Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Open training session  (Read 3244 times)
molepar

Ignore
« on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 10:48:33 »

Anyone going to this? Would be interesting to hear feedback about the nature of the session, morale of the players, any other insights etc.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 10:53:33 »

It’s just a recovery session, non contact etc.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 11:33:48 »

Would have gone but at home with boy who has chicken pox

Just in case anyone was interested…
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 13:13:22 »

We went. A lot of attention on wide play getting the ball into the box. Trying to get as many bodies in the box as possible.

McKirdy strutting around like he owned the place. Trying fancy flicks all the the time. To me, players didn't seem pally with each other.

Lad got autographs. Lewis Ward a true gent. Mildy was excellent as well. McKirdy obviously mobbed and refused to sign a lads spurs shirt - fair play as he's a chelsea fan.

Good morning out though.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 13:20:26 »

We went. A lot of attention on wide play getting the ball into the box. Trying to get as many bodies in the box as possible.

McKirdy strutting around like he owned the place. Trying fancy flicks all the the time. To me, players didn't seem pally with each other.

Lad got autographs. Lewis Ward a true gent. Mildy was excellent as well. McKirdy obviously mobbed and refused to sign a lads spurs shirt - fair play as he's a chelsea fan.

Good morning out though.
Interesting. What was the turnout like? Did the club do good business on food and drink sales etc? Any absentees? In what way did the players not seem pally? Hopefully they will bond as time goes on.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 13:23:52 »

McKirdy obviously mobbed and refused to sign a lads spurs shirt - fair play as he's a chelsea fan.

I'm not sure what's worse. A kid bringing a Spurs shirt and wanting a Swindon player to sign it, or Mckirdy for being a knob and not making the kids day.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 13:36:24 »

Great turn out. The players didn't seem to have any banter but maybe it's too early. Who knows. Club shop did well. I would say about 1500 people.

The spurs lad was about 14. He signed his swindon shirt in his hand though.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 13:46:06 »

See in the limited fan contact I've heard of with McKirdy he's been decent. Ok only twice, and both Batch Jr.

Happy enough to talk and get a photo while playing tennis with Payne and (not sure, could have been wakeling)

Also stopped and asked how they got on once when they were walking back from a C6 game (its community college level, not academy or anywhere near, but they wear Town kits)

Not sure why the sudden downer on McKirdy. He may not have a season like last, bit not really seen his attitude falter.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 13:59:25 »

MarkyTee's young kid got a photo with Gladwin and said "I watched you miss that penalty on TV the other day"

Cheesy
adje

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 14:02:11 »

I'm not sure what's worse. A kid bringing a Spurs shirt and wanting a Swindon player to sign it, or Mckirdy for being a knob and not making the kids day.
The former🙂

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 14:03:19 »

See in the limited fan contact I've heard of with McKirdy he's been decent. Ok only twice, and both Batch Jr.

Happy enough to talk and get a photo while playing tennis with Payne and (not sure, could have been wakeling)

Also stopped and asked how they got on once when they were walking back from a C6 game (its community college level, not academy or anywhere near, but they wear Town kits)

Not sure why the sudden downer on McKirdy. He may not have a season like last, bit really seen his attitude falter.

Worrying trend re McKirdy I agree

Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 14:04:47 »

Not sure why the sudden downer on McKirdy. He may not have a season like last, but rarely seen his attitude falter.

Because collectively as a fanbase we're like Arnold. J. Rimmer in the virtual reality episode of Red Dwarf, where his brain can't accept good things happening so seeks to sabotage it. I can see it ending as a self-fulfilling prophecy where people start to turn on him because of how they percieve his attitude, which in turn effects his confidence/happiness and he ends up fucking off for tuppence in January.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 14:06:23 »

Because collectively as a fanbase we're like Arnold. J. Rimmer in the virtual reality episode of Red Dwarf, where his brain can't accept good things happening so seeks to sabotage it. I can see it ending as a self-fulfilling prophecy where people start to turn on him because of how they percieve his attitude, which in turn effects his confidence/happiness and he ends up fucking off for tuppence in January.
Yes,we need to embrace him. It's in our interest. Don't understand it he was a very high percentage of the reason we got to the play offs. He never gave less than his all and he's never to my knowledge expressed any desire to leave.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 1, 2022, 14:10:51 by adje » Logged

Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 14:31:34 »

McKirdy was brilliant with the fans despite being mobbed. A lot of youngsters look upto him for sure.

He will strutting around during the training with billy big balls.

Oh and he has a shit signature..HK11 and that's it.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 14:34:35 »

Putting on a show for the kids, exactly what I'd expect him to do.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: