friday, August 19, 2022, 21:07:47 by RobertT » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 19:02:30 »

I ask because I dont know...is train travel a huge service that is used to get around there?  who would be using it to get to a match. people that dont live in swindon?  or are there trains within Swindon?
Lots of people use it on a match day, there’s always a lot on the Stroud valley service, coming from Didcot/Reading way and Chippenham/Westbury/Bath direction. It’s the one thing Swindon and the CG has going for it.

Until they go on strike!
Which seems to be every other day at the moment.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: