Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Moany thread about STFC and the Board  (Read 7899 times)
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 09:01:36 »

Has it been confirmed that Hunt has left?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 09:05:08 »

No, someone just saw his car.

Same with Payne - I guess.

Until any of the following happen I guess there is still a possibility they return.
1. Club announce the contract offers have been declined or rescinded
2. Player announces they have left the club
3. Obligatory shirt / scarf pic of said players at another club
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 09:06:04 »

Bit harsh to claim Wollocott wasn’t first choice keeper. He was for the majority of the season & only got dropped because of his contract situation.

Not a fact, just a theory.

JW played 39 games for us in all competitions before being bombed out... I wonder if his contract triggered an extension after 40games and Garner to Charlton was in the works for a lot longer than we think. Probably nothing in it but it's strange how he couldn't get a look in then signs for Garner at the first opportunity.

*Waits to be shot down and dismissed...  Cheesy*
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 09:10:18 »

Not a fact, just a theory.

JW played 39 games for us in all competitions before being bombed out... I wonder if his contract triggered an extension after 40games and Garner to Charlton was in the works for a lot longer than we think. Probably nothing in it but it's strange how he couldn't get a look in then signs for Garner at the first opportunity.

*Waits to be shot down and dismissed...  Cheesy*

I think the issue I’d have with that is…if we’d have played him and triggered it we’d either have Wollocott under contract for another year or we’d be due a fee for him.

I’ve assumed we had no trigger clause. Offered him a new deal, he declined so we moved on and dropped him *shrugs*

If it was all a plan from Garner to not trigger an extension to then sign him on a free - I’d imagine Clem might have stepped in at some point? It would have been in the clubs best interest to trigger an extension if that option existed
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 09:27:58 »

But that simply is not the case whatsoever. We have vast amounts more experience than this time last year and a striker who scored over 20 goals. I am staggered that it is being classed as an exodus, it really doesn't help

Conroy-Fans are a bit meh about
Akin-Hunt-Egbo- 3 right backs that not one was a regular starter. Egbo you can argue we desperately wanted to keep but the other 2 in no way would have been starters if he stayed
Wollocott- Wasn't even first choice keeper

This whole no experience absolutely staggers me i have to be honest, we have around 6 starters in our team over the age of 25 with so much experience

Still a little concerned at the back, lightweight in midfield and desperately short up front.
I know we will look to bring in at least 4 loans, can only hope they fill the gaps mate.
Just don’t feel we have enough to make a challenge yet. I hope so 🤞

Payne signing though would give me a massive lift.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 09:30:47 »

Hunt is a quality league 2 right back.  Very rarely makes a mistake, never gets injured and allows the right winger to bomb on.   He's never going to rip someone a new one or create many chances but would be an asset to any league 2 team

Like alot of players he's been living away from his family though so may just want to move closer to them.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 09:32:11 »

But that simply is not the case whatsoever. We have vast amounts more experience than this time last year and a striker who scored over 20 goals. I am staggered that it is being classed as an exodus, it really doesn't help

Conroy-Fans are a bit meh about
Akin-Hunt-Egbo- 3 right backs that not one was a regular starter. Egbo you can argue we desperately wanted to keep but the other 2 in no way would have been starters if he stayed
Wollocott- Wasn't even first choice keeper

This whole no experience absolutely staggers me i have to be honest, we have around 6 starters in our team over the age of 25 with so much experience

Do also need to consider the loans that we lost as well mind - Davison and Barry in particular played every game in the run in, Tomlinson, O'Brien also contributed. Sure we'll get more in, but it's not just as simple as the out of contract players.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 09:32:40 »

Quote from: molepar

no, and you can never say never.

But it was given the strong hint that his future lies elsewhere in one of the pods. Can't remember which, or if it was Sandro or Linsey that said it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 09:33:52 »

Quote from: Pookemon
Hunt is a quality league 2 right back.  Very rarely makes a mistake, never gets injured and allows the right winger to bomb on.   He's never going to rip someone a new one or create many chances but would be an asset to any league 2 team

agree there. But he did get injured at just the wrong time last season
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 09:42:47 »

Taking all the emotion out of this.
Reading between the lines didn’t Lindsey say he wanted more width and attacking pace?
Hunt is far more of a full back, compared to a player like KKH who had pace to burn.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 09:45:22 »

…or the right time depending on how much you think Egbo contributed to our late season form
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 09:45:46 »

I think so. it was clear Hunt wasn't really a fit for Garners style either.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 09:49:08 »

Quote from: DiV
…or the right time depending on how much you think Egbo contributed to our late season form

true.

though both played at Harrogate. So maybe playing in front of Hunt would have worked too.

He'd certainly have been a good option for Vale away.

But no point in paying a decent wage to someone who didn't fit the normal system I suppose
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 10:57:27 »

Bit harsh to claim Wollocott wasn’t first choice keeper. He was for the majority of the season & only got dropped because of his contract situation.

I’ve made my point on experience. We don’t lack experience per say but lack game management. We need to add someone with good game management skills whether they are 20 or 32.

Also, the lack of game management may have been down to the manager.
Yeah not the greatest but my main point was we have bought in a replacement and would he have played this season?
Do also need to consider the loans that we lost as well mind - Davison and Barry in particular played every game in the run in, Tomlinson, O'Brien also contributed. Sure we'll get more in, but it's not just as simple as the out of contract players.
Agree we will need good loans which is why i don't get the concern as such yet 
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #44 on: Saturday, July 9, 2022, 11:00:22 »

Rob Hunt played in 37 league games last season.  Conroy 35, AK 35

not as starters all the time.

now we have a much younger and less experienced rear guard (squad) , although shade at least matches last season's totals

that's where the concern comes from.

not unreasonable. but not necessarily  with foundation.

The newbies are unknown quantites. The fears will be gone if they get a couple of good performances in early doors. Same as it ever was.

However I'm really struggling to see where the budget uplift is being applied so far.
You have actually highlighted a reason for going the route we have. Those players did play a healthy amount last year and were a big part in an absolute shit show of a defence tbh. We used the loan perfectly last year and were just unfortunate with the Cooper injury.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: