Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Leyton Orient pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 19434 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:15:27 »

I'll be there, hopefully the team can do the business. It'll be tough.

Swindon 1-3 Orient att: 8,001 (495 away)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:18:21 »

Swindon 1 Orient 2 attendance: 8,790 (580 O's) and 442 at the back as predicted earlier'

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:51:11 »

Can’t see anything other than a defeat,  have been proved wrong before, just hope I am again this time or the peasants may well start to revolt.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 20:54:50 »

2-0 defeat. Att:7,749.

MoM: Hutton

Nothing to see here
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 07:38:12 »

No one fancy a win of any kind, even a Williams Win?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 07:52:01 »

0-3 and the real unpleasantness begins*

*happy to be wrong, hope I am...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 09:51:38 »

0-3 and the real unpleasantness begins*

*happy to be wrong, hope I am...
If the Wellens factor it will turn very toxic if this happens. The Rochdale game on Saturday would then become a really pivotal moment.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 09:55:07 »

2-0 defeat. Att:7,749.

MoM: Hutton

On the sauce or the wind up.
Hutton would only get MoM if he was dropped and sat it out on his early showings
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 10:15:35 »

On the sauce or the wind up.
Hutton would only get MoM if he was dropped and sat it out on his early showings

Neither

Nothing to see here
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 10:26:28 »

All feels a bit doom and gloom on here, which to an extent is understandable, given expectations of progression from last season.

However it is early days and most sides suffer a hangover following play off failure. There have also been signs of some improvements in the last 135 minutes of league football compared to the first 135 mins. We are at least creating chances and of the new signings Brynn, Khan and Wakelin have impressed.

The jury is out on Adeloye, Hutton and Shade in particular, but again it is early days and some players take longer to settle than others.

Lindsey doesn't come across in his media duties as tactically astute as say Wellens, but that may be because he's  not as media savvy. Garner used to say very little, keeping his cards close to his chest and his lack of engagement with the fanbase was evident and not liked.

To his credit Lindsey appears far more willing to engage and tactically got it right by switching to a back 4 in the 2nd half against Salford and keeping the same formation for yesterday's game. Clearly our recruitment was geared to playing wing backs but Devine and Iandolo have been injured and Shade and Hutton not impressed in those positions. The new left back looks composed and decent on the ball but again will need time to gel with the rest of the team.

I have the same concerns as most others, namely the quality of some of our signings, Reeds form in particular, lack of pace in central defence and need of a proven goalscorer but overall it's far too early to judge either the team or Lindsey.

Get 2 wins against Orient and Rochdale and all will hopefully look very different in a weeks time.

Half glass full........

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 10:36:41 »

Andy King was astue with the media, had a great eye for talent, good man management skills and at times was still hounded by the fans so it's not just an anti Lindsey thing on here.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 10:21:23 »

Orient have a 100% start to the season in the league winning their first 3 games scoring 4 goals and keeping 3 clean sheets in the process.

They have beaten Mansfield and Grimsby at home and Crawley away so far, they have ex Town players Hunt, Vigs and Harry Smith on their books, last season they tore us apart at Brisbane Road and easily beat us at the CG too.

Wellens has the nucleus of a good side.

I think we will struggle against them TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 10:31:14 »

A small club on the up!

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 10:32:14 »

Apparently Mansfield pissed all over Orient and only Vigs kept them in it. Much as Mansfield pissed all over us last season and we won 1-0.

Wouldnt hold them up as anything special.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 10:50:08 »

Andy King was astue with the media, had a great eye for talent, good man management skills and at times was still hounded by the fans so it's not just an anti Lindsey thing on here.
King is an absolute legend of a manager.

There can be many reasons for results, good or bad but at the end of the day that is the yardstick that matters most where a current manager is concerned.

I must confess that fickle, much younger me has chanted "we want Kingy out, say, we want Kingy out" (only ever after the end of a match).  But our grand old ledge did take us on some horrendous winless streaks, tbf.

Speaking personally, I'm amongst those disappointed by the Lindsey appointment for reasons already shared by a fair few.

He appears v. lucky to have been chosen.  It seems that his inexperience and lower level pedigree make him more under pressure than the likes of more charismatic or celebrated newbies like DiCanio or Macari - who started memorable seasons similarly shakily.  

Lindsey doesn't look a likely legend to me but I won't be bringing my pitchfork in case of a home defeat on Tuesday.  It's a big step up for Lindsey and he deserves a fair chance like any other "new manager". Say 8-10 games.  Who of us truly know what the man may be capable of based on 3 league games in his first appointment?

What we don't want to re-occur is to find ourselves without a clue as to a replacement should the need arise.  But if there weren't any we liked last month, you can bet there won't be too many more eligible replacements yet available.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: