Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rochdale v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21213 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 07:53:54 »

The comment from DOB about costs was an interesting one and obviously something that everybody in this country is going to be affected by.

I can't even begin to imagine the annual electricity bill for the floodlights alone, which whilst iconic I suspect aren't overly efficient. I wonder if we might get to a stage where they are turned on as late as physically possible next season to try and save money on what must be an eye-wateringly expensive bill.

When it comes to wage expectations of our better players, it's been alluded to that because of the umbumgo we are limited to paying £1,300 pw. You would expect that to be able to sign players like Wollacott, Reed, Gladwin, Williams etc and keep Jack Payne that there must have been a 'gentleman's agreement or something that they would be guaranteed x if we get promoted, or that they would be welcome to speak to other clubs if we didn't. From memory Gladwin, Parsons and McKirdy are signed up for next season and I would be amazed to see Payne and Reed here next season, they surely have suitors higher up the food chain.

Our Break Even point was already at a very ambitious 9,000 home fans this season. If that number is to be maintained then I fear that given the increase in costs, our budget is going to have to be decreased and that's going to mean wheeling and dealing central. Obviously we aren't the only club that is in the same boat, there are going to be hard decisions made by players who are going to be expecting x but being offered x-a chunk.  
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 08:22:12 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 08:15:27 »

Are you sure it was as high as 9000? That sounds over ambitious, unless that's been adjusted as to actual break even as and when new debts were unearthed.

Good news on the floodlights - can't be cheap but Power had to replace the actual lights bit a while ago as the old ones didn't meet regs. I assume they are at least LED now.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 08:19:43 »

100% this.
If we can’t compete with budgets against clubs that pull in 4,000 crowds then it needs questioning?

Is it better than 12 months ago, million miles better.

It's not the black and white though. It's not a case of "you have more crowds and therefore more money". There's a bunch of different circumstances that affect the revenue a club brings in. Also, if a club is willing to lose money each year and write it off then they will likely spend more than another club, who may have more income, but want to break even.

We're still spending money clearing up the last mess. I do agree in general though, that we should be at the high end of the food chain in this division.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 08:26:43 »

Are you sure it was as high as 9000? That sounds over ambitious, unless that's been adjusted as to actual break even as and when new debts were unearthed.

Good news on the floodlights - can't be cheap but Power had to replace the actual lights bit a while ago as the old ones didn't meet regs. I assume they are at least LED now.

Maybe I am getting muddled re the 9,000 figure. Perhaps that was a target rather than a break even point. I'll have a look back at some of the advisory board minutes. Edit - yeah the 9k was merely a target rather than a break even point, which I am not sure has ever been stated. Apologies for that confusion!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 08:29:47 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 08:28:08 »

I hope they doesn't mean a team of kids/loan kids.

we've had a good mix this season.

Don't forget the cream of the Karachi FC academy as well!

stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 09:23:43 »

Salfords 20/21 accounts have been released. For every £100 of income £143 is spent on wages. Madness.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: