Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Monkey Hangers 🐒 v Town preview/matchday thread  (Read 20010 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 19:36:58 »

It does If you have a wealthy owner

Yep and that has been part of the landscape for many years. As mentioned on other threads, there seems to be some inherent reason why STFC has proved to be wholly unattractive to major players. 

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 19:42:18 »

Yep and that has been part of the landscape for many years. As mentioned on other threads, there seems to be some inherent reason why STFC has proved to be wholly unattractive to major players. 

SBC's lack of cooperation over the past 25 years hasn't helped.

So, give no fucks
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 19:52:11 »

Racist

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 20:18:16 »

SBC's lack of cooperation over the past 25 years hasn't helped.

Can you blame them with a plethora of unsavoury and suspect owners with debts all over the place. Their responsibility is to the CT payers of the borough first and foremost.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 20:29:47 »

If the council had given planning permission on suitable land to build a new stadium the opportunities for major investment/wealthy owners would have been endless.

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 20:30:32 »

Newport look destined for League Two Football.
Lost at home again tonight.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 20:32:28 »

If the council had given planning permission on land to build a new stadium the opportunities for major investment/wealthy owners would have been endless.

So many false dawns and promises.
Can only hope that once we own the Ground we can start to become a more progressive club.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 20:33:32 »

Newport look destined for League Two Football.
Lost at home again tonight.

They like our home form so decided to copy us!

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 07:33:55 »

Can't help thinking that because of how patchy Newport have been recently, our feeble defeat to them can be added to the list of avoidable results that would have seen us comfortably in the play offs. That said, Colchester have been on a handy run so it's swings and roundabouts.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 07:40:08 »

As for today, will probably go 2 ways, a simple away victory leading to the Lord Mayor's show on Tuesday night.

Or, as per my prediction, a flat 2-0 defeat, Mckirdy's frustrations boiling over and the referee to say 'vamos' as he flashes the red card.

I was away and didn't watch the Harrogate game, but tuned in for Orient, I'm still away and almost certainly won't watch today based on the Harrogate vibes. Would be great if we could get a win today, love to be proved wrong.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 08:47:28 »

Can't help thinking that because of how patchy Newport have been recently, our feeble defeat to them can be added to the list of avoidable results that would have seen us comfortably in the play offs. That said, Colchester have been on a handy run so it's swings and roundabouts.

Newport defeat was considered that at the time - to lose a game where the opposition have had no shots on target is unforgivable.

There have been plenty like that though, throughout the season mostly home but away aswell.   We've lacked the consistency to get promoted, can beat anyone but also are walkovers at times and cannot beat a team with 9 men let alone 10.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 08:51:56 »

Newport defeat was considered that at the time - to lose a game where the opposition have had no shots on target is unforgivable.

There have been plenty like that though, throughout the season mostly home but away aswell.   We've lacked the consistency to get promoted, can beat anyone but also are walkovers at times and cannot beat a team with 9 men let alone 10.

Ugh that Colchester game, yuk!

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 08:56:18 »

I think we’ll win this afternoon. Even though the POs are looking unlikely I’d like it to go down to the Walsall game just because of the huge number of tickets we’ve already sold.

Those that look likely to make the POs all have tinpot away allocations - so fuck ‘em!
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 09:40:03 »

Don't fancy seeing FGR's 60 fans celebrating promotion.
Oh dear Lord. I never thought of that. The thought sickens me. I may have to reconsider my visit to the County Ground for my penultimate match

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 09:52:55 »

Expect several hundred especially if they don't clinch promotion today.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: