Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Referee's Digest  (Read 2986 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« on: Monday, August 8, 2022, 20:08:01 »

Ever sat there and gone "I recognise the name but don't remember the last game they officiated'? Ever wondered if we see particular refs too much? Ever wondered whether a shit ref is always shit or just had a bad day? Welcome, dear reader, to Jurassic park

Referee's Digest

After the game I post a poll, rely on you lot to give the ref/officials 1-10 rating at game.

List said referee and their average rating in here.

Over the season we put together a picture of each referee's quality.

Next season we do it all again.

The more games we get the more data we get and the more data we get the more a ref's true colours show.

Foreseeable Issues;

- If we lose or get a red card people are more likely to think the ref is shit. I will list the scores, yellows and reds for each side.
- People might think this is a witch hunt on people who give up their free time to assist the beautiful game. It is not. Without refs we couldn't get pissed off with the Town every year.
- There are probably more but I can't be bothered to think of them right now.

THOMAS PARSONS - 4.5
Walsall()(2) vs Swindon (3Y,1R)(0), 9th Aug '22 his LEAGUE DEBUT(!) - 4.5

ANDREW KITCHEN - 7.8
Carlisle(1Y)(1) vs Swindon (2Y)(1), 13th Aug '22 - 7.8

ROBERT LEWIS - 7.1
Swindon(1Y)(1) vs Leyton Orient (2Y)(1), 16th Aug '22 - 7.1

SAMUEL BARROTT - 8.4
Swindon(2Y)(3) vs Rochdale (2Y)(0), 20th Aug '22 - 8.4

« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 30, 2022, 19:36:38 by Honkytonk » Logged
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 8, 2022, 20:19:32 »

Dig it.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 8, 2022, 20:21:35 »

Can't you start with the Salford game? I've got a bit I need to get off my chest, and I don't want to forget that inadequate little fucker's name.

Wouldn't it be epic if we could greet an Andy Woolmer next time with "you're not fit to referee" as he walked out onto the pitch?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 8, 2022, 20:54:31 »

Quote from: Red Frog
Wouldn't it be epic if we could greet an Andy Woolmer next time with "you're not fit to referee" as he walked out onto the pitch?

and then watch him give everything to the opposition.

actually he did that anyway
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 8, 2022, 20:55:00 »

Can't you start with the Salford game? I've got a bit I need to get off my chest, and I don't want to forget that inadequate little fucker's name.

Yeah I am deliberately avoiding that one based off of both issues 1 and 2 in my post above.

If grenouille rouge wishes to start the poll then I suppose I would be beholden to use its results...
Lambo75

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 8, 2022, 21:45:05 »

Trevor Kettle is the other name I dread, he loves to brandish a card in the Swindon direction and seems to be generally biased against us.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 00:00:57 »

He may as well have fucking walked out with a Salford shirt on, the twelfth man.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 05:44:37 »

This seems apt here!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 06:45:44 »

I'm surprised there isn't one online for Fans to 'critique' referees. They never be held accountable at all.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 06:49:45 »

I'm surprised there isn't one online for Fans to 'critique' referees. They never be held accountable at all.
I went looking because I thought I can't have been the first one to have this idea. Apparently I am. There are statto websites but they don't give you a review of the performance, only numbers of cards etc. What if they're a good ref who just happens to officiate sides who take the piss a lot? In some ways yous expect the 'difficult' teams to get the better refs so the game doesn't fall into disrepute.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 07:46:24 »

I'm sure there used to be a site that had fans ref ratings, and stats of yellow and red cards. Buggered if I can find it

I did find the 'rate the ref' forum, but from a quick glance can only see them listing appointments
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 08:10:29 »

Trevor Kettle is the other name I dread, he loves to brandish a card in the Swindon direction and seems to be generally biased against us.

He retired in the summer

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 08:22:44 »

Kettle's boiled.
Lambo75

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 08:37:59 »

He retired in the summer

That is brilliant news, thank you! I certainly did not know.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 09:25:17 »

I reckon Trevor Kettle is well known by lots of people for the wrong reasons. We don't like him here either.

Remember him doing this?

https://twitter.com/LVbet_com/status/1548637847837724674?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1548637847837724674%7Ctwgr%5E29ff3ed302eb46fa2f50dd17de1a68c4b5d2ec4d%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportbible.com%2Ffootball%2Ftrevor-kettle-referee-league-two-20220718

It takes some balls but it's absolutely the right thing to do. Once the time hits 45:00 with stopages, the whistle goes - wherever the ball is. I'm an ex-referee and so many players and supporters think that a referee should 'let an attack finish before blowing'. And if that attack results in a shot and a save, they'd expect the corner to be played out too. None of that is, of course, in the laws. Part of the reason there is so much of a reaction when a referee doesn't do this, is because so many do. But it's contrary to the laws of the game. That said, I don't think I'd blow my whistle after the ball has left a player's boot/head and is goalbound. If the other side ask if it wasn't past the 45mins, I'd say it wasn't and reset my watch so no time could be seen.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: