Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play-off games that are of secondary importance  (Read 28397 times)
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 20:40:12 »

Sky commentator just said Darrell Clarke, who got Rovers promoted in National League playoffs, just minutes away from getting to L2 final with Mansfield.  Doh

Well be is from Mansfield I suppose and started his career there, but Nigel Clough looks nothing like him and is right fucking there in front of him. He's a relatively well known, recognisable face isn't he ffs. Even if you haven't done your friggin job properly look at the bench, "on yeah that's Nigel Clough, what was I thinking".

..never go back.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 20:42:07 »

Poor quality game but Mansfield defended well.

On to tomorrow then. Being a Swindon fan i suddenly have a less than positive feeling about it but hopefully we do the job!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 20:46:21 »

Well be is from Mansfield I suppose and started his career there, but Nigel Clough looks nothing like him and is right fucking there in front of him. He's a relatively well known, recognisable face isn't he ffs. Even if you haven't done your friggin job properly look at the bench, "on yeah that's Nigel Clough, what was I thinking".

Think he meant Ollie Clarke of Mansfield, ex-Rovers.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 20:52:50 »

Tonight - and the Championship playoff last night too - I thought the referees either ignored fouls or treated the dirtier sides (Sheff U and Stags) lightly.

Not so different to Sunday.

I'd hope for some protection but if it's not forthcoming, we're going to have to be prepared to scrap hard ourselves and IMPOSE our own game.

dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 21:07:49 »

Think he meant Ollie Clarke of Mansfield, ex-Rovers.

Ollie must have been about 19 or 20 during that season in the conference. It might have been the first season he got any real games under his belt; he can hardly have been said to have "brought them up". Didn't notice he'd pitched up at Mansfield. Thought he'd drifted out of the pro game.

Guessing the commentator had notes that made the link between the two Clarke's both ex Rovers and both involved in that promotion as player and manager potentially meeting at Wembley on opposing sides and then got confused?

..never go back.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 21:24:35 »

Rubbish game, but played in awful weather; but saw nothing to frighten us, should we go through.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 04:09:50 »

Refs are reluctant to make any big decision in case they get it wrong. Sure, these are big games for all clubs in the POs, but just do your job.

No doubt we’ll get the shitty end of the stick tonight, somehow.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #97 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 14:02:30 »

Something did surprise me a little was the size of the play off attendances at Mansfield and Northampton.

Mansfield 7,469
Northampton 7,619

Whereas our first leg was 14,086 so nearly the combined attendance of both those games.

Mansfield think that they will take between 10k and 15k to Wembley (we had 13,132 home fans for the Barrow game) , I would think that if we get there we will reach easily 30k again with the good feeling and extra support this season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 14:05:15 »

Port Vale would sell out the whole thing Cheesy
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 14:07:23 »

Plus 50k in the fanzone outside.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 14:10:41 »

Something did surprise me a little was the size of the play off attendances at Mansfield and Northampton.

Mansfield 7,469
Northampton 7,619

Whereas our first leg was 14,086 so nearly the combined attendance of both those games.

Mansfield think that they will take between 10k and 15k to Wembley (we had 13,132 home fans for the Barrow game) , I would think that if we get there we will reach easily 30k again with the good feeling and extra support this season.
Isn’t that close to their capacities, though?

Not a good look from that lass with chip fat thighs getting up from that grassy knoll when it started raining.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 14:15:42 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 14:12:23 »

Isn’t that close to their capacities, though?

Not a good look from that lass with chip shop thighs getting up from that grassy knoll when it started raining.

Carolyn Radford?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 14:13:21 »

Isn’t she a bit of a MILF?
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 14:15:16 »

Mansfield 7,469
Northampton 7,619

To be fair to Northampton, that's pretty much the capacity of Sixfields, maybe 150 off and even sell outs rarely fill all the seats.

Mansfield had a couple of thousand tickets available though.

..never go back.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 14:15:22 »

Isn’t she a bit of a MILF?

If you like that sort of rubber faced tangerine look I guess so.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: