Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Newport County pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34742 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, April 7, 2022, 16:04:14 »

If you head to the Bus Station prior,  someone on here will know where you can get some VFM (possibly VD too) and pre-match assistance entertainment  Soapy Tit Wank

Much soapy tit wank$  Huh?

Gotta love the bamboo

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, April 7, 2022, 16:54:09 »

Gotta love the bamboo

I appreciate your assertion on my being as the definitive in a world of many genus of grasses. It heartwarming to read. Thanks for noticing me  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 07:26:55 »

JOB is fine for tomorrow. Gladwin almost there. McGirdy not ready for the Easter games but could be OK after that.

Audrey is fired up and ready to go!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 07:36:55 »

JOB is fine for tomorrow. Gladwin almost there. McGirdy not ready for the Easter games but could be OK after that.

Audrey is fired up and ready to go!

Welcome back, Audrey! Feeling a bit nippy, is it?

I got a bit confused by what the Total Sport guy was saying about McIrdy, so checked the Adver guy's version. He says "not available for tomorrow, but a possibility for the Easter weekend". Better news, if true.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 07:55:16 »

Enough to make your nipples hard, that’s for sure!

Tucked into a chicken Dansak last night plus Kingfisher - blood sugar level zooms up. I’ll have to have a quiet day today - retail therapy in Bath. Oh joy!

Need to be OK for a couple in The Merlin tomorrow.

‘That 90 minutes did them both the world of good and they are much stronger this week. It's the same for Jack Payne and we are all positive. Jake O'Brien is fine now and came back in this week and is back to full strength. Ben Gladwin has had a really good week joining in with the team and has looked good as well. Harry McKirdy has had a good week and it's about progressing him through the stages of rehab. He ticked the boxes quite early but he is working hard and it's a day-by-day process with him.

"Harry isn't available for Easter but I wouldn't rule him out for next weekend and he has a chance."
« Last Edit: Friday, April 8, 2022, 07:58:30 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 08:07:41 »

A season defining game for me, if we don't get the 3 points then season over IMO.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 08:08:01 »

So how are we likely to line up for this crucial game.  Garner has some interesting choices to make. Does he keep the same back 4 as last week, given we didn't concede and Baudry was motm, or bring O'Brien back now that he's recovered from his illness. Reed obviously starts, but who does he leave out to accomodate him? Aguiar or Williams are the most likely candidates. Gladwin also likely to be available, so there are plenty of options and with McKirdy possibly to return for the Harrogate game we will have almost (bar Lyden) a fully fit squad to choose from for the last 6 games of the season,

I think he will start Woolacott, Hunt, Baudry, Conroy, Tomlinson, Reed, Aguiar, Iandolo, Payne, Barry, Davison. Subs Ward, O'Brien, Egbo, Gladwin, Williams, Mitchell-Lawson, Parsons with Odimayo (harsh) and East dropping out of the match day squad.

Thoughts?
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 08:16:57 »

"Harry isn't available for Easter but I wouldn't rule him out for next weekend and he has a chance."

Yeah, that was the confusing bit because Easter is "next weekend".

The Adver guy's version said:

"McKirdy is week-by-week. It's a case of progressing him through the stages of the rehab. He's had a good week and is going well. McKirdy not available for tomorrow but "has a chance" to be back for the Easter weekend."

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 08:21:23 »

A little bit off topic perhaps but what did people think about McKirdy not being at the sponsor's dinner this week as he was at Stamford Bridge to watch Chelsea get thumped in the Champions League? I know that footballers should be allowed time off etc, but surely as a professional player employed by us, and presumably sponsored by people I felt a little disappointed that he wasn't at the CG for it. Perhaps he is going to do something instead for those sponsors but I am not sure he should be treated any differently to the other players. (who I think were all there)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 08:31:18 »

A little bit off topic perhaps but what did people think about McKirdy not being at the sponsor's dinner this week as he was at Stamford Bridge to watch Chelsea get thumped in the Champions League? I know that footballers should be allowed time off etc, but surely as a professional player employed by us, and presumably sponsored by people I felt a little disappointed that he wasn't at the CG for it. Perhaps he is going to do something instead for those sponsors but I am not sure he should be treated any differently to the other players. (who I think were all there)

I thought it was naughty, but I imagine McKirdy is the type of fella that if you don’t let him do what he wants, he will throw his toys out of the pram, so there’s no good in that for anyone.

I think the Chelsea thing was one of the reasons he fell out with Carlisle.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 08:36:01 »

I thought it was naughty, but I imagine McKirdy is the type of fella that if you don’t let him do what he wants, he will throw his toys out of the pram, so there’s no good in that for anyone.

Didn't the trust (who sponsor him) say they gave him the go ahead to go to the game & miss the dinner?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 08:40:57 »

Didn't the trust (who sponsor him) say they gave him the go ahead to go to the game & miss the dinner?

Ah I did actually see that message right enough. I wasn't aware the Trust sponsored him actually so that's probably fair enough.

I thought that as well, but it looks like from what Hyabb said it was all signed off and everyone appears to have been happy enough so looks like a non-story.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 08:48:03 »

Yeah, that was the confusing bit because Easter is "next weekend".

The Adver guy's version said:

"McKirdy is week-by-week. It's a case of progressing him through the stages of the rehab. He's had a good week and is going well. McKirdy not available for tomorrow but "has a chance" to be back for the Easter weekend."

I think everyone knows now that because of the way Garner communicates injury progress, in reality this means, best scenario he is definitely not back for the Easter weekend but has a chance the week after.  So Hartlepool if we are lucky, for a cameo appearance with the hope that he is back available for the FGR game.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 09:33:53 »

Would anyone favour a return to 3 at the back for tomorrow?
Newport play with a 3 I think.
JOB to come back in but Baudry played well at the weekend.
Tomlinson would be freed up to pop up all over the pitch in the nominal LWB role, and an opportunity to give Egbo a go on the other side.

On reflection, probably best to stick with the 4 I guess.
Reed in for Aguiar, JOB in for Baudry the only changes from last time?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #44 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 09:56:08 »

Would anyone favour a return to 3 at the back for tomorrow?
For me its a no but Baudry doesnt really deserve to be dropped after his game last week and JOB always looks more of a threat at attacking set pieces than any other defender we have.

Reed obviously has to return probably in place of the lagging of late Aguiar.

For me though I would go same team as last week but with Reed in for Aguiar, I would not like us to take out an attacking player to bolster the defence at home, I would rather we tried to outscore the opposition rather than keep a clean sheet and hit them on the break.

I would also like to see Egbo given more time than he has so far, he seems big and strong and pacey and we havent really seen enough of his end product but already hes a better attacking option on the right than JML for me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: