McKirdy - 0 (0%)
Davison - 8 (32%)
Aguiar - 0 (0%)
Mitchell-Lawson - 0 (0%)
Parsons - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley T vs STFC MoM  (Read 2171 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 16:52:33 »

Really angry at that. That looked like a side that thought they were entitled to win without doing the basics. Endlessly wasteful up front, casual and approximate in midfield, downright sloppy in defence. Everyone lost their way in the last half-hour, but special mention for Conroy who was awful throughout, and shouldn't be close to captain. They got what they deserved.

Won't miss football for two weeks. Hope Garner uses the break well.  Crash

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 16:53:14 »

Payne
---
East
------
Everyone else
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 16:53:14 »

Payne by a country mile.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 16:59:23 »

None

Wollacott - Couple of very good saves, but mistake and squarely at fault for the 3rd
Hunt - Struggled with Conroy for the first
O'Brien - Run ragged
Conroy - Kept giving the ball away
Odimayo - Horrible day
East - Poor first half, better in the second. Sacrificed to make us more attacking
Payne - Tried, but noone to work with
McKirdy - Wasteful
Iandolo - Have a good 10 mins when we were in the ascendancy in the second. Poor for the rest of the game
Williams - After the yellow, Crawley kicked him out of the game
Davison - Huffed and puffed first half. Took his goal well. Where was he after that?
Subs:
Aguiar - Gave ball away lots.
Parsons - One good run for JML chance
JML - Miss of the season!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 17:22:32 »

I can see Walacott could have launched it on the third, but surely that starts with Conroy, then onto a lack of marking.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 17:39:05 »

I can see Walacott could have launched it on the third, but surely that starts with Conroy, then onto a lack of making

Agreed, Conroy could quite easily have brought the ball forward and played a long ball, after all
You would expect him to be a better passer of the ball than JoJo.

To be fair to Dion, he saw someone free & tried to pass to them but overhit his pass, to me that was the mistake
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 18:57:58 »

Davison for me. Real handful for the centre half,won loads of free kicks (at last) scored a peach and then set up the best chance of the game. Unfortunately,it fell to JML who really is not a league footballer from what I've seen. Payne second,although by his standards not a great performance I thought.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 19:02:29 »

Davison for me. Real handful for the centre half,won loads of free kicks (at last) scored a peach and then set up the best chance of the game. Unfortunately,it fell to JML who really is not a league footballer from what I've seen. Payne second,although by his standards not a great performance I thought.

I was gonna post something similar about Davison and Payne.  I don't agree about JML though. Although he didn't play well today, he did last week, imo. There's a player in there, whether we get it out of him before the season's end remains to be seen.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 20:01:10 »

None for me, all under performed.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 20:08:10 »

He took his goal well. For the JML chance, it was a defence splitting ball from McKirdy to Parsons. It was an excellent cross from Parsons to Davison. Davison started to try to take it past the keeper and sidefooted it to JML. JML, rather than blasting, or taking a touch played a weak pass towards the goal which was easily clearable.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 21, 2022, 09:57:07 »

I thought Jack Payne was somewhere near back to his best on Saturday, always busy and everything good went through him. Josh Davison played the target man role very well, at times coming deep into midfield to get involved and use the ball intelligently.

Not sure if it was a knee-jerk reaction from Saturday but I didn't actually think we were as bad as people on here are making out. Our defence at times is a calamity but we looked really dangerous and on another day would have won that game easily. Maybe I'm trying to look more positively than realistically.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 21, 2022, 10:19:18 »

my view was not good thought up front, not good enough at back, long period of looking ok.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 21, 2022, 10:33:41 »

my view was not good thought up front, not good enough at back, long period of looking ok.

We've not been good enough at the back most of the season unfortunately. I thought up front we created better chances than in previous games but just not clinical enough. McKirdy and JML missed absolute sitters that would have meant we would have taken at least a point.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 21, 2022, 10:38:17 »

It was one of those games where had Williams scored at 0-0 or Mckirdy/Davision scored at 1-1 we would have been the ones to have won 3-1.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: