Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Oldham Athletic pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 38567 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 21:59:37 »

It was heaving this weekend, busier than when they trialled it v Salford. I couldn’t get a beer as forgot to bring cash but went for a fag and it was a nice way to break up half-time

At one point when I saw the caged off area I did wonder if they were going to announce a new club mascot in the shape of a goat or re-enact a scene from Jurassic park of a goat being verbally abused by a dinosaur… I then remembered we got rid of that particular dinosaur last year
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 22:04:17 »

Lippy Oldham bloke walking back to his car nearly got his block knocked off by two or three rather big, angry looking Town fans.

Was that the handbags outside the CG hotel I saw?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 22:51:11 »

Got one. I only smoke cigarettes nowadays when I’m doing something sociable
Actually, when you are smoking, you are doing something 'anti-social'.

Sorry, no tolerance for it these days, especially when there has been a pandemic for the last 2 years that affects the respiratory system. Pure lunacy to continue smoking through that imho.

I know its hard to stop, but there is a thread on here all about it - Allen Garr's Easy Way is your best friend (although you obviously don't know it yet).

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Diesel

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 08:23:41 »

Was that the handbags outside the CG hotel I saw?

Seemed to start to rear of Town End and progressed through car park to grassy bit with fixture hoarding on it. Oldham bloke then crossed road and walked down Fleming way. Probably not same incident.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 09:33:12 »

not read back yet but 38 pages to get my teeth into today!!

Interesting game on Saturday that very nearly fell into the frustrating category. Again we had a lot of possession of the ball without really troubling the Oldham keeper too much. I thought Oldham looked very shaky first half, some of their defending were miskicks and shanking the ball, often just not quite falling for us. We worked hard and Reed and Payne did their best but we just couldn't create anything clear cut. Second half was a bit more of the same but Egbo came on as a right sided attacking midfielder and looks a very competent footballer. We pushed more men forward and it looked to be fizzling out for a draw until the late free kick which was superbly put in by Iandolo and headed in at the back post by Conroy. The team and his individual celebration said it all really!

Overall I thought we played quite well without ever really looking that dangerous. Oldham were like Swindon of last season, very little redeeming features, allowing us to have the ball and just kick anything that moved. Had they got a point, it wouldn't have been a travesty per se, but we would have been massively disappointed. Great to see Payne starting and get 60 minutes, although he faded in the second half so was rightly taken off. Conroy was excellent, Oldham are the teams he looks fantastic against, no press and hardly any defending to do at all. His range of passing always good. Reed was Reed. I was a little disappointed in Aguiar, perhaps he needs a bit of a break as he looked a little tired and not a lot came off for him. Davison worked hard as always and I think will be pleased to have Harry back alongside him for future games. (and hopefully Barry in the not too distant future) Liked the look of Egbo, reckon he'll be an asset for the run-in.

Glad to get the John Sheridan circus out of the way and a last minute win against him so sweet. Doubt he'll be in the dug out at the County Ground again so quite a fitting picture of him putting his middle finger up to the fans in the arkells!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 09:35:16 »

Last words for Mandela Egbo. He looked delighted with the Winnie on Saturday and I thought he tore Oldham apartheid.

Apologies.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 09:35:30 »

Just the wellens circus to come hopefully without the hysterics of Sheriden!

So, give no fucks
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 10:04:05 »

Settled for the draw.

Gutted for the big gang of new youngins that left early.

Nice bit of justice for Sheridactyl...nothing against Oldham but we just had to win and the manner of which it came was fantastic.

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 10:08:32 »

Cracking goal from Dion Conroy and a way to shut up the boo boys but he was buzzing after the game as put one over on Sheridactyl.

What did you cook for him DOB?

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 10:10:55 »

What did you cook for him DOB?

Cheesy
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 10:20:35 »

Seemed to start to rear of Town End and progressed through car park to grassy bit with fixture hoarding on it. Oldham bloke then crossed road and walked down Fleming way. Probably not same incident.

That's my route. Missed all of it.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 11:24:03 »

Did the scarf thing work?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 12:19:20 »

Quote from: Sippo
Did the scarf thing work?

not from there I was sitting. a bit spread out with those doing it
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 12:58:42 »

Last words for Mandela Egbo. He looked delighted with the Winnie on Saturday and I thought he tore Oldham apartheid.

Apologies.

How long did these take to think up ?  Cheesy
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 13:05:16 »

Less than 10 seconds at a guess  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: