Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Walsall Matchday Thread  (Read 20350 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 00:29:04 »

Watched the goals again. Joyous. All five began in our half.
On the subject of excellent and virtually unprecedented  evening attendances this season, I wonder if the fact that lots of people have been working from home for some of the week has helped. Means less rushing about to get to the match for some?

I wouldn't look for too many reasons on why so many attended. as they certainly didn't  Cheesy you could read the swindon letters on the drs during the match. no way nearly 10k in attendance but as said tickets from the postponement- season ticket holders away for half term etc may just mean it looked less. as it really did. circa 8k I reckon
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 09:52:44 »

Not read back yet - I was in the office in London for the first time in 2 years yesterday, so I have not logged into the TEF since Tuesday.

What an exhilarating game though! I thought first 30 minutes it was a very good game of football, Walsall were energetic, aggressive, pressed well and looked confident. Jojo had to look alert from a Shade shot, but aside from that Walsall did lack that cutting edge despite having a fair amount of the ball. The first goal was important and came from Cooper taking a chance in the box, we somehow were able to get out and what a lovely finish from Barry. You felt that moment released the shackles from the 18 year old. The goal on the stroke of half time was crucial and knocked the stuffing out of the saddlers. More great work and unselfish play by Davison and a lovely drilled finish by Aguiar.

Second half Walsall seemed bereft of confidence and we were all over them like a rash. The third was the best goal of the lot, Clever pull back by Tomlinson and Aguiar with the late run and deadly finish. Barry got his second and Aguiar was unlucky not to get his hat trick on 70, his goal bound shot blocked but tidied up by the gleeful Williams for a nap hand. We could easily have gone on to win by more, Menayese and Monthe seemed to be turning and running in treacle. However a comprehensive performance and after the concerns I had raised about playing a good side after Scunny and Carlisle, these were severely put to bed.

One of those games where it's really tough to choose a man of the match. I had partially written off Davison but he is looking sharp, strong and is leading the line brilliantly. Barry after a rusty start looks a potential star and Aguiar has taken to the game superbly. Tomlinson has been a lovely addition and has settled in very well. Such a clever player and has 'teamed' up with Iandolo nicely. 3 clean sheets in a row is superb and we are playing with confidence and a swagger. Cooper and O'Brien are a good combination and I think are likely to be the chosen 2 going forwards. Salford at home provides another test, but we'll be going in much more confident after the last 3 matches.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 14:46:32 »

BO - Finally someone who addresses Davison by his correct spelling  Wink

~~~~~~~~

A great win. There's no point adding much more than has been said by many (the TEF releases that big, tensely held breath of relief) already.

The only disappointing thing about Tuesday was that god awful "Official" Team Sheet...
A header graphic with that kind of stripy font "STARTING XI" should be all in caps. What was going on with the Wollacott spelling?! Walloctt...and Parsons with a lowercase "p".

This couldn't have been an ASD error, he's better than that. Plus it was an unchanged XI.

Oh well -

Town 10/10
Town Related Media 2/10

Pint Pint Pint Pint Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #318 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 14:49:04 »

BO - Finally someone who addresses Davison by his correct spelling  Wink
TBF mate I am not sure I have seen anyone call him by anything other than Davison.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 14:52:00 »

BO - Finally someone who addresses Davison by his correct spelling  Wink

~~~~~~~~

A great win. There's no point adding much more than has been said by many (the TEF releases that big, tensely held breath of relief) already.

The only disappointing thing about Tuesday was that god awful "Official" Team Sheet...
A header graphic with that kind of stripy font "STARTING XI" should be all in caps. What was going on with the Wollacott spelling?! Walloctt...and Parsons with a lowercase "p".

This couldn't have been an ASD error, he's better than that. Plus it was an unchanged XI.

Oh well -

Town 10/10
Town Related Media 2/10

Pint Pint Pint Pint Pint

Let's hope that the media team is all we have to moan about for the rest of the season - i will take that.  Who is going to start the ASD Out thread...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 14:55:36 »

TBF mate I am not sure I have seen anyone call him by anything other than Davison.

There's been a fuck ton of Davidson being bandied about. I'm just being a pendent nothing serious  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Peter Venkman

« Reply #321 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 14:55:47 »

ASD Out
Harsh!

Peter Venkman

« Reply #322 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 14:56:26 »

There's been a fuck ton of Davidson being bandied about. I'm just being a pendent nothing serious  Smiley
Possibly Smiley I havent seen one though and I dont see many if any in this thread TBH.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 14:58:55 »

BO - Finally someone who addresses Davison by his correct spelling  Wink

~~~~~~~~

Oh well -

Town 10/10
Town Related Media 2/10

Pint Pint Pint Pint Pint

Aguiar also appears to have a number of spellings on here also I've noted! Edit - after reading through the thread there is very few Davidsons and no Aguilars!
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 15:26:11 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 15:00:05 »

Let's hope that the media team is all we have to moan about for the rest of the season - i will take that.  Who is going to start the ASD Out thread...

Indeed. It was a god awful piece though. I won't be starting an ASD Out fred (I know you are being satirical), he's a top guy and been through many battles.

I think most know on here that I acknowledge and have great support for sections of the media teams. Not least ASD for STFC and Hawes for BBCWilts. Doesn't mean they aren't immune to criticism though but in the main they are two great assets to everything STFC. As is Vic Morgan of course  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 16:06:25 »

There's been a fuck ton of Davidson being bandied about. I'm just being a pendent* nothing serious  Smiley

*Pedant. It's pedant.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 18:40:11 »

Possibly Smiley I havent seen one though and I dont see many if any in this thread TBH.

Aguiar also appears to have a number of spellings on here also I've noted! Edit - after reading through the thread there is very few Davidsons and no Aguilars!

Apologies, I meant across several social media. I mean if the media team can get Wollacott spelt that wrong then I guess it's not beyond some fans getting their Davison mixed up with their Jim's   Roll Eyes

*Pedant. It's pedant.

Ahh my bad, my g! Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: