Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?S  (Voting closed: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 15:39:13)
Sol Brynn - 4 (8.2%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy - 1 (2%)
Mathieu Baudry - 3 (6.1%)
Angus MacDonald - 0 (0%)
Remeao Hutton - 1 (2%)
Saidou Khan - 17 (34.7%)
Louis Reed - 1 (2%)
Ben Gladwin - 0 (0%)
Jonny Williams (sub 77) - 0 (0%)
Jacob Wakeling (sub 74) - 20 (40.8%)
Harry McKirdy - 1 (2%)
Tomi Adeloye (on 74) - 1 (2%)
Tyrese Shade (on 77) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 48

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle United 1-1 Swindon Town MoM Thread  (Read 2388 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 15:39:13 »

We scored a goal!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 15:44:38 »

Khan by an absolute country mile. Then Wakeling. Then a fair sized drop off again. Brynn third? Then probably another big drop off.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 15:47:31 »

Wakeling for me
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:03:32 »

Brynn very near faultless,surely?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:37:49 »

I only saw parts of the game due to ifollow issues. But what I did see was a 'busy' performance from Khan in midfield. He broke a lot up and played the simple stuff well. His touch isn't great and his understanding of movement by other players isn't there yet, but, he's got potential.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:22:35 »

Difficult one, having been there. Wakeling worked really hard and scored, so I went for him. Bryan was excellent. I thought Khan was lightweight and stood off too many tackles. Hutton improved in 2nd half, but is very ponderous. Mckirdy was much more effective in 2nd half, and Blake-Tracy did ok. But Wakeling for me.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 20:48:24 »

Wakeling- lad put in a real shift in the heat and getting off the mark.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 07:19:42 »

Khan for me.
Thought Baudry had a good game and Brynn is a good acquisition.
Hutton is diabolical, Shade when he came on terrible, Blake- Tracy not great but just got here and was better than Brennan last week (concussed or not)
Gladwin & Williams looked good at times moving with the ball Reed looked lost and lost the ball more than he won it.
Wakeling took his goal well and pestered when a ball went forward not an out and out striker for me. Tomi unsure if he touched it when he came on.
 Don't understand why Clayton or Darcy didn't come on. Basic errors again at the back rather than defend they seem to think someone else will do ot for them. Needs a leader at the back, thought between Baudry and Mcdonald we would have one but not vocal enough. 
Not looking forward to watching on Tuesday could be toxic if we ship a hatful
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 08:22:57 »

Darcy & Claytons stock probably improved the most during the 90 minutes.
So either of them….
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 09:20:16 »

I went for Brynn because he kept us in the game but Wakeling was my pick of the outfield players, Khan did well too though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 09:32:25 »

Brynn 7 - solid enough.  No chance with goal and has been commanding since Harrogate game.
Hutton 5 - hasn't impressed other than brief spell in 2nd half against Salford. His defensive awareness appears lacking.
Baudry 7 - composed performance. Carrying on from end of last season.
Mcdonald 6 - won everything in the air. Rash challenge for their goal and appears to have a mistake in him most games.
Blake-Tracy 6 - started the game well, good in possession. However played Dennis onside for their goal.
Reed 4 - what has happened to him? Gone from best to worst player in the space of 3 months! Is it a confidence issue/ fitness related or something deeper?
Gladwin 6 - good in part with one wonderful piece of skill late on, but also lost possession for their goal.
Khan 7- pick of the midfielders. Great tenacity to help Wakelin for goal. Covers the pitch well.
Williams 6 - some neat passes but want more from him, given his talent. Needs to add assists and goals.
McKirdy 6 - improved 2nd half, linked well with Wakelin to create chance for him. Missed 2 good chances himself.
Wakelin 7 - well taken goal. Never stops working hard. Should have crossed for McKirdy in 1st half just after goal.
Subs
Shade 5 - no impact. Poor body language. Not sure of best position.
Adeloye 5 - linked well with McKirdy to get a shot away. Didn't win anything in the air.

Motm - toss up between Khan, Baudry and Wakelin. Went for Khan based on his constant effort in 90 minutes of intense heat.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 10:03:44 »

Overall, what I saw on the pitch, my first game of the season, was a lack of confidence both in some individuals and in relationships between players. Very few, especially in midfield, wanting to take responsibility. Once Mckirdy brightened up in the second half, things began to happen, but there was one occasion when there must have been eight short passes on the edge of the area before finally, in the midst of a scrum, Reed got a shot in. There could have been at least four shots prior to that. That indecision seemed to blight the whole performance. Confidence and trust are so important. Perhaps it is a gradual thing.
lincolnred

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 15:00:45 »

First game of the season for me.

Agree with previous comments regarding McDonald, was expecting a real Shaun Taylor sort of leadership.
Not impressed with the one dimensional goal kick routines, however without a big centre forward, route one probably wont work....at the moment.
Reed was terrible ....something clearly isn't right and its not down to the loss of Payne.

Wakelin my MOTM...disappointed that he got taken off.

Respect to the other 310 who travelled under the circumstances.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 09:20:32 »

Khan for me. Strong and kept running hard the whole match, in intense heat. Passing very good also, and had to cover most of the pitch. Especially as Reed was so poor.

ust be the oldest
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: