Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Run In/Business End  (Read 41916 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, April 30, 2022, 20:21:18 »

No, because selfishly I'd like a chance to get a ticket and that won't happen at Rovers.

Spot on we would get around 700 at their place which wouldn't be snapped up by season ticket holders and they would be allocated around 2500 at ours😡

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, April 30, 2022, 21:39:08 »

If we do make the play offs - is there anything stopping the club from only giving the away side the corner of the Arkells stand, and using the Bank for home fans? Regardless of who the opposition may be.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 30, 2022, 22:03:08 by Quagmire » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, April 30, 2022, 21:44:42 »

If we do make the play offs - is there anything stopping the club from only giving the away side the corner of the park Arkells stand, and using the Bank for home fans? Regardless of who the opposition may be.

Assume it would be like a cup game and the minimum we could give is 10% which would be about 1,350ish so not sure the bit in the Arkells would be enough. Unless you could remove the netting and use those seats…

You wouldn’t need to give them the whole bank but then giving away fans a section of the bank and giving home fans the rest brings up a whole lotta other issues and costs with stewards / police.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, April 30, 2022, 22:06:35 »

Assume it would be like a cup game and the minimum we could give is 10% which would be about 1,350ish so not sure the bit in the Arkells would be enough. Unless you could remove the netting and use those seats…

You wouldn’t need to give them the whole bank but then giving away fans a section of the bank and giving home fans the rest brings up a whole lotta other issues and costs with stewards / police.

After a quick Google, you are bang on.

3.3 The Visiting Club shall have the right to claim 2,000 tickets for use by its supporters (or such number as represents 10% of all tickets reserved or otherwise sold in advance, if less than 2,000).
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 01:19:40 »

After a quick Google, you are bang on.

If I'm counting dots correctly and the dots correctly correspond to reality, there are 1,200 seats in the away corner of the Arkells... I can't see how the Bank could be policed safely with mixed fans in there so we'll most likely have to give up the Bank to facilitate but then I question how we were able to get away with filling the Bank today? Offered and not taken perhaps?

* Screenshot 2022-04-30 at 21.45.30.png (505 KB, 1486x1208 - viewed 82 times.)
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 01:24:49 by Formerly Drummer Boy » Logged

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 06:41:22 »

If we do make the play offs - is there anything stopping the club from only giving the away side the corner of the Arkells stand, and using the Bank for home fans? Regardless of who the opposition may be.

Good shout.
That was great seeing the Bank full of Swindon fans yesterday.
Made a difference.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #306 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 07:13:40 »

Good shout.
That was great seeing the Bank full of Swindon fans yesterday.
Made a difference.
Absolutely this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 08:28:15 »

If I'm counting dots correctly and the dots correctly correspond to reality, there are 1,200 seats in the away corner of the Arkells... I can't see how the Bank could be policed safely with mixed fans in there so we'll most likely have to give up the Bank to facilitate but then I question how we were able to get away with filling the Bank today? Offered and not taken perhaps?

Long time since I’ve been in the Arkells but is there any legal reason why we couldn’t move the netting. Block the door off (as I assume the doors around that block would lead to the home concourse) and just have a smaller gap / a entire line of police / stewards along the divide. That would take us past the 10% and leave the bank completely free for home fans.

I’d imagine the extra stewarding costs would be more than offset by the extra tickets we could sell.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 10:03:24 »

Maybe police advice would be getting Swindon fans out and past away fans in the Arkells would be problematic.

Only Vale, out of the other PO contenders, have a respectable capacity for away fans.

The others are tinpot so why give them any advantage at ours - in the event of us qualifying, of course.

We wouldn’t lose out on money as I’d expect home fans would sell out the Bank.

Bollocks to ‘em.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 10:26:41 »

Maybe police advice would be getting Swindon fans out and past away fans in the Arkells would be problematic.

Only Vale, out of the other PO contenders, have a respectable capacity for away fans.

The others are tinpot so why give them any advantage at ours - in the event of us qualifying, of course.

Bollocks to ‘em.

On the subject of money, I think the gate receipts are split between clubs and the EFL. So although giving any away team the Arkells and bank if they had the following we’d not get the full cash benefit anyway.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 10:37:52 »

Bollocks to ‘em.

Would any, other than Rovers, need the Bank anyway?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 10:46:35 »

Apart from Sutton, I’d say yes - all of them.

I can see us v Mansfield. Another chance to put one over Clough in the POs.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 10:49:14 »

Bollocks to ‘em.

Isn't Mansfield's away end petty big, too?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 10:55:57 »

Isn't Mansfield's away end petty big, too?

1600+ from memory

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 11:07:45 »

According to footballgroundguide.com - away capacity for the teams in and around the play offs are:

Bristol Rovers - 1000
Mansfield - 1800
Northampton - 1200
Port Vale - 4500
Salford - 1200
Sutton - No Number Given
Tranmere - 2500
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: