Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Assistant manager  (Read 4597 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 19:05:28 »

Don’t see what you’re getting at.

My point was that if we have a relationship, of whatever kind, in Karachi it kind of makes sense employing Day as he has knowledge of football in that part of the world.

I don’t know what the fuck you are talking about.

Pakistan is no where near Bangladesh.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 19:08:35 »

Jesus.

I’d imagine managing Bangladesh in international games with surrounding countries is liable to give you a bit more experience than if you’d spent all your life working in the EFL. Ergo any link with Pakistan in type of players, temperament etc is ,ike,y to be a bonus.

There’s some real grindy  fuckers on here
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 19:08:40 »

I mean in fairness is is the same continent.

It would be like hiring Paul Caddis for his knowledge of football in Italy, you know that part of world. Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 19:11:23 »

It’s not about distance, it’s about culture.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 19:17:28 »

Apart from the divide between Hinduism and Islam that's torn their 2 cultures apart. It's not people getting aggy when people continue to post absolute bollocks
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 19:20:07 »

It’s not about distance, it’s about culture.

In that case someone in UK would have knowledge of new Zealand as the culture is similar.

The link between the 2 is tenuous at best they don't even speak the same language.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 19:21:45 »

I think some are being a bit unfair on Aud here. Surely Banglasesh Geographically play other Asian countries like Sri Lanka, India and Pakistan etc and so I don't think what he's saying is that ridiculous.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 19:35:45 »

I think some are being a bit unfair on Aud here. Surely Banglasesh Geographically play other Asian countries like Sri Lanka, India and Pakistan etc and so I don't think what he's saying is that ridiculous.

That may be the case, but Australia's group included Japan, suadi Arabia and China so I don't really see how it helps.

In Europe we have far more cross border high profile comps but very limited interaction in Asia and subcontinent.

I suspect the fact that he is a decent coach and has management experience is the reason for his appointment as assistant manager, rather than the possibility that he may have set foot on a football pitch in Pakistan a couple of times.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 19:51:54 »

Although it actually adds less than you'd think to Audrey's case, I wonder how many having a dig here realise Bangladesh used to be called East Pakistan.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 19:53:53 »

Although it actually adds less than you'd think to Audrey's case, I wonder how many having a dig here realise Bangladesh used to be called East Pakistan.

I did not know this.
Although it changed 51 years ago now.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 20:39:47 »

I don’t know what the fuck you are talking about.

Pakistan is no where near Bangladesh.

To be fair they are both on the Indian subcontinent and there's only a single country between them. But it is India which is fucking massive.

..never go back.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 20:54:33 »

Totally 80% bollocks  Cheesy
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 21:14:28 »

This is more like it TEF

Sod the obsession with Port Vale ticket sales or manager betting odds
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 22:01:05 »

Don’t see what you’re getting at.

My point was that if we have a relationship, of whatever kind, in Karachi it kind of makes sense employing Day as he has knowledge of football in that part of the world.

Racism?

Now, ain't that just like me?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 05:32:28 »

Some of us knew this, there are not many benefits to being around when large parts of the world were coloured pink. And it had nothing to do with the progressive gay movement. Right, now, where is that SAGA brochure.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: