Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paris  (Read 1245 times)
Shizzle

Ignore
« on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 09:29:26 »

Good morning everyone,

I’m looking to take the Mrs to Paris for a weekend in November (birthday treat) to have a look at the usual stuff and grab a show. Before I take the plunge of trawling the internet, would anyone know of any combination deals type of thing? You know, Eurostar, hotel, show package. Thanks in advance.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 09:31:23 »

Shrivvy is probably your man here. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to help.

My top tip is if you fancy a sandwich and a coffee, don't get anything anywhere near the rich man's Blackpool Tower, its eye wateringly expensive. (and that was about 10 years ago for me)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 10:41:47 »

We went a few years ago on the Eurostar & stayed in a hotel just up the road from Norwegian corner (if your a cycling fan you’ll know) or near the Joan of Arc statue.

It was a nice hotel, and decently situated, but not cheap.

I’d suggest getting a multi-day metro pass as it makes getting around much easier.
We went in April & the weather was decent so we walked a lot
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 10:44:59 »

Depends on your budget really how much of a tight cunt you are  Cheesy

If it's top end, no need to ask for advice.

If it's low end or just spend thrift then yep, avoid the main cafes restaurants nearby to main landmarks as they'll be at the "ohh look, here comes a tourist" end of the cost. That's a pretty sweeping statement for any large city with a big tourism pull.

"Gay Paris" is one of the pricier capitals but you can do plenty of stuff for free/cheap just by looking rather than doing *ahem*. For example if you want to "see" the Eiffel Tower but don't want to spend €50+ just for a couple to go up the bloody thing...then put that €50 towards a meal after watching the sunset at Montmartre hill. This is where the Sacré-Coeur Basilica is located and gives a stunning view of the Eiffel Tower and Paris; plus it's free!

After your Winter sunset Eiffel view, take a 5min walk back to Custine station and ride to Bosquet; which brings you close to Square Rapp. You'll have another great view of the Tower - being much closer you will get that more imposing sense of feeling. With Eiffel all lit up, a photo opp of the Tower (avec selfie of the Mrs and yourself) checked off and in the beautifully quaint Sq. Rapp, round off the early evening with some nosh by heading to somewhere like the nearby Su Misura. Offering a Starter, Main and Dessert for about €15...yeah ok, it's an Italian Restaurant in Paris but it is ran buy real Italians rather than "Tony" the Albanian (love Albania so no offence to any Albanians named Tony) but it's an absolute bargain and decent food to boot.

Finish off your "Good Books" points by NOT pestering the Mrs for a BJ whilst you dreamily stare at the lit up Tower and Parisian skyline from Champ Mars at the side of the Seine!

Enjoy your Winter trip to Paris Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Shizzle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 10:58:14 »

Perfect, as yes, I’m a tight cunt  Cheesy

Thanks for that. I’ll defo be using your advice.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 13:40:48 »

Perfect, as yes, I’m a tight cunt  Cheesy

Thanks for that. I’ll defo be using your advice.

That's just one "fallback" example. Loads more to do in a similar way in Paris - not just Eiffel Smiley

Nothing wrong with a tight cunt...  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: