Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC stat attack 2022/23  (Read 3276 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 07:39:08 »

Just been looking at the stats so far for league games.

After 4 games.....

Shots 30
On target 11 (37%)

Shots against us 47
On target 24 (51%)

Average possession home 38%
Average possession away 52%

The worrying stat for me is we had 10 shots against us in the first two games but 37 in the last two games.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 08:10:50 »

More worrying is 0 wins

I think those stats backup what many of us have already said.  We could easily have lost those 3 games and looked 2nd best the majority of the time.    To it's credit, the team is showing a bit of toughness to battle to get the draws which is why to me it looks like a lower mid table team at the mo.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 08:28:24 »

The worrying stat for me is we had 10 shots against us in the first two games but 37 in the last two games.
It's an alarming figure but does have to be taken in context. Of those 37 shots, there were 14 on target with an xGa of 1.82 vs Carlisle and 2.03 vs Orient. Whilst those figures don't paint our defence in a great light, they do suggest that a lot of the shots against us were pretty speculative.

Still, plenty of work to do at the back that's for sure.

More worrying is 0 wins
Agree to an extent, just clinging to the fact we've played 4 games including 2 of the promotion favourites. Happy to write Harrogate off as 'it just didn't click' and a point at Carlisle shouldn't be sniffed at.

Six points from the next 3 games would make me a lot more comfortable. That would put us on 9 points from 7 having played Salford, Orient and Stockport with an incomplete squad. Last year, that would have seen us sat in the top half. They key then is to push on by getting the right player(s) in, get the best out of Reed and Williams and find a system that works for this group of players.

Will it happen? Some say no chance, I say the jury's out.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 09:19:56 »

Football has become too complicated with the word system at the centre of it all and easy to hide behind. Good players will always find a way of performing.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 09:21:57 »

While on the thread about stats, for those worried about our start (of which I am one too).

After 4 games last season Bristol Rovers were 20th with 3 points (1 win and 3 defeats) they had scored 3 goals and conceded 8. Won promotion.

After 4 games last season Port Vale were in 17th place with 3 points (3 draws and 1 defeat) they had scored 1 goal and conceded 2. Won promotion.

After 4 games this season we are sat in 19th place with 3 points (3 draws and 1 defeat) we have scored 2 goals and conceded 5.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 09:42:02 »

While on the thread about stats, for those worried about our start (of which I am one too).

After 4 games last season Bristol Rovers were 20th with 3 points (1 win and 3 defeats) they had scored 3 goals and conceded 8. Won promotion.

After 4 games last season Port Vale were in 17th place with 3 points (3 draws and 1 defeat) they had scored 1 goal and conceded 2. Won promotion.

After 4 games this season we are sat in 19th place with 3 points (3 draws and 1 defeat) we have scored 2 goals and conceded 5.

And forest green were top - finished top.
Harrogate 2nd - Finished 19th

Sure 4 games in is nothing but if you start shit you have a far better chance of staying shit
Ask Barrrow Oldham, Rochdale, Scunthorpe etc.

First time without a win in our first 4 games sine the Colin Todd season 22 years ago. 
Can it change yes - does it need to happen quickly, absolutely - but it is far from a given.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 09:45:28 »

Mansfield didn't start last season very well either did they?

I just had a quick look at league 2. I think it's fair to say some of the more 'fancied sides' like Crawley, Stockport, Bradford and Tranmere haven't exactly flown out of the traps. On the other side of the coin Salford, Northampton and Orient have. It seems like a potentially open division and if we can add a quality focal point in attack and start to gel quickly, we could have a very good season still.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 09:46:14 »

First time without a win in our first 4 games sine the Colin Todd season 22 years ago.  
Can it change yes - does it need to happen quickly, absolutely - but it is far from a given.
2010-11 under Danny Wilson.

Brighton H 1-2
Hartlepool A 2-2
Brentford H 1-1
MKD H 1-2
Carlilse A 0-0

We finished bottom that season.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 09:48:06 »

Mansfield didn't start last season very well either did they?
After 4 games Mansfield were 4th, 1 place behind us with 2 wins and 1 draw in 4 games.

Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 09:51:18 »

2010-11 under Danny Wilson.

Brighton H 1-2
Hartlepool A 2-2
Brentford H 1-1
MKD H 1-2
Carlilse A 0-0

Apologies had blanked that god awful season from my mind!!

20th after 4 games and finished bottom - so started shit and got even worse
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 10:31:55 »

After 4 games Mansfield were 4th, 1 place behind us with 2 wins and 1 draw in 4 games.

Well will you look at that. Bob in talking shite shocker! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 10:33:43 »

Well will you look at that. Bob in talking shite shocker! Smiley
They went down to 11th at one point mate Smiley

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 10:37:24 »

They went down to 11th at one point mate Smiley

For some reason I thought Mansfield had a terrible start and finished really strongly to make the play-offs and probably should have gone up automatically if they had anything about them.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 10:40:09 »

We lost the first 5 in 80-81 which saw off Bobby Smith I think. Survived on the last day without too much nerve jangling.

Top of the table after 5 games in 81-82 and got relegated in a particularly memorable season, but for all of the wrong reasons.
First season with 3 points for a win.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 11:00:59 »

We lost the first 5 in 80-81 which saw off Bobby Smith I think. Survived on the last day without too much nerve jangling.

Top of the table after 5 games in 81-82 and got relegated in a particularly memorable season, but for all of the wrong reasons.
First season with 3 points for a win.
We lost Wilf Tranter as assistant manager in the Summer of 80-81 and he was the glue at the club off the pitch, a massive loss and Smith never got over that.

The year after Trollope never really wanted the job, I do remember we beat Preston 4-0 in the 3rd game and their manager the ex Man Utd manager Tommy Docherty said in an interview that we were rubbish and would get relegated that season...he was right!

Ironically he himself only lasted another 3 months there before being sacked.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: