Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: St. George’s Day.  (Read 2231 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 12:47:33 »

I'm quite shocked no one has made the big brained joke that the Tories would have sent him to Rwanda yet.

I smiled when I first read it tbf.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 12:49:13 »

I smiled when I first read it tbf.

I smiled when I saw people predicting the tweets a day before and then just sighed when I saw the joke about 20 times on the day.

Beyond parody.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 12:51:43 »

What is the point in any St's day?  The green one is a commercial USA enterprise these days.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 12:52:31 »

I smiled when I saw people predicting the tweets a day before and then just sighed when I saw the joke about 20 times on the day.

Beyond parody.

Only 20?! Think I saw it way more!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 13:05:50 »

What is the point in any St's day?  The green one is a commercial USA enterprise these days.

The one where they fly a flag that isn't that of St Patrick. At least we managed to get that part of the day right, the correct flag for the patron saint.

The Irish like us, also have a patron saint from a country they've had historical conflict with (if he was even Turkish, which is debatable) largely sponsored by Arthur Guinness who was staunchly pro-British and even went as far as providing funding for the UVF.

I would hazard a guess that they all have some pretty silly inconsistencies with what is being celebrated, but I know nothing of St Davids Day or St Andrews as they're not my countries day and they don't get much publicity.

Some people can just let people enjoy things they like without their head exploding and feeling the need to get on a sanctimonious high horse about it.

There isn't a nation on this planet that manages to boil piss just by existing quite like the English.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: