Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ticketing Issues  (Read 3718 times)
Shrivvy Road

« on: Tuesday, March 22, 2022, 19:49:52 »

In regards #stfc ticketing what have you found to be the biggest issue you've faced this season? What has been the biggest problem you've faced when purchasing tickets online? What would you like to see in place for next season for example as well

I know we have the other post but just keen to get a few thoughts
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2022, 20:11:06 »

good idea having a new thread.  I replied in Twitter so you know my specific issue

But putting it here, maybe the club can run through our list and try and fix stuff
--------------+--
Today I couldn't buy more than 1 ticket from my account despite others in my friends network (linked accounts)  granting me permission to buy on their behalf (my sons!). we all had enough loyalty points

this has been possible in the past, even when tickets were 'season ticket holders only'. Can only think it's the loyalty points limits that has made it difficult. logic error or system limitation?
---------
it didn't used to be obvious when the phone lines were manned or not (no voice message)

it's not possible to tell if being #1 in the queue will be a 1 minute wait, 1 hour or indefinite pergatory.

no idea if this has been fixed
-------+
when buying multiple tickets from one account and selecting 'post', send all the tickets to the person who paid for them in one envelope. or offer a choice, 'payer or ticket holder'

may be a one off issue for man city game..
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2022, 20:38:37 »

I could buy 2 tickets for 3 season tickets today.

Whole system needs an overhaul - new issuing of season tickets and accounts linked to them. I hate having to constantly log in and out of the ticketing site it is a pain in the arse.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 08:21:52 »

Firstly the club should not sell away tickets for two games on one day as they simply don’t have the infrastructure to support a seamless process.

The network site 3 times this season has failed, thus for Supporters like myself that live far away it didn’t allow me to book my lads tickets on the ticket site, on my network. That alone needs fixing.

They should also provide more levels of loyalty points on a scale of over more days to provide a fairer method to reward those Supporters who put in the games. Other clubs do this and more so where we have allocations reduced.

This all needs resolving as a matter of urgency.
Maintaining Customers of paramount importance.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 09:00:00 »

I don't think they needed to start selling Walsall tickets now, could've waited a few weeks.

The ticketing system is just clunky and annoying. Need to find a new ticketing partner, not that I'm sure there's any that are better than Ticketmaster.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 09:49:22 »

I see we have sold out our 543 allocation for the game at Rochdale already.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 09:49:44 »

I must be on the lucky list now, went on to buy tickets for Walsall, requested two, got two next to each other, reassigned the second one to my sons account & paid for them.

All pretty easy & with no issues. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 09:52:18 »

I see we have sold out our 543 allocation for the game at Rochdale already.

That away end holds 3000+ so assume we'll get more!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 10:03:59 »

Would it pay for the club to get it's own bespoke online ticketing system built?
Shouldn't be too difficult for a decent web developer with experience of e commerce sites to knock something up.

Don't know what Ticketmaster charge for maintenance & presumably for database hosting as well.
Going down the bespoke / in house route is not without risk either.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 10:12:39 »

That away end holds 3000+ so assume we'll get more!
Absolutely, they do have plenty of room to sell more.

Oldham took 1,518, Tranmere took 2,000 and Bradford 2,563.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 10:23:03 »

Would it pay for the club to get it's own bespoke online ticketing system built?
Shouldn't be too difficult for a decent web developer with experience of e commerce sites to knock something up.

Don't know what Ticketmaster charge for maintenance & presumably for database hosting as well.
Going down the bespoke / in house route is not without risk either.
absolutely not imo as a software developer (different area tbf)

it's more complicated than it looks, as can be seen now. the time and testing would be prohibited. and maintenance on top.

I suspect the Ticketmaster platform can do what we need it to - at cost.. But you have to give it the right information. no idea if that's us or them in charge of that.

if not, we are special snowflakes. other clubs must have this issue and so we can look at other platforms
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 10:23:56 »

I have kept my own council on our ticketing system this season because…well we all know, where we were. However. I paid over the phone for two tickets to Etc for the DNA and myself at 11 am on the day of the game via club after numerous phone all’s the day or two before because I don’t have the patience to navigate our fucked set up. The young lady at the club was efficient and said our tickets could be collected from the away ticket office. Fine. Except that they had none and no record. The Etc ticket office manager was scathing of our set up, which did take me back a bit but TBF he was not wrong, maybe he could have been diplomatic and said nothing but there you go. In his favour he issued us with Terrance tickets without a fuss and said he’d be in touch with ST to get this sorted. He could have been difficult and made me pay again but he didn’t so that was all good on my part. It comes to something when the other club lets you know how poorly he thinks our club’s ticketing system is run doesn’t it.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 10:54:11 »

absolutely not imo as a software developer (different area tbf)

it's more complicated than it looks, as can be seen now. the time and testing would be prohibited. and maintenance on top.

I suspect the Ticketmaster platform can do what we need it to - at cost.. But you have to give it the right information. no idea if that's us or them in charge of that.

if not, we are special snowflakes. other clubs must have this issue and so we can look at other platforms

Yeah, thought as much when posing the question.

If an online system is playing up then plan B for any company would be to at least have effective customer support in place to deal with phone enquiries promptly.

Don't know if any background music is played when waiting on the phone, but maybe a recording of a Football Phil monologue would help to ease the frustrations of an irate customer.

Seriously though, if the club has aspirations to operate in the Championship then the whole customer facing side of things will need scaling up.

Is customer service a factor in the fan engagement index?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 14:11:23 »

I wondered why tickets for several away games are on sale together, as Duke’s point about not having the capacity to manage that level of demand is a good one.
I assumed it is because they wanted to shift as many of the away tickets as possible before the season tickets for next season go on sale, which I believe the advisory board minutes said would be in April, and of course Easter is in mid April.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 18:02:04 »

I wondered why tickets for several away games are on sale together, as Duke’s point about not having the capacity to manage that level of demand is a good one.
I assumed it is because they wanted to shift as many of the away tickets as possible before the season tickets for next season go on sale, which I believe the advisory board minutes said would be in April, and of course Easter is in mid April.

Get them purchased now to maximise the revenue.
If our play off hopes are dead by the last game, the money and crowd already committed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: