Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: World Cup 2022 Draw  (Read 6050 times)
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 21:05:27 »

soapy tit wank. this TV trickery is beyond me. As Jimmy says, Qatar vs Equador must be hands down THE most sh1te WC opening game ever.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 21:08:33 »

we need RobertT to let us know if he got Jenas
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 21:16:20 »

soapy tit wank. this TV trickery is beyond me. As Jimmy says, Qatar vs Equador must be hands down THE most sh1te WC opening game ever.

Yes Yes

So, give no fucks
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 21:41:24 »

Hallelujah Brothers & Sisters. I got Jenas.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 22:44:01 »

WWJD - what would Jesus do
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 23:28:37 »

My son has a cold, no Jean's.

Didn't watch to be honest, so I am no help.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 06:09:59 »

It was one set of presenters for the worldwide broadcast: https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/qatar2022/media-releases/two-former-winners-among-illustrious-assistants-for-qatar-2022-final-draw
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 09:43:57 »

Great draw for us.
Batch, JJ was literally talking to the people drawing the balls; so he must have been the main man. Thought he did really well!
The only thing that puzzles me (as a data nerd) is how they avoided an impossible situation, especially in Pot 4. There were so many combos that couldn't happen; how did they know that, say, half way through Pot 4;  the first 4 were all valid but the 4 left wouldn't fit? I probably need to get a life.

I think the European rule only counted towards the first four groups, so if they couldn't avoid it then the second four groups would be lumbered with too many European countries.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 09:44:58 »

wow ok. cheers

how many brown envelopes did Jenus pay to do that!

he did a great job tbh. but of all the footballers in all the world...
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 10:45:54 »

wow ok. cheers

how many brown envelopes did Jenus pay to do that!

he did a great job tbh. but of all the footballers in all the world...

Did well, apart from his inability to pronounce the eighth letter of the alphabet properly.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 11:01:14 »

Must admit, wasn't a fan of Jenas in his initial co-commentary efforts.
Started off in the thrusting I've got an opinion & I'm going to use it school of punditry, a la the likes of Chris Sutton.

To be fair he has toned it down more recently, maybe the influence of appearing on the Beeb a bit more. Don't know.

Ultimately would much prefer the ditching of all of the cunts in the studio & the endless over analysis in favour of a return to the clipped Queens English approach of a Cholmondley Warner in a Pathe News type delivery.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 11:10:32 »

I was surprised to see Jenas but he was pretty good, professional and seemed to understand how things were supposed to go and in what order etc. I thought the draw was going to last for hours so pleasantly surprised at how smooth it went.

As for England, couldn't have picked a more favourable group in my opinion. Caveat that I don't know how good USA or Iran are but you've got to be happy.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 11:15:22 »

I was surprised to see Jenas but he was pretty good, professional and seemed to understand how things were supposed to go and in what order etc. I thought the draw was going to last for hours so pleasantly surprised at how smooth it went.

As for England, couldn't have picked a more favourable group in my opinion. Caveat that I don't know how good USA or Iran are but you've got to be happy.

It’s definitely a good group but if results go as expected (and I know they don’t always) we’ll have France and Argentina on our side of the knockouts and would have play one of them on quarters.

Obviously again if results go as expected you’ll get tough teams on both sides but I’d fancy our chances more against Spain, Germany, Belgium and Portugal than I do France, Argentina and Brazil
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 11:19:30 »

Jenas as a pundit - meh; but I thought as the main presenter he did a brilliant job; just as good as a professional TV presenter. Which is a lot harder than the real pros make it look.
Pundits; most English ex Players seem to be pretty shit tbh. Shearer is the epitome of this; cant remember him ever saying anything that I couldnt have worked out for myself. Good pundits do exist, when you see one you realise just how pointless most of them are. Cases in point: Thierry Henry, Emma Hayes.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 11:22:23 »

Claire Baldwin & Gabby Yorath No Way
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 11:34:50 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: