Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford City vs Swindon Town pre match and match day thread  (Read 30012 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 10:56:00 »

What about Barrie ? Any news ??
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 10:59:26 »

What about Barrie ? Any news ??
Said to be 5 to 6 weeks out.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 11:11:53 »

Bradford 1-3 Swindon att: 15,122 (583 away)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 11:32:11 »

Bollocks - I missed this. Whats the injury ??
Peter Venkman

« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 11:43:00 »

Bollocks - I missed this. Whats the injury ??
No idea mate, just from this post.

I was told last night at the sponsors evening that Barry is out for 5/6 weeks

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 11:49:32 »

The Bradford fans seem a right wrist-slashing lot - still worried about relegation!

I like them as a club and don’t deserve the succession of tosspot managers and wanky recruitment. About time they were on the rise.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 12:02:11 »

The Bradford fans seem a right wrist-slashing lot - still worried about relegation!

I like them as a club and don’t deserve the succession of tosspot managers and wanky recruitment. About time they were on the rise.
Yes their fanbase is a lot like ours in that respect!

They seem a decent bunch even though they got the hump over the Doyle transfer saga a couple of years ago.

Lets hope they can get back up the table but not until after tomorrows game, lets give them a hiding first.

I know they have subsidised season tickets but to average 14k in L2 still takes some doing, especially with the dross they have been served up over the years recently. They have had 3 attendances over 16,500 and one of those just over 17,500 for the first game of the season.

Their top scorer Andy Cook (10 goals) looked pretty handy in the home game against them when they stuffed us 3-1 despite not looking a good team and doing a few smash and grab goals against us despite us controlling the game posession wise with 75% in the home game.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 12:04:42 »

A workmate is a season ticket holder at Bradford. He's not optimistic about tomorrow  Smiley
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 14:25:52 »

Seems we may have another Grant situation going on with Conroy.

Hopefully, barring any injuries.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 15:38:25 »

Fancy us to get 3 points tomorrow, having had no midweek game. 2-1 win with Davison and Payne scoring. With 6 of the top 9 playing each other, we could well be in the automatic places if we then go and win at Exeter on Tuesday. A tall order, but on our day we can outplay any team in this league, particularly away from home.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #25 on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 16:18:02 »

Seems we may have another Grant situation going on with Conroy.
TBF at least Grant sat on the bench. Seems Conroy is either a play or nothing kind of guy
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 17:20:51 »

TBF at least Grant sat on the bench. Seems Conroy is either a play or nothing kind of guy

Conroy is an interesting one isn't it. He's club captain so you can imagine his chagrin about being dropped/replaced by 2 loanees. There has been these rumours of him throwing toys out of the pram when dropped or not picked and if true that can't be good for morale etc and also not great for management who ultimately pick the team and should be respected and not undermined.

In my eyes Conroy deserved to be dropped and O'brien and Cooper are our best centre halves currently.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 17:41:14 »

Looking at Conroy’s insta stories he’s not travelled to Bradford with the squad.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 17:47:44 »

Conroy is an interesting one isn't it. He's club captain so you can imagine his chagrin about being dropped/replaced by 2 loanees. There has been these rumours of him throwing toys out of the pram when dropped or not picked and if true that can't be good for morale etc and also not great for management who ultimately pick the team and should be respected and not undermined.

In my eyes Conroy deserved to be dropped and O'brien and Cooper are our best centre halves currently.

You’re not wrong but it’s very short termist.

Yes, Cooper and JOB are the best centre backs at the club but they aren’t ours. Unlikely either will be here next season and we are right back to square one.

I get the loan market and why we use it - but it does is very little favour in the long term.
Of course with contracts hardly ever being longer than 2 years, there is little long termism in contracted players either.

I guess the dilemma is - should we be playing the best two centre halves at the club or should we be making an effort in include a player who maybe not as good actually belongs to us and is more likely to be here next season?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, March 4, 2022, 17:48:15 »

Think I read Garner saying 2/3 weeks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: