Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Run In/Business End  (Read 41792 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 10:27:08 »

I was going to put this in the Sutton MDT, but it possibly is slightly off topic so maybe worth it's own thread.

The league is as tight as you can get, from 2nd - 10th are separated by 7 points so each and every one of these teams are now in a right battle for automatic promotion and to get into the play-offs. Out of the promotion chasing sides we only have Sutton, FGR and Newport at home, which looking at both opponents form you would fancy us to get the points. I haven't looked too far ahead but looking just at Tuesday, when we play Sutton, Port Vale are at home to Mansfield and therefore if we can get the 3 points can extend our points advantage over those sides. The fixtures that matter tomorrow are;

Bristol R v Colchester - unfortunately think Rovers win this. Colchester are merde/murder.
Carlisle v Newport - Carlisle under Simpson are a different beast. Think they will take at least a point.
Exeter v Crawley - Home win sadly.
FGR v Orient - Wellens to do us a favour? Not convinced but they might get a point.
Vale v Mansfield - Really tough to call, think a draw.
Stevenage v Northampton - Stevenage are dreadful but the Cobblers are wobbling a little, shock home win.
Tranmere v Harrogate - Harrogate going through the motions at the moment, simple home win for Tranmere.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 14, 2022, 10:38:58 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 10:29:25 »

We still have to play Newport at home!

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 10:39:30 »

We still have to play Newport at home!

That'll teach me not to look at our fixtures Jimmy! Thanks for that, I have edited the initial post.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 10:41:28 »

That'll teach me not to look at our fixtures Jimmy! Thanks for that, I have edited the initial post.

I wasn't putting you down Bob! I was thinking about potential 11,000 - 12,000+ crowds we could possibly get and realised Newport could be one if we stay in the mix.

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 10:45:06 »

I’ll be back for this one!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 10:48:17 »

I wasn't putting you down Bob! I was thinking about potential 11,000 - 12,000+ crowds we could possibly get and realised Newport could be one if we stay in the mix.

I know you weren't fella. Perfectly fair to correct the posts and appreciate it. I reckon that's probably our toughest home game left, Newport are a good side and they will bring a decent following i'd imagine.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 11:09:37 »

FGR have 3 points and 0 wins from last 6. Surely they won't bottle it...

it feels like Rovers are coming in strong, and they are. But they only have 1 point more than us last 6.

it's all tighter than a nuns chuff
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 11:21:26 »

FGR have 3 points and 0 wins from last 6. Surely they won't bottle it...

it feels like Rovers are coming in strong, and they are. But they only have 1 point more than us last 6.

it's all tighter than a nuns chuff
I am not sure about FGR I think they are perrenial bottlers and can't take the pressure, I have a feeling they will probably still go up but not as champions, they have gone to pot lately.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 11:52:26 »

I am not sure about FGR I think they are perrenial bottlers and can't take the pressure, I have a feeling they will probably still go up but not as champions, they have gone to pot lately.

Until next weekend when they miraculously pick up form again.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 10:32:22 »

The chasing pack are all very inconsistent at the moment though. They've got enough of a gap to get up. Fancy Rovers join them given their current form (who'd have thought!). Our injuries will hinder us which is a massive shame as I think with a fully fit Tomlinson, Cooper & Barry we could have made a push for the top 3
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 10:39:50 »

The chasing pack are all very inconsistent at the moment though. They've got enough of a gap to get up. Fancy Rovers join them given their current form (who'd have thought!). Our injuries will hinder us which is a massive shame as I think with a fully fit Tomlinson, Cooper & Barry we could have made a push for the top 3
I fear Rovers too they have hit a rich vein of form (results if not performances) and there is always one team that does that and ends up in the autos after a great run in, if they carry on they could even catch the Vegans.

I agree, with Cooper, Tomlinson and Barry we could be challenging for the autos but the injuries seem to have hit us hard at a bad time of the season and with little chance any will return to fitness before the end of the season apparently.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 11:55:11 »

I fear Rovers too they have hit a rich vein of form (results if not performances) and there is always one team that does that and ends up in the autos after a great run in, if they carry on they could even catch the Vegans.

I agree, with Cooper, Tomlinson and Barry we could be challenging for the autos but the injuries seem to have hit us hard at a bad time of the season and with little chance any will return to fitness before the end of the season apparently.

Rovers will falter. They've hit form too early and will not sustain it for the remainder of the season. Well here's hoping..
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 11:58:02 »

They've got a harder run in than us. Northampton, Port Vale, Tranmere, Bradford, Salford and FGR

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 12:03:04 »

They've got a harder run in than us. Northampton, Port Vale, Tranmere, Bradford, Salford and FGR

We might want them to take a point here and there from that run though, rather than totally falling off.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 12:03:57 »

We might want them to take a point here and there from that run though, rather than totally falling off.

Yes a few draws maybe quite handy.

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: