Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rip It Up Again S2: E1: Pronouns - What Are They/Them/She/Her/He/Him & More...  (Read 1795 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 00:21:52 »

Hi all,

Our show Rip It Up is back again for a second season. We've got some great guests, topical discussion and entertainment lined up yet again. We've also got an initial trial sponsor too which was really great to get on board!

In our returning and opening episode we're talking about... "Pronouns"

No pressure to take our very short 3 question survey but it'll be great if some of you were to do so Smiley

As always, your comments will remain anonymous but may be used for discussion during the show. Also a reminder that no abusive comments, targeted at anyone from our show will be read out - it will be a waste of time trying to spread hate or intimidate anyone. IPs get instantly reported and tracked on the platform we use now after previous abuse, which is highly suspected to have originated from user(s) of the TEF after an investigation.

The part above isn't really a part I enjoy writing as I know it is down to some incredibly sad individuals and several here have contributed some really insightful stuff so thank you Smiley

If you want to take part in the survey, you can do so here:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PNDHZWC

Cheers,
Milo & Bamboo
Rip It Up
Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 03:30:01 »

I’ve/Us/They have answered it. I honestly didn’t understand some of the alternatives - were they foreign language or something.

Christ on a bike. What a time to be alive!
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 18:30:52 »

Nice one Aud, it was interesting to read your comments and take on things. Whilst they may differ to my own - fully respected. Hope you're feeling better after being a bit ropey last night!

Anyone else, if you fancy taking the survey you have until about 8pm before the survey closes for this episode.

Cheers,

Bamboo
Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 15:36:01 »

Rip It Up Again S2 E1: Writing, Football & Pronouns ft. Seth Burkett

Decent one this for any football fans. Even if some might not agree with or want to understand the main topic discussed, it was definitely important we approached it in the landscape of evolving language and adapting to new approaches in human preference. Footballing communities in particular often tend to lag behind in changes of attitudes (on and off the field) so a worthwhile watch.

Once again, thanks for the input from some of you on here; very much appreciated.

Top lad is Seth, he has written some cracking football based non-fiction. He's previously been shortlisted for Football Book of the Year and William Hill Sports Book of the Year.

Come and join us as we talk with Seth, the first English footballer to play professional football in Brazil

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 11, 2022, 22:43:54 »

By the way, if any of you lot want to win a case of beer AND plant some trees then enter our giveaway.

We've teamed up with S2E1 sponsor Better World Brewing, who will be giving away 2 cases of mixed beer. We've already had one person answer correctly so this is your last chance here on the TEF. All you've got to do is answer these teasers (hint, the answers are in the episode);

What name do I mistakenly call Seth?

&

Who does Seth state as the only reason for him being a writer?

First correct entrant wins. You have until 11:59pm on Sunday 13th March until entries close and winners will be announced at the end of S2E3 which airs on YouTube Premiere at 8pm Sunday 20th March!

Good luck, and cheers  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 13:55:44 »

Extending the above offer until the end of today as still need one more correct answer.

Questions are above. Answers are in the episode. 24 x 440ml beers for nowt to anyone who answers correctly. Oh and you'll also plant 2 x Trees as well, offsetting all the carbon used (and some) in getting your beers to you.

Plus if you like Beer and animals, Better World (who sponsored the first episode of our show) have featured an endangered species on each can, with the name of the particular beer linked to/named after each one. Some pretty cool artwork in a sketch design style too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: