Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rip It Up Again S2 E4: All About Döppelgangers  (Read 1508 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 19:06:17 »

***Rip It Up Again E4 Survey***

The survey is back for this episode where we are talking all about...döppelgangers!

A fun and short survey which will be great if you can take the time to answer

https://ju9gjjjmui5.typeform.com/to/IlON9F3U

Your responses are always appreciated and may be used as part of the show!

Milo & Kev
Rip It Up Again

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 22:01:30 »

Dennis Pennis.

Do you have a link to the pronouns podcast you did please mate? Not sure if you posted it or not
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 22:08:56 »

Dennis Pennis.

Do you have a link to the pronouns podcast you did please mate? Not sure if you posted it or not

Ha! Nice! That's not one that comes up (no pun) every day!

Yeah, I'll drop on the other thread mate. Unless it's on there already Thumb

Edit:

Here you go pal!

Rip It Up Again S2 E1: Writing, Football & Pronouns ft. Seth Burkett

Decent one this for any football fans. Even if some might not agree with or want to understand the main topic discussed, it was definitely important we approached it in the landscape of evolving language and adapting to new approaches in human preference. Footballing communities in particular often tend to lag behind in changes of attitudes (on and off the field) so a worthwhile watch.

Once again, thanks for the input from some of you on here; very much appreciated.

Top lad is Seth, he has written some cracking football based non-fiction. He's previously been shortlisted for Football Book of the Year and William Hill Sports Book of the Year.

Come and join us as we talk with Seth, the first English footballer to play professional football in Brazil

« Last Edit: Friday, March 4, 2022, 22:11:55 by bamboohoomyavatar » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 16:49:48 »

Half listened to it while drifting off last night and properly listened this morning, great stuff. You read out one of my comments (I won’t say which but it wasn’t the Grimsby one 😘). Out of curiosity, why was your co-host so reluctant to answer the question about pronouns? Not that I blame him at all if he was genuinely worried about being cancelled for holding an unpopular point of view
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 17:37:15 »

Half listened to it while drifting off last night and properly listened this morning, great stuff. You read out one of my comments (I won’t say which but it wasn’t the Grimsby one 😘). Out of curiosity, why was your co-host so reluctant to answer the question about pronouns? Not that I blame him at all if he was genuinely worried about being cancelled for holding an unpopular point of view

Cheers Hunk and thanks for your input.

I can't speak for him in full but we've had conversations previously about how the angle of speaking publicly when you're a host or keynote etc. can lead to becoming more cautious in what is said. In part due to possibly getting something wrong and/or inadvertently offending someone.

In this case I would say it was partially down to it being quite a complex topic where people are still understanding different/new terminology. It would be quite easy to get something wrong unintentionally via misinterpretation. He's also appearing in some live performances soon so I think he just "played safe".

We are all constantly evolving within some new language and in time as Seth mentions, it's likely all of those terms (and more) will become part of general everyday language.

I think it was a great call to combine this topic of "gender pronouns" with an author. Although sexuality/sexual preference is a totally different topic, there are links and crossovers so it made great sense to also have an author who had ghost written a book with someone and about people who have been marginalised in society; especially in more slowly accepting/adapting sports such as football Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 18:26:44 »

Cheers Hunk and thanks for your input.

I can't speak for him in full but we've had conversations previously about how the angle of speaking publicly when you're a host or keynote etc. can lead to becoming more cautious in what is said. In part due to possibly getting something wrong and/or inadvertently offending someone.

In this case I would say it was partially down to it being quite a complex topic where people are still understanding different/new terminology. It would be quite easy to get something wrong unintentionally via misinterpretation. He's also appearing in some live performances soon so I think he just "played safe".

We are all constantly evolving within some new language and in time as Seth mentions, it's likely all of those terms (and more) will become part of general everyday language.

I think it was a great call to combine this topic of "gender pronouns" with an author. Although sexuality/sexual preference is a totally different topic, there are links and crossovers so it made great sense to also have an author who had ghost written a book with someone and about people who have been marginalised in society; especially in more slowly accepting/adapting sports such as football Smiley

Completely understand why, from his point of view, he would want to play it safe if he’s in the public eye. But i think it’s sad that he’d be scared to say something perceived as ‘wrong’ defined as such simply because it might not meet consensus. Consensus isn’t always correct and so deviating from it shouldn’t necessarily be considered ‘wrong’. Hope that makes sense. I’m not lamenting his reticence for putting forward his opinion as he sees it, in the current ‘us v them and no grey area’ atmosphere of intellectual discourse which I consider to be prevalent I’d be the same if I had something to lose. More so the unfair pressures that might make him reticent.

Slightly ramble prone due to abv % consumed this afternoon. I may have just typed a load of shit. Felt right at the time though
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: