Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rochdale v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20669 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #330 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 17:31:53 »

How disgusting if true and would love any of the idiots to post their reasons on here and to also get banned from the County ground.
Agreed.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 17:47:22 »

song just needs retiring. Mooney isn't Oxford, Mooney was money.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 18:05:39 »

song just needs retiring. Mooney isn't Oxford, Mooney was money.
Maybe you are right: in any case it shouldn’t be about JB in my opinion.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 18:08:54 »

I'm normally quite positive, but not optimistic now. Too many teams above us on good runs, 4 point gap. Think we've blown it, sadly. Would love to be wrong.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 18:11:35 »

There was a time and a place for those sorts of songs. They are in the past.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 18:50:54 »

There was a time and a place for those sorts of songs. They are in the past.

I wouldn’t be too saddened to see this one retired. Certainly rather that than disrespecting the dead.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 19:58:52 »

Another 2 points dropped against another poor side.
Without Reed we only have Conroy who can place decent passes. Unfortunately our midfield lacks that physical presence and game management. Maybe time to reflect that we are where we are.
Simpson is a better footballer than Davison.

We’ve had some challenges and are still in it, next Saturday maybe the must win game.
First 25 minutes today absolutely bossed it but our final ball and thinking was poor.
Barry needs game time, not right that gobshites abuse an 18 year old and maybe should look at the negative impact it has on Young kids wearing the shirt.

What Supporters need to understand they are told to play the way they are set up for. “Get it forward” is not the instruction, thus getting on their backs not right.

Met the players and Management team after the game at Keele services, certainly not throwing the towel in. Good travelling numbers again today.

Loyal Supporters - doing what we do best Supporting. Finally if right that some were signing about Joey Beauchamp then fuck off, brain dead morons.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 20:44:50 »

Another 2 points dropped against another poor side.
Without Reed we only have Conroy who can place decent passes. Unfortunately our midfield lacks that physical presence and game management. Maybe time to reflect that we are where we are.
Simpson is a better footballer than Davison.

We’ve had some challenges and are still in it, next Saturday maybe the must win game.
First 25 minutes today absolutely bossed it but our final ball and thinking was poor.
Barry needs game time, not right that gobshites abuse an 18 year old and maybe should look at the negative impact it has on Young kids wearing the shirt.

What Supporters need to understand they are told to play the way they are set up for. “Get it forward” is not the instruction, thus getting on their backs not right.

Met the players and Management team after the game at Keele services, certainly not throwing the towel in. Good travelling numbers again today.

Loyal Supporters - doing what we do best Supporting. Finally if right that some were signing about Joey Beauchamp then fuck off, brain dead morons.

This 100% - absolute scum and an embarrasment  to the club. Any of you on here sang that you are a cunt and can fuck off.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 20:55:39 »

abusing Barry? He was frustrating at times and I'm sure he knows his final ball wasn't right.

but shouting abuse at him? no.

nothing new, got into an argument of similar manner with Lucas jutkiewicz 15 years ago. I'm sure it's happened before that and will again
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, April 3, 2022, 07:32:37 »

Managed to conquer a chicken tikka naga in the excellent Pavilion restaurant after the game.
A pity that the team were not able to subdue an equally lively opponent on the pitch.

A few head in hand moments.
Could Davison have got to the one that came across the box early in the 2nd half?
Would a more predatory striker have anticipated & been on hand to finish.
Big miss for them as well with shooting straight at JJW.
Also thought that they might have had a pen as well.

Never mind the 2pts dropped at Colchester, we've not won any of the games that Reed was suspended for.
If he comes back & plays like a man possessed in the remaining games then that might be enough to get us where we need to be.

Good turnout yesterday.
Not sure that some fans understand how a football season works.
Turning up & expecting a win every time is fine, picking on certain players when things don't go according to plan is not so good.
The passion either burns itself out eventually or a more considered approach to supporting the team is adopted.

Speaking of which, hopefully the JB song will never get another airing.
Ever.

Over and out & will be meandering back to the City of Culture 2500 shortly.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Sunday, April 3, 2022, 07:37:30 »

Managed to conquer a chicken tikka naga in the excellent Pavilion restaurant after the game.
A pity that the team were not able to subdue an equally lively opponent on the pitch.

A few head in hand moments.
Could Davison have got to the one that came across the box early in the 2nd half?
Would a more predatory striker have anticipated & been on hand to finish.
Big miss for them as well with shooting straight at JJW.
Also thought that they might have had a pen as well.

Never mind the 2pts dropped at Colchester, we've not won any of the games that Reed was suspended for.
If he comes back & plays like a man possessed in the remaining games then that might be enough to get us where we need to be.

Good turnout yesterday.
Not sure that some fans understand how a football season works.
Turning up & expecting a win every time is fine, picking on certain players when things don't go according to plan is not so good.
The passion either burns itself out eventually or a more considered approach to supporting the team is adopted.

Speaking of which, hopefully the JB song will never get another airing.
Ever.

Over and out & will be meandering back to the City of Culture 2500 shortly.

Refreshing summary.
Watched Barry yesterday only feet away and a vocal gobshite hurling abuse directly at him.
Young 18 kid, learning his trade, been out for 3 weeks is that really constructive- just doesn’t wash with me.
I know football is about opinions but sometimes you do think whether some really understand that this is league two.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #341 on: Sunday, April 3, 2022, 09:18:18 »

Unbelievable if a fan was shouting abuse at Barry, just shows the stupidity of some of our fans I guess.

Hes young and raw and has soem touches of absolute brilliance, as you say hes been out for 3 weeks so is not fully fit too, for me hes as good a prospect as KKH.

Youngsters come to us to learn their trade and get game time, you get some good and some bad bits, but look at our whole team, thats pretty much the same for everyone.

We are in L2 because last season we deserved to be relegated, the players are in L2 because that the level they are able to ply their trade at, some due to ability and some due to injury history or consistancy.

Its just a shame that many of our injuries/suspensions seem to have come at such a vital point in the season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Sunday, April 3, 2022, 10:00:25 »

Refreshing summary.
Watched Barry yesterday only feet away and a vocal gobshite hurling abuse directly at him.
Young 18 kid, learning his trade, been out for 3 weeks is that really constructive- just doesn’t wash with me.
I know football is about opinions but sometimes you do think whether some really understand that this is league two.

Therein lies part of the problem. I refer to them as the Carling Sky brain dead. There is so much top flight football on TV now that I feel their perception of the game and the realities of it are skewed and cannot distinguish between what we see live in L2 and what they see on TV.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Sunday, April 3, 2022, 10:31:02 »

There’s a few players in the PL who get regular abuse, too. It seems to a default position for some fans.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Sunday, April 3, 2022, 11:04:45 »

As many have said 2 dropped points against a poor side. Gave Davison the benefit of the doubt for the rebound chance in the first half but he has to score the one flashed across the box by Barry and I thought he could have slid in for the one where Payne dragged it across the box too? Unfortunately, he's just not good enough, on his heels often and tends to watch the defender more than the ball leaving him pretty heavy footed.

Still in the mix but looking harder and harder, McKirdy injury probably the final nail in the coffin but still a chance of sneaking the playoffs.

Was frustrated yesterday at lack of subs, thought it was worth giving Parsons 15 or so and playing a 4-2-4 as they were really poor and there for the taking.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: