McKirdy - 0 (0%)
Davison - 0 (0%)
Barry - 0 (0%)
Williams - 0 (0%)
Mitchell-Lawson - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 51

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Crawley T MoM  (Read 2682 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 21:40:02 »

What a dreadful League 2 spectacle that was. Maybe predictably missing creativity in the middle with that line-up, but the bigger problem was too many players way off the pace after the first half-hour tonight. Let's hope the new boys bed in quickly, because we're currently in lower mid-table form.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 21:40:25 »

Cooper looks head and shoulders above L2 standard
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 21:46:05 »

Cooper- the problem we may have with him is it was too easy at the start of the game.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 21:48:19 »

Minimal MOM competition.  O'Brien v Cooper.  That's it

My choice at the final whistle had been Reed on the basis he'd been faultless all night.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 21:50:57 »

o’brien for me but Cooper was decent.  
adje

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 21:55:10 »

Yeah,OB for me just shading Cooper

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:26:16 »

O'Brien was better than cooper, so gets my vote. I'm not taking that it's his first game into account
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:27:33 »

Cooper looked very composed bar one late mishap he recovered well, shades of Jack Stephens. Far more assured than Dion Hoddle next to him who must surely be on borrowed time now in terms of his starting slot.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:50:53 »

Cooper looked very composed bar one late mishap he recovered well, shades of Jack Stephens. Far more assured than Dion Hoddle next to him who must surely be on borrowed time now in terms of his starting slot.

I made the Jack Stephens comparison too! Looks a really good player and was talking all game which is more than can be said about the majority of the team
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 23:07:13 »

Cooper and O'Brien were very good. Based on the fact it was his debut, I'd go for Cooper.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 23:30:57 »

Cooper for me. He defended well and got forward a few times to better effect than some of the midfielders in front of him
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 07:02:18 »

Thought about this a bit more.....Iandolo started incredibly brightly and looked a lot better to me with Cooper behind him. The thing he didn't do was link particularly well with anyone.

Williams, when he was brought on, was played far too deep and Lyden pushed forward. To me, Iandolo's best performances have come when he has been linking with Williams, and not to play them together on the left was criminal.

Barry just wasn't at the races and looked totally lost. If he hadn't trained with us or didn't know what he was doing, then maybe he wasn't the right one to have brought on at half time. Personally, I would have brought Williams on for Gladwin at that point and looked to give Barry a 15 min cameo once we had got back into the game. Gladwin, for me, once again offered little after the first 5 minutes of the game.

Davison: The jury is out. He has some good attributes, but, finishing doesn't appear to be one of them. I thought the good thing about Simpson was that he made space for McKirdy - Davison, for me, was often trying to occupy the same space. The only other people I have seen on the same wavelength as McKirdy have been Williams and (surprisingly) Parsons in pre-season.

I don't think I want to analyse it any more. That went from being a lively 20 mins to an absolutely dire performance.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 07:07:59 »

I voted for Ellis as I thought he was unplayable for large parts of the game, especially in the first half. I really noticed his effort and willingness to drive forward and try to make things happen. I don’t understand those people who dislike him. Maybe we need to push him into a winger role to get the best out of him - like a Deolefeou or Bale type player? His strengths are largely offensive attributes. That said I don’t think he is a bad defender. I for one am pleased he signed a new deal.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 07:59:55 »

O’Brien and Cooper for me.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 09:52:17 »

Minimal MOM competition.  O'Brien v Cooper.  That's it

My choice at the final whistle had been Reed on the basis he'd been faultless all night.
Agreed.

Chose JOB in the end but it could be either.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: