Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Leyton Orient pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20699 times)
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:23:47 »

Orient probably disappointed not to pick up 3 points. A better side would have put Swindon to the sword.

At least we didn’t lose.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:24:42 »

Bar a 2 minute blip in the middle that 2nd half wasn’t too bad. Makes Rochdale feel really important. Unbeaten run continues  Wink
Shizzle

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:24:58 »

I enjoyed that. We were far from perfect but I think we’ll be fine this season. From relegation anyway.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:25:00 »

Three draws make a win.

We were better in the second half, although it may have been Orient losing steam a bit. The one thing I'll say for Lindsay is that we do seem to improve after HT in every game so far.

Don't think we'll be relegation threatened or anything like that, but hard to see how this side turns into a promotion chasing one. Lower midtable feels our level right now, let's hope we can improve from there.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:25:02 »

Strange match.

Nothing to see here
adje

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:26:04 »

Well what a transformation from Blake-Tracy who,for me,went from hopeless to being probably our best player in second half.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:27:21 »

I think much of the first half analysis stands the test of time.

We look almost as clueless as under Sheridan right now - it's old skool paint by numbers stuff.  Throw a bunch of players out in some positions and hope for the best.  There is a hangover from last season and some Academy training I guess which makes it a bit less farcical than under Sheridan, but there is no purpose to the way we play and a right old bag of shit defending at times.

Lets be honest, we are lucky to have not lost all four games in the league thus far.

If you can take a positive or two - we have some talent with the ball at feet when we get possession further forward and we have a decent keeper.

It's not looking great.  At the individual level we are not 100 miles behind everyone else, so at least we are not being blown away.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:28:05 »

I enjoyed that. We were far from perfect but I think we’ll be fine this season. From relegation anyway.

I should fucking hope so.  If we scrap around the bottom all season everyone involved in the club can fuck off as far as I would be concerned.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:28:19 »

Still not looking great but I guess the table shows we’ve managed draws against the top two.
Whingy the poo

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:30:16 »

3 draws, 3 points. If it was the end of the season and were fighting to get promoted or the opposite, draws would not be good enough.

More concerning is we can't hold onto a lead, so far this season. Doh

Orient had 9 shots on target to our 3. Sol Brynn 7 saves.

Onto Saturday then. Rochdale have lost all their league games so far, its got to be a win for town surely?  Hmmm
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:35:56 by Whingy the poo » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:30:26 »

Still not looking great but I guess the table shows we’ve managed draws against the top two.

If they were away games I would agree but nothing inspiring drawing both in consecutive home games.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:34:18 »

We didn't get spanked by a team that has been doing very well at the start of the season. First half in particular and some of the defending throughout was suspect but McKirdy seemed much more lively and is off the mark now. Wakeling is going to be a real asset (even if the phrase 'drop of the shoulder' has taken on a life of its own in my house), been impressed with him so far.

A great performance? No. Another point on the board against a team we were supposed to lose against? Yes.

Echo people's comments that we're much better in the second half every game, god knows what Lindsay is doing at half time but it obviously works.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:35:15 »

With Adeloye, I think it's probably a bad thing if I cannot determine whether he is even a footballer yet, let alone any good.  I am not sure I have seen a player be so distant from the game for nearly all the minutes he has been on the field.  I'd still try him starting as the central player with Wakeling & McKirdy either side of him.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:36:44 »

With Adeloye, I think it's probably a bad thing if I cannot determine whether he is even a footballer yet, let alone any good.  I am not sure I have seen a player be so distant from the game for nearly all the minutes he has been on the field.  I'd still try him starting as the central player with Wakeling & McKirdy either side of him.
Agreed,I'm beginning to think the same about Shade

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:37:23 »

We didn't get spanked by a team that has been doing very well at the start of the season. First half in particular and some of the defending throughout was suspect but McKirdy seemed much more lively and is off the mark now. Wakeling is going to be a real asset (even if the phrase 'drop of the shoulder' has taken on a life of its own in my house), been impressed with him so far.

A great performance? No. Another point on the board against a team we were supposed to lose against? Yes.

Echo people's comments that we're much better in the second half every game, god knows what Lindsay is doing at half time but it obviously works.

I'm going to get pelters from some, but here we go.

A team we were supposed to lose against? - if we go into every game with that mentality then this season is a write off.  We have every right to expect a team to be pulled together that should be top 7 at least, in which case we should go into every game thinking we have a good chance of taking the points.

Barrow away - much worse second half.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: