Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harrogate Town vs Swindon Town pre match and match day thread  (Read 22564 times)
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Friday, April 15, 2022, 14:31:20 »

Payne’s not quite on it this afternoon yet.

i was thinking the same thing..really seems to want to force the ball through the players instead of around
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #181 on: Friday, April 15, 2022, 14:31:51 »

i was thinking the same thing..really seems to want to force the ball through the players instead of around
Yes his tocuh is really off today.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #182 on: Friday, April 15, 2022, 14:32:03 »

HT 2-0

Good performance so far.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #183 on: Friday, April 15, 2022, 14:32:38 »

Up there with the best 1st half perfomances this season.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Friday, April 15, 2022, 14:33:51 »

Payne’s not quite on it this afternoon yet.
Again. Poor first half from him.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Friday, April 15, 2022, 14:35:00 »

Could really do with getting our goal difference up today, it might come down to small margins like that for the top 7

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Friday, April 15, 2022, 14:37:43 »

Good performance, and while Barry has the goals, the difference is having a threat with the direct running of Egbo.  In good old fashioned talk, he is getting chalk on his boots as well.  Simple things make a big difference at this level and given the lack of a direct threat in recent weeks, it's a bit odd he hasn't been given a go sooner.

The ability to pass it around with pointless precision now becomes a very useful tool to have in our box.  Starts to grind down the confidence of the opposition - already seen a couple of occasions with one of their players getting a little irate with his team mates after a spell without the ball.

Still look very open through the middle, but they are not much kop.  Once they couldn't just stand off us they looked poor.

One negative, Davison.  His positioning is awful, touch is not much better and finishing is all over the shop.  For all his hard work (and he puts himself about all over the place - see the impact on positioning though) and physical presence, he is such a downgrade on Simpson.  I don't know if Parsons is up to replacing him in that role though, so probably the best we have available.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Friday, April 15, 2022, 14:41:14 »

Great first half.

Seeing the lineup pre match I was a bit disappointed not to see Parsons getting a start alongside Davison, if it’s a goal scorer we needed (watched Parsons slot a couple away nicely for Chippy, hasn’t been given enough of a chance to do that with Town). But Egbo has been a constant danger man (why on earth was he not used last weekend when it’s clear he poses a threat from his cameos so far).

He’s been enabled massively by Davison and Payne in particular occupying the Harrogate defence and leaving Egbo in acres of space on the right. Stuff might not be coming off for either of them but they’re still effecting the game massively. Harrogate comms are highlighting it too.

Keep it up town.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Friday, April 15, 2022, 14:44:38 »

We are our own worst enemies at times.

If ever there was an afternoon for filling the boots then it's today, although I'd expect Harrogate to be tighter in 2nd half after a massive bollocking.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Friday, April 15, 2022, 14:45:01 »

Good performance, and while Barry has the goals, the difference is having a threat with the direct running of Egbo.  In good old fashioned talk, he is getting chalk on his boots as well.  Simple things make a big difference at this level and given the lack of a direct threat in recent weeks, it's a bit odd he hasn't been given a go sooner.

The ability to pass it around with pointless precision now becomes a very useful tool to have in our box.  Starts to grind down the confidence of the opposition - already seen a couple of occasions with one of their players getting a little irate with his team mates after a spell without the ball.

Still look very open through the middle, but they are not much kop.  Once they couldn't just stand off us they looked poor.

One negative, Davison.  His positioning is awful, touch is not much better and finishing is all over the shop.  For all his hard work (and he puts himself about all over the place - see the impact on positioning though) and physical presence, he is such a downgrade on Simpson.  I don't know if Parsons is up to replacing him in that role though, so probably the best we have available.

100% agree with all of the above.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Friday, April 15, 2022, 14:46:40 »

Must say, if Egbo looked half this player on the training ground it's strange we waited so long to contract him.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #191 on: Friday, April 15, 2022, 14:47:20 »

Could do with Tomlinson or Payne/Reed getting some long shots fired into this keeper who can't seem to hold on to anything.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #192 on: Friday, April 15, 2022, 14:47:45 »

Must say, if Egbo looked half this player on the training ground it's strange we waited so long to contract him.
Garner says we signed him as soon as we could get international clearance for him.

Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Friday, April 15, 2022, 14:48:15 »

Could do with Tomlinson or Payne/Reed getting some long shots fired into this keeper who can't seem to hold on to anything.

right on!!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #194 on: Friday, April 15, 2022, 14:51:13 »

Attack from Harrogate but the cross is far too high.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: