Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crap ex Town players  (Read 10879 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 18:44:42 »

And Bessone who started off this whole thread.
He was second season wasn’t he?
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 18:46:40 »

Popped by for some transfer rumours, stayed for this... has anyone mentioned Dean Hooper yet?

He was not good, but he was a non-league long shot signing so I didn't find him annoying. It's the ones that have a previous career at pro clubs and then look like they've never seen a ball before are the ones that baffle me.

..never go back.
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 18:54:14 »

Not sure if I've mentioned it before but Roy Greenwood.

I'll paraphrase a piece about him on the much-missed 'Bring the Noise". It went:-

"When Roy Greenwood was at Derby, he was know for his turn of pace and his ginger beard. When he got to Swindon, the pace had gone and a ginger beard was not much use in tormenting opposition defences."

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 19:26:32 »

Quote from: PetsWinPrizes
Popped by for some transfer rumours, stayed for this... has anyone mentioned Dean Hooper yet?

they have now.

aside, are the London Reds still a thing. someone was looking for a London group in Twitter yesterday
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 19:47:14 »

they have now.

aside, are the London Reds still a thing. someone was looking for a London group in Twitter yesterday

Yeah there is. But it's probably 50/50 with people that now live in London versus people that used to and moved away.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 19:52:47 »

cheers Bob, got an official Twitter for the group? I'll try and find the tweet...

edit: bugger if I can find it now
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 20:04:14 »

cheers Bob, got an official Twitter for the group? I'll try and find the tweet...

edit: bugger if I can find it now

Ah no nothing as organised as that, just a WhatsApp group Batch.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 20:33:11 »

Risser wasn't that terrible. There's been worse than the former Namibian international. He's what I would call an "ambition player". No doubt the commitment and model pro from him. Also a gent in real life (I'm aware that doesn't count a jot on the pitch) too.

I think the trouble that comes from several players in the PdC era, is that they were paid above average for their ability/level. Fruitful if you were an average L2/decent NL level pro player and got picked up by the Italian scattergun.

Had Town signed Risser's brother Wilko (which Town very nearly did) then he likely would have made this list.

OR was Captain as well I believe? Scored a few decent goals and has a L2 title to boot. I can't really put him in a ShitXI.

Ibrahim Atiku however...it's kind of nuts for him. Had he obtained a work permit he would've signed pro terms with Manchester United; he was never going to be the next Michael Essien though  No No No

My ultimate for me is always Yinka Casal. That guy managed to obtain a pretty lucrative 2yr contract and yet spent most of his time with his posse of mandems scouting the 'burbs of El Dene, Coate Water and presumably Clyffe Pypard Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 20:35:14 »

If you want a player who blamed everyone else then aljofree is as bad as o can remember. If I'll normally being on the receiving end of his stares. He was fucking useless and an even worse captain. If I'll played a lot better alongside Vincent than he ever did alongside aljofree
adje

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 20:53:15 »

If you want a player who blamed everyone else then aljofree is as bad as o can remember. If I'll normally being on the receiving end of his stares. He was fucking useless and an even worse captain. If I'll played a lot better alongside Vincent than he ever did alongside aljofree
Yeah,but his goal relegated Gillingham. That makes him a legend for me!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 07:43:19 »

Transfer market reminder me of kovar, who I blatted from memory already.

I expect he is on page 1 ...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 10:03:40 »

The late Dave Mackay would have made Boris Johnson look a handy defender.

He unbelievably took the place of Stan Harland, dropped him completely on becoming manager, sold the Don and immediately re-invested a third of the transfer fee on Tommy Jenkins (4 goals in 100 games).

At that point, he showed the fans his only ever turn of pace - by buggering off within days "for personal reasons" and popping up a week later as manager at Forest.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 10:08:44 by RedRag » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 10:34:43 »

The late Dave Mackay would have made Boris Johnson look a handy defender.

He unbelievably took the place of Stan Harland, dropped him completely on becoming manager, sold the Don and immediately re-invested a third of the transfer fee on Tommy Jenkins (4 goals in 100 games).

At that point, he showed the fans his only ever turn of pace - by buggering off within days "for personal reasons" and popping up a week later as manager at Forest.
Under stiff competition possibly our worst ever manager

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 10:41:50 »

Under stiff competition possibly our worst ever manager
I was too young when he was manager to be able to judge him but it would take some beating to be rated as worse than Sheirdan IMO, most defeats, least wins, zero personality etc etc.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 10:49:48 »

I was too young when he was manager to be able to judge him but it would take some beating to be rated as worse than Sheirdan IMO, most defeats, least wins, zero personality etc etc.

I think statistically, of those that have managed for more than 10 games, Paul Hart is our least successful manager. Include  caretakers and I think, hope, it's the utter cunt that used to own the club.

..never go back.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: