Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Oldham Athletic pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 38587 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 17:16:03 »

Bahamboula was hilariously bad. Genuinely had Bennett and I in stitches with some of his shots/passes/crosses (struggled to tell which was which). And that attempted rabona… 🤣
He was rubbish for us in preseason when on trial. You could see there was a bit about him, but a lot of rough edges. Yesterday, the commentators were mentioning about him being dead on his feet or possibly injured. But then he'd get the ball and run. Basically, one of those players who puts effort in periodically - Flatters to deceive.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 17:21:04 »

Beardy probably couldn't catch me and I'm nearly 52 and 17st. A chant did go his way. Didn't see anything outside afterwards either.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 17:29:53 »

I love how we all see games so differently.
The tempo is often lacking with little movement and creativity in midfield.
Often we are static and the two best passers of the ball we have are Reed and Conroy. Both yesterday were immense and Conroy faultless throughout and as Oldham went deeper he had a licence to move up the field, Garner played that just right.
Davison and Ricky A were struggling, JML was dead on his feet and Williams will always give you the energy and that went missing when Payne went off.
Garner shuffled the pack, Egbo pushed forward and we created more on the right than we have for a fair few games which bodes well. Since KKH has left we have a huge void here.

Bare bones and McKirdy to come back.
6 points from 9 with 3 tough games. Said last week that Bradford will take points from the top sides, yesterday a great win for them.
Any team can beat another in this league, all about us and Tuesday now.

What level did you play at ‘mate’?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 17:40:15 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
Wouldn’t mind Bahamboula. Doesn’t suit him being in a relegation threatened side. Looked dangerous at times - albeit a touch of the show pony about him.

I thought he was quite good in that he ran at us and no fucker would/could tackle him.

But he did look fucked pretty quickly and has absolutely no end product. Oldham fans I saw on Twitter think he's shite too
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 17:42:17 »

Didn't see anything outside afterwards either.
Something went on as police and stewards headed towards the but of grass the fixtures sign is on.

no idea what but I suggest not much, apologies if it's been mentioned in the thread. (edit. just found the post, no more detail than that)
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 17:51:01 »

Wouldn’t mind Bahamboula. Doesn’t suit him being in a relegation threatened side. Looked dangerous at times - albeit a touch of the show pony about him.
Was on trial with us pre season before last. Played in the Coventry 2-1 pre season win. Obviously we weren't impressed
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 18:02:17 »

The townend bar appeared very popular and probably a good money spinner for the club so I hope it stays. It was quite literally a horse box as people have said!
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 18:58:31 »

The townend bar appeared very popular and probably a good money spinner for the club so I hope it stays. It was quite literally a horse box as people have said!

It was heaving this weekend, busier than when they trialled it v Salford. I couldn’t get a beer as forgot to bring cash but went for a fag and it was a nice way to break up half-time
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 19:01:20 »

You can afford to smoke😀

So, give no fucks
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 20:11:32 »

You can afford to smoke😀

Nope 😉
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 20:14:29 »

Nope 😉

Get one of those Vape things!

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 20:32:08 »

Saw that too, Jesus he had all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.

But no, something else was going on. Saw a bunch of security leg it out of the left hand (from the Town End) exit. Plod drove in that direction too just after

They were off to inflate the giant Dinosaur blimp of course  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Diesel

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 21:17:02 »

Something went on as police and stewards headed towards the but of grass the fixtures sign is on.

no idea what but I suggest not much, apologies if it's been mentioned in the thread. (edit. just found the post, no more detail than that)

Lippy Oldham bloke walking back to his car nearly got his block knocked off by two or three rather big, angry looking Town fans.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 21:33:49 »

cheers diesel
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 21:53:19 »

Get one of those Vape things!

Got one. I only smoke cigarettes nowadays when I’m doing something sociable
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40   Go Up
Print