Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Salford pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 23424 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Sunday, February 27, 2022, 07:56:11 »

Having taken time to reflect on yesterday’s game I’m still absolutely gutted.  Another guilt edged opportunity to close the gap on the leaders and once again we blow it.  Can’t agree Salford we’re a better side than Walsall, just a different set up.  Walsall gave us space and room to run into, Salford played the game most lower clubs play, park the bus and wait for us to make a mistake and make us pay.   Why oh why can we not beat these teams,  games like this bore the shit out of me.  Some on here praising Salfords play,  I thought they were just bang on average.  Got to get back to winning ways,  just hope we don’t get the Bradford City ‘new manager bounce’ after their result yesterday.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Sunday, February 27, 2022, 08:36:16 »

It’s a worrying trend. Ahead against Rovers, Exeter and now Salford and only 1 point gained.

Chuck in the debacle v Colchester and it’s clear where the problem lies. Our defenders are more than good enough for L2 so Garner has to sort out the defensive organisation.

I think the truth is - there aren’t really any good teams in L2.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Sunday, February 27, 2022, 10:05:22 »

Garner has done extremely well to assemble a top 7 squad effectively twice. You can tell with his coaching the players we have are getting better and better (with a fresh new batch in January to try to mould). The issue with him which hopefully he can improve with experience is game management. McKirdy should have been taken off 10 mins sooner and I don’t even agree with keeping Davison on whose back was fucked. Think Davison was actually the player closest to the ball from the corner where the winner was scored.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #363 on: Sunday, February 27, 2022, 10:23:00 »

Nah. Not having that. I thought they were more than decent.
I agree, one of the better sides we have faced at the CG I thought. Did their job well.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #364 on: Sunday, February 27, 2022, 10:33:38 »

TBF we lost the game with 2 moments of bad defending, Salford didn't win the game as such.

We could have made us a bit tighter at the back when in front but we didn't both Barry and McGirty getting injured cost us as it meant we couldn't attack as freely so were forced into defending more, which we failed at.

Davison was treated very badly by the ref who was onbviously related to Turnbull as he never once gave a foul against him all game despite him almost bullying Davison all game and apparently injuring him too.

Just a bad day at the office...again....could easily have been a win but lack of concentration cost us at the back....again.

And sorry but JML adds nothing to the side when he comes on, we need another streiker option on the bench rather than JML and Parsons so when our strikers are injured as all 3 were yesterday we can at least bring on a comparable player to the one going off, which we only did with Williams yesterday.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Sunday, February 27, 2022, 10:35:06 »

Agree on JML. Offers nothing
Peter Venkman

« Reply #366 on: Sunday, February 27, 2022, 10:40:22 »

I think Parsons shows more promise but he needs to go out on loan to Chippenham etc and get more game time as hes just not quite good enough at the moment, much as Twine wasn't when he first broke into the 1st team.

He needs to be starting matches to improve and L2 is a bit too big a jump for him currently.

Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Sunday, February 27, 2022, 13:22:33 »

Having taken time to reflect on yesterday’s game I’m still absolutely gutted.  Another guilt edged opportunity to close the gap on the leaders and once again we blow it.  Can’t agree Salford we’re a better side than Walsall, just a different set up.  Walsall gave us space and room to run into, Salford played the game most lower clubs play, park the bus and wait for us to make a mistake and make us pay.   Why oh why can we not beat these teams,  games like this bore the shit out of me.  Some on here praising Salfords play,  I thought they were just bang on average.  Got to get back to winning ways,  just hope we don’t get the Bradford City ‘new manager bounce’ after their result yesterday.

I agree...Salford was not that good....average as you say....swindon just didnt take advantage of an opportunity.  Be it tired, hurt, etc....unfortunately we just dont have anyone on the bench to come in for the strikers when they get hurt...i think the defense is much much better than what was here before Christmas.  They just made mental mistakes, happens i guess, they are young. 
what is unfortunate, the whole process will start over again this summer...Town has been able to get a hold of some good players that could grow into a nice team but until they can buy them and keep them, it is just going to be ups and downs.

but make no mistake, Town lost that game, Salford did not win it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Sunday, February 27, 2022, 14:11:50 »

We literally only sing when we’re winning.

Tbh that has been an improvement on much of the season.

Home and away support are night and day.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 09:13:22 »

My IPTV was on the blink on Saturday so only caught the first half. From what I could tell Salford were organised and disciplined and we seemed to not quite be 'on it' as we ended Tuesday, which of course it to be expected. A few passes overhit and going out of play etc. The main incident of course was when Salford probably should have had a penalty and us a red card as their player was held back when trying to force the ball over the line. I couldn't believe at the time he failed to score (it looked over the line also) but replays show he was held back. That said, Salford didn't seem to make a big deal of it. We definitely had luck on our side there.

As stated I didn't see the second half but surprising to see McKirdy score from a corner. It's just a shame we couldn't see out the game. Not the end of the world despite the frustration of being 1 up and losing the game, hopefully will be a kick up the arse for the run in. Now to read back and see how wrong I am about the first half incident!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 09:20:03 »

Oh and I know he's a club legend but Bodin wasn't great on co-comms on Saturday. Don't get me wrong I bet it's a bloody difficult job but I think he was calling McKirdy, "McGurty" and mixed Salford up with Salisbury on one occasion. Minor gripes all told.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 09:22:35 »

Did Mckirdy get injured during the goal celebration?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 09:31:25 »

Did Mckirdy get injured during the goal celebration?
I asked that a couple of pages back: Clattered by Turnbull who conceded the corner.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 09:43:10 »

Ignoring FGR the table is really tight from 2-8 separated by just 4 points. There are quite a few matches midweek where that will change but the run of 3 consecutive wins has really put us right back in the automatic promotion picture.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 09:58:26 »

Ignoring FGR the table is really tight from 2-8 separated by just 4 points. There are quite a few matches midweek where that will change but the run of 3 consecutive wins has really put us right back in the automatic promotion picture.
Nowhere near ready for that. Not got a strong enough spine without loans.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 28, 2022, 10:21:04 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: