Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Scunthorpe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 24590 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 15:45:42 »

Swindon 1 Scunthorpe 0 still waiting for the Tranmere attendance so won't bother predicting Saturday's.

5,767 with 262 of us
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 15:49:56 »

5,767 with 262 of us

Cheers 4D. Wow that was lower than I predicted considering where Tranmere are in the league.

Swindon 1 Scunthorpe 0 Att, 7,395 with 160 Scunny

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 19:45:56 »

fit enough for the bench Duke?

Be a very risky call Mate.
A huge loss for us, just hope not rushed back too soon.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 20:04:41 »

Be a very risky call Mate.
A huge loss for us, just hope not rushed back too soon.

Feels Inevitable - hopefully won't need him.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 11, 2022, 09:27:35 »

So 262 of us lost a couple of hours or so on Tuesday night that we'll never get back.
Not to mention those watching from further afield.
It's not the first time it's happened over the years and it won't be the last.

As others have said it's a must win game tomorrow and also a chance to salute The General.
Ideal scenario would be winning the game (I reckon we will) and Grant is the stand out player on the pitch before departing the fray after 85 mins or so.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 11, 2022, 09:28:54 »

Ben Garner presser

Jack Payne joined in training but didn’t do whole session so being assessed. He’s Not in a position to start tomorrow

Williams out for a week or so

Louis Reed back

Doesn’t see our  style of play as risky and wants to push on

(from FB group)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 11, 2022, 09:46:54 »

Doesn’t see our  style of play as risky and wants to push on
Our style of play invites teams to close us down and individual mistakes have cost us.

I see what he means but if you want to minimise errors you lower the risks by not putting yourself into the positions that we are. Conroy, Odimayo, JOB and Cooper as well as Iandolo, Hunt and KKH have all cost us with indidual mistakes bringin the ball out from the back.

Maybe the system isnt massively flawed but the players trying to play it actually are? limited players in league 2? who'd have thunk it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 11, 2022, 09:56:06 »

I don't know how this is going to go. I do know if we do anything other than win the venom and displeasure from the masses will escalate. Things could get very interesting tomorrow evening.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 11, 2022, 09:57:55 »

Ben Garner presser

Jack Payne joined in training but didn’t do whole session so being assessed. He’s Not in a position to start tomorrow

Williams out for a week or so

Louis Reed back

Doesn’t see our  style of play as risky and wants to push on

(from FB group)

Interesting comment about Garner not seeing our style of play being risky. And not sure I agree with that at all. The whole mantra of playing it out from the bank between the keeper and the 3 Centre halves is surely riskiness personified? Obviously the intention is to pull the opposition up the pitch, get them out of shape, beat the press etc but to say it isn't risky isn't really accurate.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, February 11, 2022, 09:59:11 »

I don't know how this is going to go. I do know if we do anything other than win the venom and displeasure from the masses will escalate. Things could get very interesting tomorrow evening.

Yep, anything other than a win isn't really an option tomorrow, perhaps if we are 3-0 down and come back to draw 3-3 then that might 'just' be acceptable but yeah, it's win or bust really.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, February 11, 2022, 10:01:06 »

Please ditch the 5 at the back tomorrow

I’d go for

JJ
Hunt Cooper Odimayo Tomlinson
Reed Iandolo
Gladwin
Mckirdy Davison Barry
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26 on: Friday, February 11, 2022, 10:09:55 »

Please ditch the 5 at the back tomorrow

I’d go for

JJ
Hunt Cooper Odimayo Tomlinson
Reed Iandolo
Gladwin
Mckirdy Davison Barry
I wouldn't mind us going for that line up but Garner does love his 3 CB's so I would have JOB in instead of Odimayo too I think JOB has been our most consistant defender since his debut first half.

This isn't how I want us to line up but how I feel we will.

JJ
         Cooper     JOB   Odimayo
Hunt       Reed      Iandolo    Tomlinson
                     Gladwin
               Mckirdy Davison

Personally I think we shouldnt be so heavily defensively biased at home with essentially 6 defenders we should risk Barry from the off to see what he has in his locker and go 3 up top at home even if its at the expense of Iandolo in midfield who did not look settled there on Tuesday at all.

I would prefer to go..if we stick with 3 at the back as per norm.

JJ
         Cooper     JOB   Odimayo
Hunt       Reed      Gladwin        Tomlinson
        Barry                          McKirdy
                         Davison

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, February 11, 2022, 10:18:20 »

I wouldn't mind us going for that line up but Garner does love his 3 CB's so I would have JOB in instead of Odimayo too I think JOB has been our most consistant defender since his debut first half.

This isn't how I want us to line up but how I feel we will.

JJ
         Cooper     JOB   Odimayo
Hunt       Reed      Iandolo    Tomlinson
                     Gladwin
               Mckirdy Davison

Personally I think we shouldnt be so heavily defensively biased at home with essentially 6 defenders we should risk Barry from the off to see what he has in his locker and go 3 up top at home even if its at the expense of Iandolo in midfield who did not look settled there on Tuesday at all.

I would prefer to go..if we stick with 3 at the back as per norm.

JJ
         Cooper     JOB   Odimayo
Hunt       Reed      Gladwin        Tomlinson
        Barry                          McKirdy
                         Davison

Not bad. I just can't stand Hunt at RWB. He's a good player and an honest footballer but part of the issue with us constantly turning back is due to the fact he can't beat a man and has no pace...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #28 on: Friday, February 11, 2022, 10:23:04 »

part of the issue with us constantly turning back is due to the fact he can't beat a man and has no pace...
I think this can be levelled at pretty much every player in our team barring McKirdy, Tomlinson and Barry.

The first thing each player seems to do is look for the easy backwards pass all the time as the prefered option, "just don't lose possession".

So many times we have had the ball on the edge of the opponents area and 3 passes later its played back to Wollacott or Ward and its back to square 1 instead of taking a risk and trying to find a player in an attacking position.

This irritates me far more than our defensive frailties TBH. We have pretty much no risk takers in the team, I have no idea if thats what they are told or they feel they arent allowed to do that or are not capable of doing that.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, February 11, 2022, 10:44:07 »

I think this can be levelled at pretty much every player in our team barring McKirdy, Tomlinson and Barry.

The first thing each player seems to do is look for the easy backwards pass all the time as the prefered option, "just don't lose possession".

So many times we have had the ball on the edge of the opponents area and 3 passes later its played back to Wollacott or Ward and its back to square 1 instead of taking a risk and trying to find a player in an attacking position.

This irritates me far more than our defensive frailties TBH. We have pretty much no risk takers in the team, I have no idea if thats what they are told or they feel they arent allowed to do that or are not capable of doing that.

Maybe that's what Garner means by us not playing 'risky football'?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: