Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Walsall Matchday Thread  (Read 20388 times)
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 15:35:54 »

I think it may have been on the LS pod, but someone made the point that going to 4 at the back and having one less defender has coincided with less fannying about across the back because there is one player less to pass to. I think there is some mileage in that.

That was I, in the Carlisle post-match Loathed Strangers podcast. Having seen us again last night in dominant form, I stand by it.

Perhaps, also highly relevant, is that there's an extra attacking body at the top end of the pitch. And this occupies opposition defences/defensive midfields more than when we played 3-5-2.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 15:52:01 »

It was very different when we did my dads ashes at the CG, which was 11 years ago last month.

They dug a 4 foot deep hole under the goal at the Town End and his ashes were emptied inside the hole so that it wouldnt be dug up with the next turf relaying.

That sounds a better idea.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 15:54:38 »

I also didn't think it looked like the attendance that was announced. It was reasonably empty where I sat, more so than usual. I guess they count all ticket sales?

I seem to remember this coming up before and finding out that ST holders get included in attendance figures whether they're in the ground or not.

But my memory is fuckin awful nowadays so that could be bollocks!

..never go back.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 16:05:40 »

They probably just counted the original ticket sales from the December fixture? That’s the least amount of folk I’ve seen in D6 upper for quite a while. No chance there was that amount there last night, but that result will bring a few more through the turnstiles on Saturday.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 16:16:58 »

I seem to remember this coming up before and finding out that ST holders get included in attendance figures whether they're in the ground or not.

But my memory is fuckin awful nowadays so that could be bollocks!

I am fairly sure that all tickets sold go towards attendance- not bums on seats.

My better half and I were 'in attendance' whilst our arses were actually on seats at a Stranglers concert.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 16:46:03 »

I'd love to see Simpson and Davison in the same attack, still think Simpson could be back next year, and Davison
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 16:54:29 »

I'd love to see Simpson and Davison in the same attack, still think Simpson could be back next year, and Davison
Davison if he carries on improving I would think we have a great chance of signing in the Summer, but Simpson is being scouted by a few bigger clubs and would command a fee for transfer of contract, but if he wants to start games rather than be a young backup at a championship club....we would be silly not to try and sign him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 17:30:51 »

Davison if he carries on improving I would think we have a great chance of signing in the Summer, but Simpson is being scouted by a few bigger clubs and would command a fee for transfer of contract, but if he wants to start games rather than be a young backup at a championship club....we would be silly not to try and sign him.
Think it will go to Tribunal with Simpson as he has to agree the contract which it seems he will not sign
Peter Venkman

« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 17:36:51 »

Think it will go to Tribunal with Simpson as he has to agree the contract which it seems he will not sign
I expect if it does go to a tribunal the fee could be approaching what MKD had to pay us for Twine.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 18:53:21 »

Wonder what the chances are of signing Tomlinson in the summer. Blimey,Posh can't rate him that much if Nathan Thompson gets in above him (in my opinion)

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman

« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 18:57:08 »

Wonder what the chances are of signing Tomlinson in the summer. Blimey,Posh can't rate him that much if Nathan Thompson gets in above him (in my opinion)
I would love Tomlinson to sign, I had hoped we would have made an offer for him pre season but Posh did and got him.

New manager there though soon and maybe he will want to assess him at the end of the season.

I would do our utmost to sign the lad, hes made such a difference at LB.

EDIT: Grant Mccann is the new manager of Posh then apparently, leaked by the owner earlier.

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 19:12:09 »

EDIT: Grant Mccann is the new manager of Posh then apparently, leaked by the owner earlier.

Good grief, they are not very imaginative with their recruitment

I come from a land down-under
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 19:13:43 »

I expect if it does go to a tribunal the fee could be approaching what MKD had to pay us for Twine.
Be interesting won't it as he's only been there 3 years
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 19:22:17 »

Good grief, they are not very imaginative with their recruitment

I'm surprised Barry Fry hasn't come out of retirement!

So, give no fucks
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 22:17:15 »

Watched the goals again. Joyous. All five began in our half.
On the subject of excellent and virtually unprecedented  evening attendances this season, I wonder if the fact that lots of people have been working from home for some of the week has helped. Means less rushing about to get to the match for some?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: