Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 73207 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 09:40:23 »

If anyone has a multi account and Uncle Cecil isn't going to Burslem, please can you get me an adult away ticket please?! I can drive you up to Stoke and back to Swindon area in exchange and will pay a little extra for the trouble. Thank you.

« Last Edit: Friday, May 13, 2022, 10:30:02 by Gnasher » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Milmo

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 09:47:08 »

Ticket office told me today that it goes on sale to 6 game ticket holders tomorrow
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 09:48:12 »

Ticket office told me today that it goes on sale to 6 game ticket holders tomorrow
Website says otherwise, so who knows!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #453 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 09:55:10 »

From the Vale forum.

Alledgedly Mckirdy calling us pigs .
What a crazy thing for a footballer call oppositions players fans and club that .
Hope karma delivers him a nasty lesson in when to speak and when to keep stump and say nothing .
I cannot remember much abuse laid towards him he after all got paid a years salary for doing the grand sum of nothing .
Let's silence him for good
Some of our support wanted him do well he must ask himself this did he want do well because the proofs in the stats .
Another reason win but lets not turn this into Vale v Mckirdy he is just one of there players lets when we get a corner get Mckirdy back in the Swindon box as surely our defenders should tower above him and head a goal (s)for sure .

If the Vale Players use their Intelligence regarding winding him up mentally and physically on Sunday and that Jonathan Williams as well, we might end up playing against 9 men like at Bristol Rovers

I remember Williams on the Sunderland documentary. Big mardarse

We can win both ties. The away pitch is better for flowing football and that plays into our hands.

It would also help the profile of the club if we knew if Robbie was coming to the match. I also think that Jonathon Wilkes's lad was a young player at Swindon, but I don't know if he is still there.

Fair enough shame he never showed what he as for Swindon for Vale .
I'm going the game so I'm there support Vale not hate Mckirdy so you got that wrong ,I think giving him grieve will aid them so constant support of Vale and our players and ignore him ,he never did it for Vale so I have no respect for him whatsoever and I hope over two legs he is on the losing side on aggregate.

Can we beat Swindon? Of course we can. If we want to go up we will be playing better teams week in week out. All the teams should be beatable in the league 2 play offs if we want to go up. When we lost to Swindon last time out we had 10 men so hopefully this time we keep our discipline.

they are looking at it because we take crap followings there but thats more an incitement of what a dire away trip it is! Expensive, nearly always get beat, meh town, not easy to get to and we've played there most seasons.
We take about 3 times what we take to them as we do to their local rivals (Oxford).

Big club mentality
Their history is terrible
Up,down,admin twice,chairman given prison sentences. Illegal payments to players.
Three point deduction suspended cos they didn't pay their players in June
Here's a bit of history...first Premier league club to be relegated to the bottom dividion
They are as corrupt as they come
Arrogance beyond belief
To be fair, we've done all of that as well, bar having a chairman banged up. If Miller had stayed, we'd probably have got a full house in time
Irony alert.
But we aren't belittling other teams like rival fans do
I can't remember illegal payments to players or having point deductions  suspended for not paying players?
I've always "known my place" as a Vale fan!

We did get kicked out of the league in 1967

We were kicked out of the league for illegal payments to players.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #454 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 10:02:00 »

Also.
I think the reason so many people are going to the return leg is that it is the last home game of the season. Plus there is so much at stake.

I didn't realise that Swindles manager has so little experience. He managed in India,then won 6 out of 33 at Bristol. Let's see how he copes with the pressure of a PO semi final.

Why havent we sold out 2200 away tickets for a playoff semi final? Its a bit embarrasing when we call ourselves one of the 'bigger' clubs in the league. Or do you think people expected not to be able to get a ticket because of the demand and so havent bothered?

All you fans moaning about a loyalty scheme. We don't need one. Can't even sell out a playoff semi final. Embarassing. Not as big as we think.

We sold 1,700 for Swindon on the first day, to season ticket holders only. That's more than I thought we'd take in total for an early kick off on the telly. It's also more than I thought the ticket office could physically sell in a day, must have been a big take up from all the bloody super fans before they went on sale...

I now predict that Swindon away will sell out on Saturday when your average chap can get down there, unless they are closed which wouldn't surprise me.

Does anyone know if there is a significant queue at the ticket office currently with 500 away tickets still being available?

I’ve just driven past Vale and there was a very small queue - 15 a 20?  Anyone who wants a ticket should get one.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 10:05:49 »

Isn’t it right for fans to have a ‘big club’ mentality? Well, bigger than L2 for sure. It’s that mentality that takes 3,500 to Walsall and sustains a large increase in attendance despite getting relegated.

I’ve got nothing agin Vale - I quite like the club - but espousing all this historic nonsense is pointless. No club has much control over who rocks up to own it from time to time.

At this moment in time we are undoubtedly the most transparent club in the land.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 10:11:35 »

First play off appearance in 30 odd years getting to them. Pre match nerve comments. Arses falling out!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 10:15:12 »

I'm relaxed about it, nothing to lose. We are building and weren't necessarily ready to go up this year.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 10:19:19 »

First play off appearance in 30 odd years getting to them. Pre match nerve comments. Arses falling out!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 10:22:09 »

Ticket secured for Vale away. A comfortable lead secured on Sunday to make it a relaxing journey there and back would be lovely! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 10:29:49 »

I notice Vale fans explaining their failure to sell out their allocation at the CG by saying fans would rather attend the second leg at Vale Park.

Bit of a bummer that when they’re 5 down!

They were all 100% convinced it would sell out in hours and not make general sale. So much they camped outside to get tickets.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 10:42:00 »

I'd be a bit pissed off if we didn't have a big club mentality in league fucking two.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 10:46:57 »

Also from One Vale Fan Forum:

I really like McKirdy.

Excellent footballer (his record this year is a joke), doesn't take himself very seriously, adds a bit of needle to every game he plays in. He livens up the barren and bleak league we play in.

He may say cheeky things on Instagram and shush Vale fans when he scores, but I've never understood why people lose their heads so much. If it's one of our players, it's all 'yeah! what a great windup! rent-free!', but as soon as a player so much as glances at the Railway after scoring it's bedlam.

It didn't work for McKirdy with us but by all accounts he's fairly complimentary of the Vale; believe he was pictured with Rudge at the EFL awards. In hindsight I'd have loved to keep him but Clarke is much more of a 'system > individuals' style who seems to favour workrate and discipline over mavericks (McKirdy, Monty, and Manny all left within months of his arrival).

Honestly wish there were more footballers like him. Far more entertaining than lads who refuse to celebrate because they played 4 games for a club on loan 6 years ago, and just tweet 'great win, fans were class' every week.

I'd argue the one thing you don't want to do when you play him is boo him/give him stick. He loves it; thrives off it. It's like a stimulant for him. For all the silly boos he got in the home game, he wound Lucas up into effectively ending his EFL career and then got three assists. Best approach would be to ignore him but football fans have the emotional capacity of a toddler when it comes to opposition grown men shushing them. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 11:02:15 »

They are looking at it because we take crap followings there but thats more an incitement of what a dire away trip it is! Expensive, nearly always get beat, meh town, not easy to get to and we've played there most seasons.

2 motorways and a dual carriageway. And.. its the fucking playoffs.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #464 on: Friday, May 13, 2022, 11:29:36 »

2 motorways and a dual carriageway. And.. its the fucking playoffs.
I think they mean they cant navigate the Magic Roundabout, no other reason as getting to the County Ground is a piece of piss as they say.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: