Barry - 1 (3.4%)
Davison - 1 (3.4%)
Aguiar - 0 (0%)
Gladwin - 0 (0%)
Mitchell-Lawson - 1 (3.4%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Newport C MoM  (Read 2325 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 15:47:05 »

Crash

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 15:48:18 »

None of em gets my vote. Terrible game.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 16:06:22 »

Williams for me, best of a bad bunch.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 16:27:06 »

None of em gets my vote. Terrible game.

Second this. Any chance of getting a "None" option for future games?

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 16:28:44 »

we weren't fluid and pacey, but we have played far worse in the past.

But I can't really pick a motm, all much a muchness with no standouts
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 16:31:40 »

Wollacott - 5
Punched in first half (strongly mind) when he shouldn't. Should never have come for the ball when they scored. And when he did, he needed to do better.

Hunt - 6
Defended ok, but passing going forward was all over the shop. He's not an attacking defender and showed it today

Conroy - 7
Solid. Saved a goal in the first half.

Baudry - 8
I saw one mistake coming out with the ball in the first half and one awful ball in the second. Thought he played well again. He was caught upfield for the goal, but I think that was when someone (Hunt or Aguiar possibly) turned it over and left him exposed.

Tomlinson - 6
Didn't contribute much at all today.

Reed - 7
Good first half except for laying a goal on a plate (that they fluffed) Didnt influence enough in the second

Iandolo - 6
First half he was really good or really bad. Second half he was more bad than good - but mostly anonymous.

Payne - 5
Poor game. Poor decision making. Diving around and running into players giving the ball away

Barry - 5
Some beautiful turns near the half way line. Should have scored 3 in the first half. Has no composure and makes wrong decisions in the box. 8 outside the box and 2 inside!

Williams - 7
At times he looked awesome. Could have had a couple but keeper made a couple of saves. Why he didnt shoot towards the end and floated a ball in the air I'll never know! Poor decision making.

Davison - 4
Took the offside goal well. Didn't think it was offside. Was utterly shite for the rest of the game though. The only thing worse than his positioning and second touch is his first touch! Tries hard, but not a L2 striker.

Subs:
Aguiar - 4
He did really well when brought on when we were playing well. He rode a wave of confidence. That confidence seems to have disappeared. He is not ready for regular time. Needs to be protected and only brought on when we are in control and winning. Build him up slowly as he is one for the future - Not now! The obvious sub was Egbo for Payne and switch Williams to the middle

JML - 4
Utter dross. Why was he brought on? A second chance to bring Egbo on who attacks with pace, power and physicality. JML did nothing. Not good enough for L2.

Gladwin - 4
Why? JOB for Tomlinson and switch Hunt over to the left was the substitution (because Ebgo should already have been on the pitch) Had 2 chances to show a 'moment of quality' and fluffed his lines. Shouldnt have been on the pitch.

« Last Edit: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 16:34:59 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 18:03:46 »

Defence played well, except one moment of madness at the very end.
Jojo had a quiet afternoon.
Davison lacks football intelligence for me and as for making an impact from the bench. Absolutely woeful. No Egbo just didn’t get that.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 19:12:43 »

I'll get slated for this but I'm thinking Clem doesn't want promotion for Town this season from a financial point of view because he knows he couldn't afford it to keep Town there. Think of all those contractual pay demands that would have to be met to retain players if Town went up.

It's probably one of those scenarios where everyone does want promotion but the club can't afford it, so it makes more financial sense for now to stay in L2...maybe that could explain the quite obvious wrong type of subs. Anyone with 1/80th of a "Football Manager 2001" kind of brian can see they were totally wrong. We've seen it several times this season. I refuse to believe a genuine professional (at an elite level) can make such shit decisions without it being due to other factors. Even Maurice Malpas could make better subs.

We had reason to believe that Sheridan was instructed from above to "not try and keep us up", it's probably an even easier task to conceal an instruction of "we don't want promotion...yet". Don't forget, we were sold the party line of this being a "phoenix season" and "You've got your club back"...all whilst still trying to squeeze as much cash out of the fans pockets - we were being sold an expectation of mid-table mediocrity. Then results happened and because of the averagely shiteness of the division, most clubs would struggle to actually look shit if they could string at least 5 passes together per game and score the odd goal. But I guess that can be "rectified" so long as the next game they all turn up and play like they've only just learnt how to put a plastic cube shaped item into a Shape Sorter. Failing that, just bring some totally random subs that messes with whatever system you were playing. That'll do it!

Oh and Conroy definitely is still not captain material. This needs to change for next season. I'm sorry he just is not a captain and I actually think it has hindered his progress. He did purely inherit it and it shows. I feel sorry for the lad because he doesn't appear to command confidence in his role and post-match interviews also show this - as well as the maturity needed to maintain the role. Throwing ones toys out the pram mid-season is not befitting of a good captain...unless of course, your management team is trying to be creative with the remit they have been set  Hmmm

I bet Audrey's piss has boiled so much that it's finally gone to a state of pyrolysis! Ahh fuck it. Off for a beer!  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 19:19:31 »

Who is Brian?

Need 2 decent CBs for next years' div 4 campaign.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 19:20:57 »

Who is Brian?

Need 2 decent CBs for next years' div 4 campaign.

I had you down as a Monty Python fan tbh Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 22:29:27 »

Quote from: JBZ
Who is Brian?

I'm Brian, and so is my wife.
---++
Bamboo, a conspiracy too far for me. either way we are fucking up an opportunity and as I've said in season's past - this year's performance is no guarantee of next
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 06:59:27 »

Wollacott - 6
Punched in first half (strongly mind) when he shouldn't. Should never have come for the ball when they scored. And when he did, he needed to do better. Made one good save to his right in the second half.

Hunt - 6
Defended ok, but passing going forward was all over the shop. He's not an attacking defender and showed it today

Conroy - 7
Solid. Saved a goal in the first half.

Baudry - 8
I saw one mistake coming out with the ball in the first half and one awful ball in the second. Thought he played well again. He was caught upfield for the goal, but I think that was when someone (Hunt or Aguiar possibly) turned it over and left him exposed.

Tomlinson - 6
Didn't contribute much at all today.

Reed - 7
Good first half except for laying a goal on a plate (that they fluffed) Didnt influence enough in the second

Iandolo - 6
First half he was really good or really bad. Second half he was more bad than good - but mostly anonymous.

Payne - 5
Poor game. Poor decision making. Diving around and running into players giving the ball away

Barry - 5
Some beautiful turns near the half way line. Should have scored 3 in the first half. Has no composure and makes wrong decisions in the box. 8 outside the box and 2 inside!

Williams - 7
At times he looked awesome. Could have had a couple but keeper made a couple of saves. Why he didnt shoot towards the end and floated a ball in the air I'll never know! Poor decision making.

Davison - 4
Took the offside goal well. Didn't think it was offside. Was utterly shite for the rest of the game though. The only thing worse than his positioning and second touch is his first touch! Tries hard, but not a L2 striker.

Subs:
Aguiar - 4
He did really well when brought on when we were playing well. He rode a wave of confidence. That confidence seems to have disappeared. He is not ready for regular time. Needs to be protected and only brought on when we are in control and winning. Build him up slowly as he is one for the future - Not now! The obvious sub was Egbo for Payne and switch Williams to the middle

JML - 4
Utter dross. Why was he brought on? A second chance to bring Egbo on who attacks with pace, power and physicality. JML did nothing. Not good enough for L2.

Gladwin - 4
Why? JOB for Tomlinson and switch Hunt over to the left was the substitution (because Ebgo should already have been on the pitch) Had 2 chances to show a 'moment of quality' and fluffed his lines. Shouldnt have been on the pitch.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 08:12:01 »

about right imo nmh.

baudry did lose the runner for the goal so I'll knock a mark of there. A

But to be honest 0-0 wasn't enough anyway has we dealt with it. when 3 points are up for grabs you need to take them off you want to go up
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 20:22:59 »

None of the above.
Whole lot need a good kick up the arse after that display.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: